Lietuvos Rytas
    Asseco Prokom
    Azovmash
    Spartak St.Petersburg
    Lokomotiv-Kuban
    Minsk-2006
    Nymburk
    Qualifier 2

Home-Away system (16 games for each team)

1st places goes directly to Final4, while 2nd placed teams will go to final round of play-offs, where they will face winners of match-ups between 3rd and 4th teams of the groups. Series will be played in best-of-3 format

Qualification tournament (will be held in Siauliai from 27th of September till 2nd of October)

"A"

Yenisey
    Honka
    Anwil

"B"

Kranye Krylya
    Dnepr
    Siauliai

2 top teams of each group will go to 2nd round (including points taken in 1st one) and will play against each other again

Regular season will start on 10th of October and will finish in March of 2012

So what do you know -in a few short years the league expanded beyond recognition.
    I am not sure though which version i prefer - like in first year with short season and action packed finale,or like last year with some unfortunately weak teams added to expand the geography and lacking intrigue / suspense.
    Time will be a judge.
    The only thing i can say that i hardly care about the tournament.
    I am going to watch the games and i hope there will be plenty of good ones,but you know,win or loose,it would not matter that much for me.
    But i am ready to do 180 degree turn if necessary.
    And let that be a lesson to you all. Nobody beats Zalgiris 17 times in a row.

Comment

My point of view changed a lot since last season regarding VTB. I didn't look at it seriously then, but now it's getting really interesting, league surely becomes more competitive. More Russian teams = higher class tournament, Astana invests a lot in their team (5mln $ budget, recent signings says a lot), Ukrainian teams getting stronger (sadly Donetsk isn't here), VEF, Nymburk also shouldn't be a push-overs. Got little info regarding Kalev and Minsk, but even without them, there're enough good teams. Just to remember how few years back Zalgiris had to play in poor BBL - it's a big step forward IMO and not only for us.
      Btw, BBL should become somekind of 2nd division of VTB, otherwise league is doomed

Comment

From now on, we will be saying..

The best leagues in Europe are
        1) ACB
        2) VTB League
        3) The Field

The way it is, VTB has the potential to become better than the ACB. But it is not a national league and we don't know how it will run over the following years. As for attendance, the Spanish are incomparably better
        Sexuality when one reaches their 30s is either mainstream or sick, but no matter what, it isn't pure

Comment

Yeah, VTB is getting better and better. I hope to see Å iauliai qualifying for the main tournament - that would be very good for Lithuanian basketball because at perspective of level VTB is about similar to EuroCup, maybe even stronger by little and teams will play many games. It would be nice to see Å iauliai playing against such a teams like CSKA or Unics, Chimki.
          I'm on twitter

Comment

I hope that Siauliai makes to the VTB also.They are again trying to improve their team with unknown players from weaker NCAA teams,but still I think they might beat both teams in their group.Krasnye Krylya should be the toughest oponent in their group with having players like Green and Brezec,but Siauliai are known to be able to compete against teams like Zalgiris and Rytas from time to time.For example,they lost to Zalgiris last season by only 10 points and were able to beat Rytas by 1 point,meanwhile still having one of the worst seasons in teams history.
            Lietuvos rytas - signing your Yugoslavian scrubs since forever.

Comment

As i heard our PBL should be repealed in next season. It just means that all russian teams, including VLADIVOSTOK eventually will play in VTB league. So, does it mean that two the main lithuanian giant will leave your LKL and will ONLY play in our VTB league?..

Comment

Originally posted by hustlerlt View Post
                I hope that Siauliai makes to the VTB also.They are again trying to improve their team with unknown players from weaker NCAA teams,but still I think they might beat both teams in their group.Krasnye Krylya should be the toughest oponent in their group with having players like Green and Brezec,but Siauliai are known to be able to compete against teams like Zalgiris and Rytas from time to time.For example,they lost to Zalgiris last season by only 10 points and were able to beat Rytas by 1 point,meanwhile still having one of the worst seasons in teams history.
                Brežec signed with Lokomotiv so that's good for them.

