Page 17 of 23 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast
Results 321 to 340 of 451

Thread: PBA Draft 2012 (possible order and draftees)

  1. #321
    Senior Member donspark47's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    408

    Thumbs up Rain or Shine

    there will be a trade process if JV Casio will be the no.1 pick...the next top 2 picks in the pool are Paul Lee and Marcio Lassiter where ROS not need this players...ROS need a Bigman...so lots of offers here...Jason Ballesteros is not that big as Lee and Lassiter for no. 2 pick...am I right?

  2. #322
    Senior Member donspark47's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    408

    Thumbs up Top rookies

    Top Rookies in the pool...

    1. JV CASIO
    2. PAUL LEE
    3. MARCIO LASSITER
    4. MAC BARACAEL
    5. MARK BARROCA
    6. CHRIS LUTZ
    7. JASON BALLESTEROS
    8. DYLAN ABABOU
    9. REIL CERVANTES
    10. KEN ACIBAR
    11. ALLEIN MALIKSI
    12. ERICK SALAMAT
    13. ARIEL MEPANA
    14. PAMBOY RAYMUNDO
    15. JULIUS PASCULADO
    16. MAGI SISON
    17. GILBERT BULAWAN
    18. JAMES MARTINEZ
    19. BRIAN ILAD
    20. MARK CAGOCO
    21. CHRISTOPHER CONCEPCION


  3. #323
    Senior Member Silent Killer's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Adelaide, South Australia
    Posts
    7,609
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    http://www.interaksyon.com/interaktv...ft-version-1-0

    The 2011 PBA Draft is, at first glance, one of the deepest drafts in years. Teams are guaranteed quality prospects all the way to the early stages of the second round, thanks in large part to the entry of members of the SMART-Gilas Pilipinas national team.

    Despite the talent in the draft, there are, curiously, very few prospects who have the potential to alter the course of a PBA franchise. There is also a steep drop in the talent level once it gets to the latter stages of the second round.

    Version 1.0 of our mock draft takes a look at the best available prospects, and compares their potential — ceiling and floor — with players of yesteryears.

    1. Powerade – Jayvee Casio

    SMART-Gilas coach Rajko Toroman calls Casio one of the best point guards in Asia. While it’s high praise coming from a coach who has taken his team to the Olympics, it has to be taken with a grain of salt considering that Toroman, you know, coaches Casio.

    Here’s what we know: Casio has one of the finest pair of shooting hands we’ve ever seen in the league, and we’ve seen his champion’s heart through all the years he’s been playing in the spotlight, in college and with the national team. Still, questions remain: Will his frail body hold up in the gruelling PBA season? Will he make the same shots without Marcus Douthit setting (borderline illegal) screens for him? Is he just a SMART-Gilas system player?

    Ceiling: Ronnie Magsanoc. It’s tempting to compare Casio to 2011 PBA Most Valuable Player Jimmy Alapag because of their similar outside effectiveness, but the SMART-Gilas hotshot doesn’t quite have the strength and athleticism of the Mighty Mouse. He reminds us more of Ronnie Magsanoc, one of the greatest shooting point guards the PBA has ever seen; like the Point Laureate, Casio relies a lot on guile, smarts, and of course, those golden hands.

    Floor: Ric-Ric Marata. We suspect most readers don’t remember this, so let us jog your memory. In 1988, Ric-Ric Marata was one of the stars of the amateur national basketball team, and gained prominence by winning the three-point shooting contest in the PBA. But he never quite found his place once he entered the pro league, spending most of his career as a backup (to Frankie Lim in Alaska and Al Solis in Swift). But like Casio, boy could he shoot.

