Shabazz Muhammad

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CKR13 View Post
    If that happens and Muhammad commits to the Kentucky Wildcats, I want to know what makes John Calipari tick.
    Yeah, I'm betting Muhammed picks Kentucky along with either Noel or Bennett too. Or maybe even all 3.

I think Calipari has embraced the one and done mentality when most coaches are marketing their schools as great experiences for kids, they can get their degrees, they can learn from an established coach all of these things while Calipari simply says "I'll get you into the NBA". I know that's oversimplifying things but at the core I believe that is the message that is getting transmitted to these kids.

I also think Calipari is doing something that's giving him the edge that is a violation of NCAA rules. I have no evidence of this outside of the fact that he has a history of NCAA transgressions and is able to recruit these top level players at a rate never before seen in modern day college basketball. I mean, has the guy really figured something out that no other coach in the history of the NCAA has figured out or is he doing something underhanded to help him land these kids?

Comment

i had similar argument in croatian forum. personaly i don't see any of his players made big impruvment under him. they all looked same to me before and after they played for him. like davis who is mostley dunking or standing in zone and nothing more instend of polishing his skills and one on one defense wih are things he will have to do in nba
      Jordi Bertomeu sucks!

Comment

Don't think there are many coaches other than Calipari that could have turned UMass into a national power. And unlike at Kentucky, he barely had any NBA talent on those teams.
        Originally posted by Fedfan
        Most ppl get childish when they lose.
        Originally posted by GuTO
        refs in games of Spain walks with literally poop in his pants afraid of the Spanish players

Comment

Originally posted by JGX View Post
          Don't think there are many coaches other than Calipari that could have turned UMass into a national power. And unlike at Kentucky, he barely had any NBA talent on those teams.
          Yeah he ran some good teams back then, that 1996 team I think it was, was one of my favorite teams with Camby in the middle and the backcourt of Padilla and Travieso. I remember my buddy and I pretending to be Padilla and Travieso during pickup games.

I actually think he's a good coach in the sense that he gets his players to play to their potential for the most part. But per my statement above I don't trust him.

Comment

Shabazz Muhammad will be attending UCLA.
            Sacramento Kings
            HERE WE STAY UNTIL THE COWBELLS COME HOME

Comment

Shabazz Muhammad will be attending UCLA.
              rumors Tony Parker may follow, Bazz clearly wants to improve his defense and Coach Howland promise him that they will run more next year...

Comment

Shabazz Muhammad led the West team winning the Jordan Brand Classic All-American game 99-95 with 20 pts+ 4 reb. He was named the West's MVP, while Rodney Purvis was the East's MVP with 22 pts (and 10:13 FG).

CHARLOTTE, N.C. -- It didn’t really dawn on Shabazz Muhammad until he walked into Time Warner Cable Arena in Charlotte, N.C., to play in the Jordan Brand Classic on Saturday, but when he thought about the fact that this was the last time he’d get the chance to lace 'em up as a high schooler, he could think of only one thing.

Comment

SLAM Online | Video: Jordan Brand Classic Recap
                  Sacramento Kings

Comment

Muhammad was named 2011-2012 ESPNHS Mr. Basketball USA.
                    Sacramento Kings

Comment

Shabazz Muhammad and UCLA are planning on a China tour for their pre-season preparations.

Trip to China will jump-start UCLA's season
                      Sacramento Kings

Comment

Shabazz Muhammad tops 2012 PARADE All-America team

Comment

Shabazz Muhammad and UCLA are planning on a China tour for their pre-season preparations.

Trip to China will jump-start UCLA's season
                          Muhammad may not be able to join the China pre-season tour due to ineligibility status regarding an ongoing investigation based on alleged improper benefits that Muhammad may have received during the recruitment process.
                          Sacramento Kings

Comment

A wild What If from SB Nation:

Is The NBA D-League An Option For Shabazz Muhammad?
                            Sacramento Kings

Comment

Muhammad will be sidelined for 2-4 weeks due to a sprained shoulder. His eligibility status is still undergoing investigation.
                              Sacramento Kings

Comment

It would have been great to see Muhammad in action tonight. Eligibility still up in the air.
                                Sacramento Kings

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information