VTB League 2011/2012

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dreamcatcher View Post
    What? Who don't say? Johnson was quite good, i liked his game, but then he got strong injury and that's way he left. Milosevic, who generally wasn't good, but it's the fact that he was Rytas player, is only 2-nd pg in Astana. And for example, Bjelica stayed for a long time in Rytas, but i would call him very average player with horrible rebounding and bad defence.

I watched some Newley's game in WC and didn't see anything what i couldn't see in Lithuania. He's quite good in defence, but he's freaking unstable in offense and has quite bad shot for SF. And you won't denie, that he's psichological weak, he mentioned it himself and it's also an important aspect of the game.

Finally, i don't understund the point of it's dispute. The current foreigners in Astana generally are players of Rytas's level. No doubt.
    Johnson was quite good before the injury but after that in Lietuvos Rytas he was terrible. He recovered in the end of the season in Turkey, though.

Miloševič was good only when Kurtinaitis was the coach, he used the best what Miloševič has.

That WC was Newley's the worst international tournament that he ever played...you should have watched him this year in games against teams like Serbia (okay okay, that were only friendly games but it does show how he can play, too). I definitely agree with you about pshychology, it's old story and I noticed that in a first month when he started to play for Lietuvos Rytas. Still, he is much better than others see him. http://london2012.fiba.com/pages/eng...//profile.html

You always really underrate players of Lietuvos Rytas and for you very well known name is always much better than not that much known player.
    I'm on twitter

Comment

Wtf.
      At some level i love these moments of posting frenzy,but then again-Konjac guy is a troll.
      Being signed for lrytas is usually a step up for most of the players
      What happens afterwards is very simple - some of them get to sign for better teams in europe ,some get signed for better money abroad,but not in very good teams(like Ukrainian).
      Some get contracts just because of that,for playing in lrytas.
      And let that be a lesson to you all. Nobody beats Zalgiris 17 times in a row.

Comment

Having watched both Marshall and Newley in Greece i can say that Marshall is more important for a team, whereas Newley is hard working, team player, but will never be a leader.

Comment

Rytas just lost to Azovmash 82:73.Horrible offense by us and also just awful FT shooting(55%).I hope this will be the first and also the last loss to the ukranians this year.
          Lietuvos rytas - signing your Yugoslavian scrubs since forever.

Comment

Originally posted by auris1 View Post
            Wtf.

Some get contracts just because of that,for playing in lrytas.
            yes, ofcourse
            all of europe is waiting to sign L. Rytas rejects..
            "Heja, heja Cibosi, hrabri kao vukovi,

heja, heja cibosi, vodite nas k pobjedi. "

Comment

Žalgiris struggled once again, this time against Krasnye Krylia. They were down 4 points with less than a minute to go and Russians had the ball, but the hosts finished the game well. 84:82 for Žalgiris in their first game in the new arena. The team-play was lacking again, they won because of talent, but it won't be enough in the Euroleague. It's going to be a hard game against CSKA... And man, Weems and Lawson are SO fast, they could be the best fast-break duo in the Euroleague.

Comment

Those who did not see the game can watch it here (Žalgiris - Krasnye Krylia).
                Girdėjau gandą - ateina lietūs

Comment

So anyways Zalgiris lost to Nizhny Novgorod 86:92 at home.That's just embarrassing.They need to get a new head coach ASAP,otherwise they'll get raped by Panathinaikos on friday.

Comment

Originally posted by hustlerlt View Post
                    So anyways Zalgiris lost to Nizhny Novgorod 86:92 at home.That's just embarrassing.They need to get a new head coach ASAP,otherwise they'll get raped by Panathinaikos on friday.
                    I highly doubt a new coach is gonna improve the chances of that limited squad in a game against PAO in OAKA...or are there still some disilusioned fans who believe that a team consisting of Jankunas, Javtokas and Kalnietis is a Euroleague Final 4 contender?

Comment

Rytas beat Nymburk today 78:72.Rytas scorers were Rice 18(8 assists),Roberts 13(11 rebounds),10 Seibutis and Babrauskas,9 Rasic and Samardziski(7 rebounds),5 Valanciunas(6 rebounds),2 Jomantas and Katelynas.Nymburk scorers were Simmons 26,Wilson 20(7 rebounds),8 Bendra,7 Pumpra(8 rebounds),5 Spralja,4 Lawrence and 2 Necas.I didn't like the refereeing today,which at times was just horrible,Rytas free throw shooting needs a lot of work,they hit them only at 57%.Also the lithuanians in our team weren't really good today,but I liked to see their clear desire to win the game,which almost wasn't existing last year.

Comment

Zalgiris lost another game today.This time it was Vef,who won 88:79.Zalgiris scorers:Lawson 17,Rakovic 14,Javtokas 10(8 rebounds),Popovic 10,Weems 8(9 rebounds),Jankunas 6,Klimavicius,Kuzminskas and Kalnietis 4,Collins 2.Vef scorers:Millage 20,Bertans 18,Valters 13,Janicenoks 11,Kavaliauskas 9(7 rebounds),Perry 8,Sims 6,Berzins 3.Vef played a terrible game,but Zalgiris still managed to be worse,although I've got to admit,that in the end the latvians were a little bit lucky.Before this game I was sure,that Zalgiris will beat Brose Baskets in the Euroleague this week,but now I really doubt it.

Comment

Zalgiris lost another game,but this time at least it was a pretty good opponent-Uniks.Still that doesn't justify the result they were beaten by.The final result was 79:52 and I see no chances for Zalgiris to beat CSKA in Euroleague this week.Actually I don't see any chances for Zalgiris to lose by less than 15 points against CSKA.

Comment

Aco Petrović left Azovmash's bench due to personal reasons. Gintaras Krapikas at the helm now.
                            Die Liebe wird eine Krankheit, wenn man sie als eine Heilung sieht
                            Artificial Nature

Comment

May I just ask a quick question?...

IS VTB the 'main' league for VEF this season? and also are they taking part in the BBL this year also? I know it sounds really dumb to ask but watching Riga in Eurocup the commentator was saying they've gone unbeaten in BBL yet they are not mentioned on the BBL site this year?!

The VTB League Iphone app is really ace aswell, nice to see!

Thanks

Gazz
                              VEF RIGA

Comment

Originally posted by gazzw87 View Post
                                and also are they taking part in the BBL this year also?
                                they will participate from playoff stage http://www.bbl.net/images/gallery/sm...9dc06854ce.jpg

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information