    2. Rain or Shine – Paul Lee

    We are, frankly, very excited by the prospect of Paul Lee playing in the balls-to-the-walls style of Rain or Shine coach Yeng Guiao. Some would question whether Lee’s style would fit with Guiao’s system, but that’s bunk; as a coach, the fiery mentor has led teams starring Tony Harris, Nelson Asaytono, Vergel Meneses, Willie Miller, and even Enrico Villanueva to championships. He has coached players with attitudes before, and he has won with players with attitude before. Why should Lee, the most exciting player in the draft, be any different?

    Ceiling: Willie Miller. Lee isn’t quite the athlete that Miller was in college — back in Letran, Willie Thriller used to dunk during games — but the Cobra Commander might actually be more developed at the same age. Like Miller, Lee has the same ability to take — and make — impossible shots. Lee has that unique, tantalizing potential.

    Floor: Bonbon Custodio Basketball nerds who watched the Philippine Basketball League religiously in the late 2000s would back us up on this: Custodio was one of the most exciting, if not the most exciting, player in the amateurs back when he was with Magnolia Purewater. But when he entered the PBA, the former UE guard struggled to find a position as a tweener guard who can’t run the point and was too small to play the two full-time. Sound familiar?

    3. Barako Bull – Marcio Lassiter

    Lassiter is the best talent available, and he fills a need for Barako Bull, especially if the rumored trade of Willie Miller does push through. But given the history of Barako — it’s the same old Air 21 franchise — we wouldn’t be surprised if this pick is shipped. If not now, then later.

    Ceiling: Jeffrey Cariaso. A very, very, very, very good player who was never quite a superstar.

    Floor: Aaron Aban, with better handles

    4. Powerade – Mac Baracael

    Powerade needs help at all positions, and as players in the draft go, Baracael is among those most ready to contribute to a team. His stint with SMART-Gilas did not only prove that he could knock down big shots, but also that he could defend much bigger men. The only downside to his pick is that he’s already 26 years old; Baracael’s a finished product.

    Ceiling: Tony dela Cruz. A knockdown shooter who doubles as a versatile defender who can guard four positions.

    Floor: Norman Gonzales. When you consider that Gonzales has been a solid part of a professional basketball team’s rotation for the past 13 years dating back to his Metropolitan Basketball Association days, you’d realize that this isn’t such a bad floor for Baracael.

    5. Shopinas.com – Mark Barroca

    Shopinas has a bare cupboard, and Franz Pumaren needs help at every spot. So why not Mark Barroca? Pumaren has had his greatest success as a coach when he has a solid floor general leading his team. And even though his stock has dropped a bit because of his SMART-Gilas stint, where he was overshadowed by Casio, people shouldn’t forget just how good Barroca could be when he is given free reign to improvise on the court.

    Ceiling: A smaller Jason Castro

    Floor: Topex Robinson

    6. Alaska – Chris Lutz

    Coach Tim Cone and the Alaska Aces should celebrate if Lutz falls on their lap, because he fills two of their biggest needs: backcourt size and outside shooting. When Cyrus Baguio came down with an injury late last season, Bonbon Custodio and Wesley Gonzales had to masquerade as starting shooting guards to fill his place. Which is why Lutz would be a perfect fit for the Aces.

    Ceiling: Prime Junthy Valenzuela

    Floor: Will Antonio

    7. Talk ‘N Text – Jason Ballesteros

    Because he hardly played with SMART-Gilas, we have no idea just how much — or just how little — Ballesteros has developed. People forget that prior to joining SMART-Gilas, Ballesteros had an excellent season with San Sebastian in the NCAA, leading the league in statistics though failing to win the MVP award because his team did not make the final four.

    If Talk ‘N Text keeps this pick, they might take a flyer on Ballesteros, because the team still needs more ceiling — Ali Peek is the only true center who gets minutes in their rotation.

    Ceiling: Billy Mamaril

    Floor: Gilbert Lao

    8. Petron Blaze- Dylan Ababou

    Like Ballesteros, Ababou has been glued to the SMART-Gilas bench since leaving school, which gives us no idea just how good he has gotten. But we still have fond memories of him putting on his Superman cape to carry the UST Growling Tigers, and we’re hopeful that he’ll be able to translate that into meaningful minutes in the PBA.

