Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PBA Draft 2012 (possible order and draftees)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

not a troll..

well, i may have been a bit pessimistic in my last post but i just said i'm not keeping my hopes up...i didn't say we won't. seriously, can we contened with china or lebanon or iran? mac baracael - a 6'4 guy at best plays reserve pf...with kelly coming into the mix a couple months before wuhan. yes i watched the fiba tournament that was held here, but first of we had home court advantage and second china, japan and korea weren't there. we even only managed to place 4th...to qualify for the olympics i think we need to at least make the finals of the fiba asia. again i'm not saying we won't..i still would like us to but i'm not extremely positive about it. sorry, my opinion may not please everyone but that is how i see it. i mean, come on..they couldn't even beat a small ginebra team...heck they couldn't find a way to stop 6'4 nate brumfield. jianlian and haddadi are just as strong and as physical...and they are 8 inches taller.

Comment

snowbadua snow badua
      PAUL LEE still studying options if he will apply for the PBA DRAFT. A lucrative offer to play for the PHILIPPINE PATRIOTS is also there.
      56 minutes ago
      LABAN KUNG LABAN! KAYA NATIN PILIPINAS!
      Mabuhay ang TEAM PILIPINAS !!!!

NOTHING IS IMPOSSIBLE!
      THE DREAM LIVES ON !!!!

Comment

Originally posted by nardy View Post

snowbadua snow badua
        PAUL LEE still studying options if he will apply for the PBA DRAFT. A lucrative offer to play for the PHILIPPINE PATRIOTS is also there.
        56 minutes ago
        lol what's with this feeling-kobe player? Masyadong businessman...
        Let him do what he wants, he'll not be a loss at all.

Comment

Originally posted by killmebusy View Post
          well, i may have been a bit pessimistic in my last post but i just said i'm not keeping my hopes up...i didn't say we won't. seriously, can we contened with china or lebanon or iran? mac baracael - a 6'4 guy at best plays reserve pf...with kelly coming into the mix a couple months before wuhan. yes i watched the fiba tournament that was held here, but first of we had home court advantage and second china, japan and korea weren't there. we even only managed to place 4th...to qualify for the olympics i think we need to at least make the finals of the fiba asia. again i'm not saying we won't..i still would like us to but i'm not extremely positive about it. sorry, my opinion may not please everyone but that is how i see it. i mean, come on..they couldn't even beat a small ginebra team...heck they couldn't find a way to stop 6'4 nate brumfield. jianlian and haddadi are just as strong and as physical...and they are 8 inches taller.
          dude, hehe you dont believe in Gilas' capability.
          Most of us here are realists,too. We were also viewing our shot at the Olympics as close to impossible,even branding the sbp program of mr eala as too ambitious. The more realistic and really long term goal is the FIBA World Championship, too bad they are planning to demolish the Gilas program.
          This is the best team we have and the best we can have at this moment.
          Dont look at the team composition we're going up against, we have very good team-playing players who understands the game very well.
          We have the PBA players to reinforce us on our weakness which is inside toughness.But too bad they're not really prioritizing our NT.
          And to remind you, the WORLD CHAMPIONHIP BOUND Jordan NT who placed third/4th in Asia cant even blast past against Ginebra bench with a s*cky import-i forgot his name he's from canada. That same Jordan NT went toe to toe against argentina almost able to score an upset. And just a 1 point loss against Australia, with Australia coming off a miracle run to win. Playing against international teams is very different from playing club teams from Philippines.

Hope you dont lose faith in our team,and welcome to this forum.

Comment

Gilas Stalwarts lead PBA Draft

Published : Friday, July 29, 2011 00:00 Article Views : 175 Written by : Zean Macamay

CHRIS Lutz and Marcio Lassiter still have a big commitment left in their careers as national team members.

But the two have already realized that it’s time to make the giant step.

Lutz and Lassiter on Wednesday afternoon became the biggest names to apply this early for the PBA Draft next month, the league’s first huge event for the 2011-12 season that may yet be the richest pool in years.

Eight other players have likewise submitted their intentions to move up into the big stage, namely: Alvin Cabonte (Letran), Mark Cagoco (JRU), Nino Labong, Christopher Pestanio, Raymond Montaniel, Christopher Concepcion and Filimon Fernandez.

There’s no denying, however, that Lutz and Lassiter are bound to be first-round picks.