Šiauliai will have a home crowd advantage, besides that, they all will play from the preparations together (for example, last season they added Broadus when they were out of the EuroCup, then soon Harris moved to Ukraine, they got Delaš when season was already began, etc.) so this year it gonna be different. Besides that, American additions (especially Cameron Long) look to be great. They were possible NBA draft candidates so it's good for Šiauliai to sign him (I've read in Cameron's twitter that his mother has financial problems so he really wants to start his pro career and earn as much money as he can to help his mom..he looks to be very good from what I've read and heard from tohers).

What as for now, Šiauliai needs to get one more SF/PF player (it depends on that, where they are planning to use Žukauskas...) and even maybe PG because Long is more as a combo guard with shooting abilities so they need to find good substitution for Broadus.

Vaslover, no, they will play in LKL for sure because it really matters at getting Euroleague licenses and teams want to play there. As few days ago manager of Lietuvos Rytas told that they understand other teams from smaller cities need them, they want to be part of Lithuanian basketball and they WILL play in LKL.

Same with Žalgiris, while the biggest problem is for BBL - they might loose Rytas and Žalgiris there...even VEF had discussion about not playing in the regular season as Rytas and Žalgiris did last season.

What as for Å iauliai, they're not playing in any other European tournament (they didn't want to play in EuroChallenge and they didn't qualify for EuroCup because they lost in LKL play-offs) so they have much more free time for games.
                Last edited by sagenas; 07-27-2011, 09:48 AM.
                I'm on twitter

Comment

Honka wont play in VTB-qualifications. At least they were relegated from Korisliiga. Probably due to their finance.

Comment

DeJuan Blair with a strong qualifying tournament, we'll see how he does against better opposition.
                    Originally posted by Fedfan
                    Most ppl get childish when they lose.
                    Originally posted by GuTO
                    refs in games of Spain walks with literally poop in his pants afraid of the Spanish players

Comment

Originally posted by vaslover View Post
                      As i heard our PBL should be repealed in next season. It just means that all russian teams, including VLADIVOSTOK eventually will play in VTB league. So, does it mean that two the main lithuanian giant will leave your LKL and will ONLY play in our VTB league?..
                      That seems a merge between PBL and VTB.

Would there be possibly a russian group and a "rest of the world" one for the 2012-13 season?
                      FIRE THE NEXT ONE!!!
                      EŭroKorbo, the useless basketball blog in esperanto.

Comment

Originally posted by Gonzaka View Post
                        That seems a merge between PBL and VTB.

Would there be possibly a russian group and a "rest of the world" one for the 2012-13 season?
                        Most probably that we,ll see a merge between PBL and VTB. I just don,t understand that if Lithuanians and other countries a merge with Russians for what exactly they,ll compete and participating? For money, for the national idea or something else? We can only guess. Really...

Comment

Most probably that we,ll see a merge between PBL and VTB. I just don,t understand that if Lithuanians and other countries a merge with Russians for what exactly they,ll compete and participating? For money, for the national idea or something else? We can only guess. Really...
                          I'd put this question a bit differently. It's not like f.e. LKL or LBL is merging with VTB (they will stay the same), but PBL, so what exactly Russian teams will compete for? Money, national idea or smth else?

Comment

Originally posted by Mindozas View Post
                            I'd put this question a bit differently. It's not like f.e. LKL or LBL is merging with VTB (they will stay the same), but PBL, so what exactly Russian teams will compete for? Money, national idea or smth else?
                            My friend, it,s too complicate questions for me, for what exactly Russians teams will compete for...

Comment

My friend, it,s too complicate questions for me, for what exactly Russians teams will compete for...
                              Other question here - Euroleague. Who and what for will get licenceses or something like this? And how can it change local competition?

P.s. more and more Russian teams are getting in VTB...Enisey already qualified, it looks that very soon Krasnie Krylia will be in the VTB United League, too.
                              I'm on twitter

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information