    Ceiling: Lordy Tugade

    Floor: Yousif Aljamal

    9. Ginebra - Reil Cervantes

    We had originally thought of pegging a guard at this spot, just to see the reaction of Ginebra fans to the idea of their team taking yet another small guy for their “agency.” But it’s too hard to pass on Reil Cervantes, a burly, if undersized, power forward who has a sweet shooting stroke. Playing with undersized power forwards has worked well for Ginebra this past season, and Cervantes looks like he’ll fit right in.

    Ceiling: Reynel Hugnatan

    Floor: Ricky Calimag

    10. Barako Bull – Ken Acibar

    Ken Acibar might be the most intriguing prospect in the draft. He has talent — he made it to the UAAP’s Mythical Five in his last season with UE — and he’s only 21 years old. But many teams in the PBA have been intrigued by that very combination, only to end up being disappointed.

    Ceiling: Nelbert Omolon when he’s playing very well.

    Floor: Nelbert Omolon when he’s playing very poorly.

    11. Shopinas.com – Allein Maliksi

    Maliksi is the bizarro version of his former UST teammate Dylan Ababou. After leaving college, his profile actually soared in the commercial ranks, as a key contributor to the Philippine Patriots and as the 2011 MVP of the PBA D-League. Did anyone think, watching the pair of Tigers back in 2009, that people would be talking about them as PBA prospects in the same breath?

    Ceiling: Former amateur slam dunk king JC Intal
    Floor: Former amateur slam dunk king Reuben dela Rosa


    12. Talk ‘N Text – Eric Salamat

    Salamat seems like a good fit on Talk ‘N Text, with his basketball IQ and his Ateneo pedigree.

    Ceiling: Wynne Arboleda

    [B]Floor: Mon Jose. The similarities are eerie — a left-handed steals specialist for one of college basketball’s elite programs, who had a hard time finding a position in the pro league?

    13. Alaska – Ariel Mepaña

    Mepaña is a banger from the rough-and-tumble leagues of Cebu, and he impressed Manila-based coaches with his toughness and surprising offensive adeptness in the D-League. He also played for Luigi Trillo at Cebuana Lhuillier, and when you look at Alaska’s history, Trillo’s ex-players have a way of finding themselves on the Aces’ roster.

    [B]Ceiling: Post-knee injury Richard Yee

    Floor: His ceiling is already a post-knee injury Richard Yee. Do we really need to set a floor?

    14. Alaska – Pamboy Raymundo

    Raymundo was a great floor leader with San Sebastian, and was a solid point guard in the D-League. Alaska needs a young backup for LA Tenorio.

    Ceiling: TY Tang

    Floor: Macky Escalona

    15. Alaska – Julius Pasculado

    Instead of typing more words here, why don’t we just post this Julius Pasculado highlight reel, which was uploaded by a YouTube user mysteriously named Julius8783:

    Ceiling: Josh Urbiztondo

    Floor: Rob Johnson

    16. B-MEG – Magi Sison

    The one-time SMART-Gilas member is 6-foot-7, and people who are 6-foot-7 have a knack for finding their way into PBA rosters.

    Ceiling: A smaller, weaker Yancy de Ocampo

    Floor: C’mon, we just called the guy a poor man’s Yancy de Ocampo. At best.


    17. Alaska – Gilbert Bulawan

    Four second round picks for Tim Cone, who is notorious for never playing rookies? We think there’ll be a bunch of trades going down for the Aces.

    As for Bulawan, he’s a tough, physical enforcer (ask San Beda fans) who’ll probably end up getting a look for one of the teams.

    Ceiling: Jerwin Gaco

    Floor: Think of any guy from the PBA in the ’80s who were just in the lineup to start a fight.