Lutz and Lassiter will still be a part of the Smart-Gilas quintet when it competes in the Jones Cup next month in Taiwan and in the tough FIBA-Asia Championships in September in China, the qualifying tournament for the Olympic Games in London next year.

The Draft is set on Aug. 28, with the Rookie Camp set on Aug. 23-26.

Unlike other rookies, though, Lutz and Lassiter could obtain special concessions if the PBA Board approves of it.

There are talks that Lutz and Lassiter will be demanding the same pay that they are reportedly getting at Smart-Gilas, which is at P250,000, during their first year in the PBA. The PBA, based on its rules, only gives rookies the maximum amount of P150,000 for the first year.

The team with the No. 1 pick has yet to be decided through a lottery. There are two teams vying for that spot – Powerade, which has never made it to the playoffs this season, and Air21. The loser in the lottery automatically choses No. 2, with Meralco owning the No. 3 pick. The Nos. 4-10 picks will be decided after the semi-finals of the ongoing Governors’ Cup.

Lutz, 22, played for Brewster Academy in the U.S. Lassiter, 20, studied at San Francisco City College.
            LABAN KUNG LABAN! KAYA NATIN PILIPINAS!
            Mabuhay ang TEAM PILIPINAS !!!!

NOTHING IS IMPOSSIBLE!
            THE DREAM LIVES ON !!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Big Ticket View Post
              the 26 year old limit is for those who have not played in the d-league...you can apply for the draft as early as 21 years old as long as you have the necessary college units...
              agree....

Comment

Now I think who has the more money, Is it mvp who is using his luxury tax exempting money or is it Azkals who is using FIFA luxury tax exempting money
                To becomes Asia's Best, we need to compete against the World's Best..
                1 Big 4 small > 5 out offense.

Comment

Originally posted by weward View Post
                  lol what's with this feeling-kobe player? Masyadong businessman...
                  Let him do what he wants, he'll not be a loss at all.
                  he's got all the time to study his options!

well of course it would also depend on the advice of his long haired manager/promoter/financier/bff

Comment

paul lee's potential is ZERO
                    hes already riped!and that sucks!
                    junmar would be next!!!

ide rather have parks or ravena
                    develop their game internationally or in pba rather than being stock to college ball game..
                    sigpic
                    the Future!

Latest NBA Trades
                    NBA Boxscores
                    PBA Updates
                    PBA D-Leagues development
                    Boxing Latest Buzz
                    MMA's Head to Head Match up

Comment

Originally posted by acklium View Post
                      paul lee's potential is ZERO
                      hes already riped!and that sucks!
                      junmar would be next!!!

ide rather have parks or ravena
                      develop their game internationally or in pba rather than being stock to college ball game..
                      good thing about parks and ravena is that they have pretty good coaches training them in the collegiate ranks.

Comment

the thing here is that..
                        a player whos 24 already and still playing college ball
                        will have the less potential to develop his arsenal as he enter the pba or join the national team.

good thing for japeth and greg they were able to be with the national team
                        by the age of 21 or 22..
                        sigpic
                        the Future!

Latest NBA Trades
                        NBA Boxscores
                        PBA Updates
                        PBA D-Leagues development
                        Boxing Latest Buzz
                        MMA's Head to Head Match up

Comment

Originally posted by acklium View Post
                          the thing here is that..
                          a player whos 24 already and still playing college ball
                          will have the less potential to develop his arsenal as he enter the pba or join the national team.

good thing for japeth and greg they were able to be with the national team
                          by the age of 21 or 22..
                          japeth is born in January of 1985

he played with the seniors nt at the age of 24

oh seung keun the guy who having career nos. in Korean NT against our National team made up of Kerby. Asi, Kelly et al. still plays in the Korean Collegiate league as of last season

thats why our college teams cannot brag they are the best in Asia because of this Korean Universities

Comment

Who would you rather choose in the draft. Marcio Lassiter or Chris Lutz?

Comment

Originally posted by Zero View Post
                              Who would you rather choose in the draft. Marcio Lassiter or Chris Lutz?

both are not top pick materials.......

but Marcio is one hell of a player

while Chris would be one solid of a player..

teams would draft them would be winners but it should be the right teams

Comment

Originally posted by nardy View Post

snowbadua snow badua
                                56 minutes ago
                                studying options? play for patriots instead. a marlou aquino junior?
                                Philippine Malditas to FIFA Womens World Cup 2023

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information