    18. Ginebra – James Martinez

    C’mon, Ginebra couldn’t possibly go through a whole draft without taking a point guard, right?

    Which leads us to James Martinez. When we asked insiders what they thought of him as a prospect, the answer we got was: “Jai Reyes is in the PBA, isn’t he?”

    Why, yes. Jai Reyes is in the PBA.

    Ceiling: Jai Reyes

    Floor: Jai Reyes


    19. Barako Bull – Brian Ilad

    Actually, we have no idea if Barako Bull would really draft Brian Ilad. It just gives us an excuse to post this clip:

    Our favorite part of the video? Check out Paul Lee, prior to his Appeton weight gain days.

    Ceiling: Floyd Mayweather

    Floor: Davao City mayor Sarah Duterte

    20. Barako Bull – Mark Cagoco

    Cagoco was an erratic but explosive guard with JRU, but he has been out of the basketball scene for the past year, playing mostly in commercial tournaments in the provinces. But who knows, he might get a look.

    Ceiling: Chico Lanete

    Floor: Boyet Bautista


    21. Talk ‘N Text – Christopher Concepcion

    With a talent-laden roster, we wouldn’t be surprised if Talk ‘N Text passes, or if the team trades the pick. We’ve been hearing good things about Concepcion, who is listed at 142 pounds. We’re pretty sure Ali Peek has had some meals that weighed that much.
    See You In #SPAIN2014

  4. #324
    Senior Member Joe Yabuki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    1,195

    Default

    I think its safe to say that JBall will be better than Billy Mamaril

  5. #325
    Senior Member killmebusy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    2,290

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Silent Killer View Post
    http://www.interaksyon.com/interaktv...ft-version-1-0

    The 2011 PBA Draft is, at first glance, one of the deepest drafts in years. Teams are guaranteed quality prospects all the way to the early stages of the second round, thanks in large part to the entry of members of the SMART-Gilas Pilipinas national team.

    Despite the talent in the draft, there are, curiously, very few prospects who have the potential to alter the course of a PBA franchise. There is also a steep drop in the talent level once it gets to the latter stages of the second round.

    Version 1.0 of our mock draft takes a look at the best available prospects, and compares their potential — ceiling and floor — with players of yesteryears.

    1. Powerade – Jayvee Casio

    SMART-Gilas coach Rajko Toroman calls Casio one of the best point guards in Asia. While it’s high praise coming from a coach who has taken his team to the Olympics, it has to be taken with a grain of salt considering that Toroman, you know, coaches Casio.

    Here’s what we know: Casio has one of the finest pair of shooting hands we’ve ever seen in the league, and we’ve seen his champion’s heart through all the years he’s been playing in the spotlight, in college and with the national team. Still, questions remain: Will his frail body hold up in the gruelling PBA season? Will he make the same shots without Marcus Douthit setting (borderline illegal) screens for him? Is he just a SMART-Gilas system player?

    Ceiling: Ronnie Magsanoc. It’s tempting to compare Casio to 2011 PBA Most Valuable Player Jimmy Alapag because of their similar outside effectiveness, but the SMART-Gilas hotshot doesn’t quite have the strength and athleticism of the Mighty Mouse. He reminds us more of Ronnie Magsanoc, one of the greatest shooting point guards the PBA has ever seen; like the Point Laureate, Casio relies a lot on guile, smarts, and of course, those golden hands.

    Floor: Ric-Ric Marata. We suspect most readers don’t remember this, so let us jog your memory. In 1988, Ric-Ric Marata was one of the stars of the amateur national basketball team, and gained prominence by winning the three-point shooting contest in the PBA. But he never quite found his place once he entered the pro league, spending most of his career as a backup (to Frankie Lim in Alaska and Al Solis in Swift). But like Casio, boy could he shoot.

    2. Rain or Shine – Paul Lee

    We are, frankly, very excited by the prospect of Paul Lee playing in the balls-to-the-walls style of Rain or Shine coach Yeng Guiao. Some would question whether Lee’s style would fit with Guiao’s system, but that’s bunk; as a coach, the fiery mentor has led teams starring Tony Harris, Nelson Asaytono, Vergel Meneses, Willie Miller, and even Enrico Villanueva to championships. He has coached players with attitudes before, and he has won with players with attitude before. Why should Lee, the most exciting player in the draft, be any different?

    Ceiling: Willie Miller. Lee isn’t quite the athlete that Miller was in college — back in Letran, Willie Thriller used to dunk during games — but the Cobra Commander might actually be more developed at the same age. Like Miller, Lee has the same ability to take — and make — impossible shots. Lee has that unique, tantalizing potential.

    Floor: Bonbon Custodio Basketball nerds who watched the Philippine Basketball League religiously in the late 2000s would back us up on this: Custodio was one of the most exciting, if not the most exciting, player in the amateurs back when he was with Magnolia Purewater. But when he entered the PBA, the former UE guard struggled to find a position as a tweener guard who can’t run the point and was too small to play the two full-time. Sound familiar?

    3. Barako Bull – Marcio Lassiter

    Lassiter is the best talent available, and he fills a need for Barako Bull, especially if the rumored trade of Willie Miller does push through. But given the history of Barako — it’s the same old Air 21 franchise — we wouldn’t be surprised if this pick is shipped. If not now, then later.

    Ceiling: Jeffrey Cariaso. A very, very, very, very good player who was never quite a superstar.

    Floor: Aaron Aban, with better handles

    4. Powerade – Mac Baracael

    Powerade needs help at all positions, and as players in the draft go, Baracael is among those most ready to contribute to a team. His stint with SMART-Gilas did not only prove that he could knock down big shots, but also that he could defend much bigger men. The only downside to his pick is that he’s already 26 years old; Baracael’s a finished product.

    Ceiling: Tony dela Cruz. A knockdown shooter who doubles as a versatile defender who can guard four positions.

    Floor: Norman Gonzales. When you consider that Gonzales has been a solid part of a professional basketball team’s rotation for the past 13 years dating back to his Metropolitan Basketball Association days, you’d realize that this isn’t such a bad floor for Baracael.

    5. Shopinas.com – Mark Barroca

    Shopinas has a bare cupboard, and Franz Pumaren needs help at every spot. So why not Mark Barroca? Pumaren has had his greatest success as a coach when he has a solid floor general leading his team. And even though his stock has dropped a bit because of his SMART-Gilas stint, where he was overshadowed by Casio, people shouldn’t forget just how good Barroca could be when he is given free reign to improvise on the court.

    Ceiling: A smaller Jason Castro

    Floor: Topex Robinson

    6. Alaska – Chris Lutz

    Coach Tim Cone and the Alaska Aces should celebrate if Lutz falls on their lap, because he fills two of their biggest needs: backcourt size and outside shooting. When Cyrus Baguio came down with an injury late last season, Bonbon Custodio and Wesley Gonzales had to masquerade as starting shooting guards to fill his place. Which is why Lutz would be a perfect fit for the Aces.

    Ceiling: Prime Junthy Valenzuela

    Floor: Will Antonio

    7. Talk ‘N Text – Jason Ballesteros

    Because he hardly played with SMART-Gilas, we have no idea just how much — or just how little — Ballesteros has developed. People forget that prior to joining SMART-Gilas, Ballesteros had an excellent season with San Sebastian in the NCAA, leading the league in statistics though failing to win the MVP award because his team did not make the final four.

    If Talk ‘N Text keeps this pick, they might take a flyer on Ballesteros, because the team still needs more ceiling — Ali Peek is the only true center who gets minutes in their rotation.

    Ceiling: Billy Mamaril

    Floor: Gilbert Lao

    8. Petron Blaze- Dylan Ababou

    Like Ballesteros, Ababou has been glued to the SMART-Gilas bench since leaving school, which gives us no idea just how good he has gotten. But we still have fond memories of him putting on his Superman cape to carry the UST Growling Tigers, and we’re hopeful that he’ll be able to translate that into meaningful minutes in the PBA.

    Ceiling: Lordy Tugade

    Floor: Yousif Aljamal

    9. Ginebra - Reil Cervantes

    We had originally thought of pegging a guard at this spot, just to see the reaction of Ginebra fans to the idea of their team taking yet another small guy for their “agency.” But it’s too hard to pass on Reil Cervantes, a burly, if undersized, power forward who has a sweet shooting stroke. Playing with undersized power forwards has worked well for Ginebra this past season, and Cervantes looks like he’ll fit right in.

    Ceiling: Reynel Hugnatan

    Floor: Ricky Calimag

    10. Barako Bull – Ken Acibar

    Ken Acibar might be the most intriguing prospect in the draft. He has talent — he made it to the UAAP’s Mythical Five in his last season with UE — and he’s only 21 years old. But many teams in the PBA have been intrigued by that very combination, only to end up being disappointed.

    Ceiling: Nelbert Omolon when he’s playing very well.

    Floor: Nelbert Omolon when he’s playing very poorly.

    11. Shopinas.com – Allein Maliksi

    Maliksi is the bizarro version of his former UST teammate Dylan Ababou. After leaving college, his profile actually soared in the commercial ranks, as a key contributor to the Philippine Patriots and as the 2011 MVP of the PBA D-League. Did anyone think, watching the pair of Tigers back in 2009, that people would be talking about them as PBA prospects in the same breath?

    Ceiling: Former amateur slam dunk king JC Intal
    Floor: Former amateur slam dunk king Reuben dela Rosa


    12. Talk ‘N Text – Eric Salamat

    Salamat seems like a good fit on Talk ‘N Text, with his basketball IQ and his Ateneo pedigree.

    Ceiling: Wynne Arboleda

    [B]Floor: Mon Jose. The similarities are eerie — a left-handed steals specialist for one of college basketball’s elite programs, who had a hard time finding a position in the pro league?

    13. Alaska – Ariel Mepaña

    Mepaña is a banger from the rough-and-tumble leagues of Cebu, and he impressed Manila-based coaches with his toughness and surprising offensive adeptness in the D-League. He also played for Luigi Trillo at Cebuana Lhuillier, and when you look at Alaska’s history, Trillo’s ex-players have a way of finding themselves on the Aces’ roster.

    [B]Ceiling: Post-knee injury Richard Yee

    Floor: His ceiling is already a post-knee injury Richard Yee. Do we really need to set a floor?

    14. Alaska – Pamboy Raymundo

    Raymundo was a great floor leader with San Sebastian, and was a solid point guard in the D-League. Alaska needs a young backup for LA Tenorio.

    Ceiling: TY Tang

    Floor: Macky Escalona

    15. Alaska – Julius Pasculado

    Instead of typing more words here, why don’t we just post this Julius Pasculado highlight reel, which was uploaded by a YouTube user mysteriously named Julius8783:

    Ceiling: Josh Urbiztondo

    Floor: Rob Johnson

    16. B-MEG – Magi Sison

    The one-time SMART-Gilas member is 6-foot-7, and people who are 6-foot-7 have a knack for finding their way into PBA rosters.

    Ceiling: A smaller, weaker Yancy de Ocampo

    Floor: C’mon, we just called the guy a poor man’s Yancy de Ocampo. At best.


    17. Alaska – Gilbert Bulawan

    Four second round picks for Tim Cone, who is notorious for never playing rookies? We think there’ll be a bunch of trades going down for the Aces.

    As for Bulawan, he’s a tough, physical enforcer (ask San Beda fans) who’ll probably end up getting a look for one of the teams.

    Ceiling: Jerwin Gaco

    Floor: Think of any guy from the PBA in the ’80s who were just in the lineup to start a fight.

    18. Ginebra – James Martinez

    C’mon, Ginebra couldn’t possibly go through a whole draft without taking a point guard, right?

    Which leads us to James Martinez. When we asked insiders what they thought of him as a prospect, the answer we got was: “Jai Reyes is in the PBA, isn’t he?”

    Why, yes. Jai Reyes is in the PBA.

    Ceiling: Jai Reyes

    Floor: Jai Reyes


    19. Barako Bull – Brian Ilad

    Actually, we have no idea if Barako Bull would really draft Brian Ilad. It just gives us an excuse to post this clip:

    Our favorite part of the video? Check out Paul Lee, prior to his Appeton weight gain days.

    Ceiling: Floyd Mayweather

    Floor: Davao City mayor Sarah Duterte

    20. Barako Bull – Mark Cagoco

    Cagoco was an erratic but explosive guard with JRU, but he has been out of the basketball scene for the past year, playing mostly in commercial tournaments in the provinces. But who knows, he might get a look.

    Ceiling: Chico Lanete

    Floor: Boyet Bautista


    21. Talk ‘N Text – Christopher Concepcion

    With a talent-laden roster, we wouldn’t be surprised if Talk ‘N Text passes, or if the team trades the pick. We’ve been hearing good things about Concepcion, who is listed at 142 pounds. We’re pretty sure Ali Peek has had some meals that weighed that much.
    loved the humor of the article =)

    but the floors ceilings aren't agreeable.

    reil cervantes has range, something reynel hugnatan never had. barroca also has range, something castro doesn't have...same with acibar and omolon. ababou meanwhile is not as streaky a shooter as tugade, he actually has only so-so three point shooting but knows how to put points on the board in a wider variety of ways. super laugh trip on the brian ilad piece..hahaha

  6. #326

    Default Julius Pasculado's Video

    It's no mystery... Ju himself posted it. He had to make that video because most US based players don't have the luxury of meeting agents in person so they need to make a video of himself. The agents actually asked for it and it yook him months to make it, kinulit na namin sha.

    I know some will say a highlight video is not proof enough so ask your sources how he did sa scrimmage sa Day 1. We are waiting for news about the scrimmage today but his performance yesterday apparently caused so much buzz that Powerade posted his highlight video in FB and admitting he is staying at one of the Powerade owned condos in Manila.

  7. #327
    Senior Member manu_bol's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    3,903

    Default

    ^^
    i kinda agree. i have a good feeling about this kid.

    he's gonna make banchero and that byu guy eat his dust.

    imo, he is the ncaa div 2 version of jeremy lin.
    smart gilas 1.0:
    98-75-3
    smart gilas 2.0:
    35-12-1
    smart gilas 2014:
    10-7-0

  8. #328
    Senior Member Silent Killer's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Adelaide, South Australia
    Posts
    7,609
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by manu_bol View Post
    ^^
    i kinda agree. i have a good feeling about this kid.

    he's gonna make banchero and that byu guy eat his dust.

    imo, he is the ncaa div 2 version of jeremy lin.
    pasculado got game, shooting, passing which is very important in cone's triangle offense. he'll be sleeper in the draft.
    See You In #SPAIN2014

  9. #329
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Qatar
    Posts
    2,013

    Default

    As I posted before, I won't be surprised if Alaska picks Pasculado as their 6th Pick. - - after all his first language I believe is english.
    #parasabayan
    #GoGilas

  10. #330
    Senior Member manu_bol's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    3,903

    Default

    plus they need a backup PG to tenorio.
    smart gilas 1.0:
    98-75-3
    smart gilas 2.0:
    35-12-1
    smart gilas 2014:
    10-7-0

  11. #331
    Senior Member Silent Killer's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Adelaide, South Australia
    Posts
    7,609
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    From Twitter

    snowbadua snow badua
    BARAKO COACH JUNEL BACULI: Kung aabot sa amin, we would want to pick MARCIO LASSITER
    13 minutes ago
    See You In #SPAIN2014

  12. #332
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Qatar
    Posts
    2,013

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by manu_bol View Post
    plus they need a backup PG to tenorio.
    back up and eventual replacement..

    Quote Originally Posted by Silent Killer View Post
    From Twitter

    snowbadua snow badua
    BARAKO COACH JUNEL BACULI: Kung aabot sa amin, we would want to pick MARCIO LASSITER
    13 minutes ago


    snowbadua snow badua
    BARAKO TEAM MANAGER RAFFY CASYAO: We would like to BUILD the team AROUND WILLIE MILLER10 minutes ago
    so that we can trade him to Petron(for Denok), because he and miller plays the same position.. We want to build our team around Willie Miller...
    #parasabayan
    #GoGilas

  13. #333
    Senior Member Silent Killer's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Adelaide, South Australia
    Posts
    7,609
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ricodgame View Post
    back up and eventual replacement..



    so that we can trade him to Petron(for Denok), because he and miller plays the same position.. We want to build our team around Willie Miller...
    Lugi ata haha

    Trans: Lolz
    See You In #SPAIN2014

  14. #334
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Qatar
    Posts
    2,013

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Silent Killer View Post
    Lugi ata haha

    Trans: Lolz
    They will justify it by saying Denok was instrumental in bagging the Governor's cup title. and Petron will add an icing to the cake(their future first round pick - - that eventually(next year) they will get it back by giving another future pick)
    #parasabayan
    #GoGilas

  15. #335
    Senior Member Silent Killer's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Adelaide, South Australia
    Posts
    7,609
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ricodgame View Post
    They will justify it by saying Denok was instrumental in bagging the Governor's cup title. and Petron will add an icing to the cake(their future first round pick - - that eventually(next year) they will get it back by giving another future pick)
    world goes round and round haha
    See You In #SPAIN2014

  16. #336
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Qatar
    Posts
    2,013

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Silent Killer View Post
    world goes round and round haha
    At least the Air 21 are honest(during the trade of the top 3 picks last year). I mean, they don't want to rebuild, because they want to win now(last season). - - Because this season(now) there will be no more Air 21..
    #parasabayan
    #GoGilas

  17. #337
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    233

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ricodgame View Post
    As I posted before, I won't be surprised if Alaska picks Pasculado as their 6th Pick. - - after all his first language I believe is english.
    although his first language is english, gahi ghapon cya ug dila trans: he still speaks bisaya. Go Pascualdo!

  18. #338
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    9,039

    Default

    BMEG is hell bent on getting the 5th for Gallent to pick his boy Barroca


    plus he can play d in the opposing guards just as roger yap yet he can burn the hoop like what PJ simon can do in a team...
    To becomes Asia's Best, we need to compete against the World's Best..

  19. #339
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    9,039

    Default

    we do not need a back up for point guard i have a feeling that Tenorio might leave Aces before the next season ends, he is very good but he can't lead no team without a cornerstone player (Diamon Simpson and Willie Miller)
    To becomes Asia's Best, we need to compete against the World's Best..

  20. #340
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    233

    Default

    MANILA, Philippines - Julias Pascualado scored nine of his 11 points in the third quarter as Barako Bull-Red rallied to beat Rain or Shine-White, 76-72, in the PBA rookie camp at the Ynares Sports Arena in Pasig City last Wednesday.

    Pascualado’s solid game impressed Powerade coach Bo Perasol and Alaska assistant mentor Luigi Trillo.

    “He has the skill. He could be an option,” said Perasol, whose team holds the No. 1 draft rights in Sunday’s Annual Draft at Robinsons Place Manila.

    source: http://www.philstar.com/SportsArticl...Id=69&keyword=

Page 17 of 23 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •