Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PBA Draft 2012 (possible order and draftees)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Silent Killer View Post
    ah since the gilas boys might not change their mind(hope they will) i'll make my mock draft for this year

1. Powerade - I'll go for Casio here. for one they need PG 1st and get the best possible player with this deep draft. if they pick Lee then he'll fight his minutes over the franchise player gary david.

2. Rain Or Shine - Jason Ballesteros. they need more interior defender and needs another post offense. Jason is a good rebounder as well. If they pick lee he'll fight his minutes over arana, buenafe.

3. Air21 - Mac Baracael. They need a combo forward to replace aging Seigle.

4. Powerade - Magi Sison. laugh at this guys. Magi played with junior powerade in D-League and was a bench warmer for gilas. training abroad helps him develop his game. Good to replace the aging dennis espino.

5. Shopinas- Paul Lee. Need a scorer for this team. Paul lee is a willing passer. In this team he's a star. So the team must surround talents with this team around paul lee.

6. Alaska - Marcio Lassiter. tough choice for alaska with this pick. Since larry fonacier traded to TNT they lost a spot up shooter. With lassiter cone gets a tough defender, shooter and a slasher. He might remind lassiter to cariaso.

7. BGK - Reil Cervantes. This guy is a hard worker for FEU. Since BGK is in dire in need of Big man and the frontcourt is aging, reil is a perfect fit for them.

8. Petron - They'll probably trade this pick. They're loaded in every position.

9. TNT - Mark Barroca. They need an emergency back up PG and barroca is the guy. With barroca tandem with Castro, it will bring speed to the back court.

10. Air21 - Dylan Ababou. They also need a scorer and that's they'll get in Dylan Ababou.
    Bro I think you forgot LUTZ?
    MR. T. --->>> PACLAND

Comment

• Originally posted by nardong_putik View Post
      I think he has no plans of drafting Lutz at all. That's why he didn't include him in his list.

Comment

• Originally posted by nardong_putik View Post
        i just base on what the needs of the team. he might land at 2nd round.
        Philippine Malditas to FIFA Womens World Cup 2023

sigpic

Comment

• my mock draft for 1st rounf (if all Gilas players will not pullout):

1. Powerade- JV Casio
          2. Rain or Shine- Marcio Lassiter
          3. Air21- Chris Lutz
          4. Powerade- Mac Baracael
          5. Shopinas- Paul Lee
          6. Alaska- Mark Barroca
          7. Ginebra- Jason Ballesteros
          8. Petron- Dylan Ababou
          9. TNT- Allein Maliksi
          10. Air21- Reil Cervantes

Comment

• i ask gabe in twitter on who among the rookies would he love to play with and here's his answer.

GNorwood5 Gabe Norwood
            @Komiks12 any of them. JV, Paul Lee, Lutz, Marcio, Baracael and all the Gilas guys are going to have impacts. Dylan is a sleeper pick too.

sigpic

Comment

• 1. Powerade- JV Casio - no brainer
              2. Rain or Shine- Jason Ballesteros - Yeng Guiao type of Player
              3. Barako Bulls- Marcio Lassiter - if he's available, no brainer
              4. Powerade- Chris Lutz - same as above
              5. Shopinas- Paul Lee - need a face for the franchisE
              6. Alaska- Eric Salamat - Tim's kind of player
              7. Ginebra- Magi Sison - Needs a Big Man
              8. Petron- Ken Acibar - best available talent(so that no one can use him )
              9. TNT- Mac Baracael - Hello Again.
              10. Barako Bull- Mark Barroca - Best available talent
              #parasabayan
              #GoGilas

Comment

• Originally posted by donno View Post
                my mock draft for 1st rounf (if all Gilas players will not pullout):

1. Powerade- JV Casio
                3. Air21- Chris Lutz
                5. Shopinas- Paul Lee
                6. Alaska- Mark Barroca
                8. Petron- Dylan Ababou
                9. TNT- Allein Maliksi
                I read somewhere that coach Yeng has expressed interest in Marcio(which is expected since Marcio fits the Guiao model very well) on another note, Powerade has already declared their interest in Casio.

Anyhow, here are some of my fearless projections in this batch:
                Sleepers:
                Allein Maliksi
                Reil Cervantes(Ive come to realized that guys that are big(or can play the 4 or 5) that work hard and play hard prosper in this league, just ask Willie Wilson)

JBall will have a better career than 60% of his teammates in Gilas

Lee will have the most success in this batch.(sorry Jayvee, youre still a great player though)

I dont really have high hopes for the guys at the 2nd round(cept for a few like Acibar... and maybe... maybe... Sison)

Comment

• http://http://sports.inquirer.net/12...%E2%80%93salud

Lenient players’ swap on PBA Draft Day–Salud
                  By Musong R. Castillo
                  Philippine Daily Inquirer
                  11:12 pm | Sunday, August 21st, 2011
                  2 share3 1

MANILA—Unless commissioner Chito Salud sees it as blatantly one-sided, trading will be quite lenient come Philippine Basketball Association Draft Day on Sunday.

Known for being strict in player swaps, Salud said that any trade on Draft Day which will include picks in the proceedings will automatically be approved.

“We cannot conduct the normal review process on trades due to time constraints,” Salud explained. “So any trade that involves a Draft right is approved unless it is grossly lopsided.”

There are several big names that could be included in the Draft, including Smart Gilas stalwarts JV Casio, Chris Lutz and Marcio Lassiter and former PBL MVP and UAAP Mythical team member Paul Lee.

Lee is probably the best talent in the pool not belonging to the Smart Gilas national program and he is expected to be picked high in the proceedings, if not first overall.

Powerade owns the first and fourth choices overall, and coach Bo Perasol told the Inquirer on Friday that they are seriously looking at Casio should the former La Salle ace in the UAAP decide to proceed with his pro aspirations.

The Tigers also own the 11th and 12th overall choices, making Perasol confident of being able to rebuild and change the fortunes of his squad. Powerade did not make it past the eliminations in all three tournaments this season.[/B]

Undecided
                  As of now, PBA teams—especially Powerade—have yet to make up their minds since the Smart Gilas players are still undecided on whether to go through with their applications as the national program has reportedly asked its mainstays for two more years.

Aspirants have until Friday to decide, otherwise their names will be included in the Draft.

If they withdraw after that, serious penalties could be meted out by the PBA, including a lifetime ban.

Under Salud, several trades have been thumbed down this season, including the celebrated deal that should have sent Rabeh Al-Hussaini and Nonoy Baclao to Air21 from San Miguel.

San Miguel, now Petron, had only wanted to give up Danny Seigle, Dorian Peña and Sunday Salvacion for the two rookies. But Salud turned it down and asked the Beermen to revise the deal and sweeten it for the Express.

Air21 thus acquired Seigle, Peña and Dondon Hontiveros in a new pact that was approved right away by the commissioner’s office.

Barocca, Baracael
                  Incidentally, former Far Eastern superstars Mark Barroca and Mac Baracael, also from Smart Gilas, have stressed that they are definitely turning pro after the Fiba-Asia men’s championship in Wuhan, China in September.

With their decisions, Barroca and Baracael will surely be picked high in the first round of the Draft scheduled at the Robinsons Place in Ermita.

“They say they have served the national team enough, and they’re not young anymore,” said Ed Ponceja, agent/manager of both players.

Casio will still play for PH

Casio, on the other hand, said that he is definitely turning professional but has declared himself available anytime national duty calls.

“I’m grateful for my stint with the national team as it helped improve my game,” said Casio.

“I’m also for unity among Samahang Basketbol ng Pilipinas, Smart Gilas and the PBA in forming the best team for international competitions. So anytime, my services will be needed, I’ll always be very willing to join them,” Casio added.

so i go with the mock draft for the 2 picks in the 2nd round

11. Powerade - Chris Lutz. scorer and defender.

12. Powerade - Allein Maliksi. need added forward for the team.

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by donno View Post
                    my mock draft for 1st rounf (if all Gilas players will not pullout):

1. Powerade- JV Casio
                    3. Air21- Chris Lutz
                    5. Shopinas- Paul Lee
                    6. Alaska- Mark Barroca
                    8. Petron- Dylan Ababou
                    9. TNT- Allein Maliksi
                    Same top 10 players as mine. Nice
                    “You don’t have to be a fantastic hero to do certain things – to compete. You can be just an ordinary chap, sufficiently motivated.” - Sir Edmund Hillary

Comment

• Originally posted by Joe Yabuki View Post
                      I read somewhere that coach Yeng has expressed interest in Marcio(which is expected since Marcio fits the Guiao model very well) on another note, Powerade has already declared their interest in Casio.
                      Moreover, i really think Yeng is the only coach who'd want to Go Big for his backcourt (we saw this last conference) putting Gabe at point, Buenafe at 2/3 and Ybanez at 2/3 most times (Jazul can be considered a "big guard" as well as he's not really a natural point) So yeah i agree with you that Lassiter could be that guy that completes that Big rotation in their back court. Also, they might just have their Plan B in Dylan Ababou who's a very versatile 2/3 guy himself.
                      If there is no basketball in heaven, i am NOT going.

SMALLBALL, bitches..

Comment

• Re-post

Originally posted by potz05 View Post
                        Mock Draft (with top 3 notable Gilas Players; Casio, Lassiter and Lutz)
                        *This is my opinion regarding the upcoming draft. Hope I made some curious minds rolling.*

1. Powerade - JV Casio - it was pretty evident that with Chris Tiu out of the draft this team needs some stability in back court. Players like Celino Cruz and Chico Lanete won't do it. Casio has shown that he can blend well within a system plus the fact that he doesn't need to score much in this team, just ask Gary David and Marc Macapagal.

2. Rain or Shine - Marcio Lassiter - getting the best available talent in the draft pool isn't so bad at all. Marcio will be a good compliment with Gabe Norwood and Ranjay Buenafe if ever they'll play together though the unpredictability of Coach Yeng Guiao might be the tiny bit of a problem as he may log fewer minutes than he wants too.

3. Air21 - Chris Lutz - still get the best available talent. Lutz game can compliment Willie Miller's game and with DH's contract not yet transacted it's safe to draft Chris Lutz in which just like Hontiveros plays both offense and defense well.

4. Powerade - Allein Maliksi - Why not Paul Lee? Well in my opinion, they are stacked with scorers and putting up another ball hog and a guard at that (with Casio, Lanete, Cruz, Reyes, Macapagal and David) will just make this team a Ginebra look-a-like. I think it's time to address the need this time around and that is what makes Maliksi valuable (I even prefer him than Baracael). He can play 3 and 4 spot as well as 2 if ever. Bank the MVP of the D-League in his resume.

5. Shopinas - Paul Lee - There you go, in a rebuilding team like Shopinas they need a go to guy and I think that fits Paul Lee's bill. Not much to say because we all know he can be the face of this franchise.

6. Alaska - Mac Baracael - I'm really kind of skeptic on this one as to which problem should be addressed for coach Tim Cone's team, that spotty back-up PG for Tenorio or that shallow 2 and 3 spot. But having a Baracael at 2 or 3 is a total upgrade for the Aces filling in the place of Wesley Gonzales. Baracael has proven that he can blend well within a system, let's just hope that if ever he was picked by Alaska he wouldn't warm up the benches.

7. Petron/Ginebra - Dylan Ababou - Jason Ballesteros - Dylan Ababou on Petron and Jason Ballesteros on Ginebra. Addressing the needs of the team Ababou and Ballesteros will fill the void of what is needed. Petron needs to have an SG that can shoot the lights out again just like when Hontiveros was with the team and that's why Ababou will fit well (Sorry Pamboy). While Ballesteros -I think- is the most coveted big man in the draft. Ginebra really needs to have a big man as Eric Menk is really aging and even though there are rumors of another Rudy Hatfield comeback a Ballesteros-Ginebra draft is the wises move of all.

8. Petron/Ginebra - Dylan Ababou - Jason Ballesteros - Dylan Ababou on Petron and Jason Ballesteros on Ginebra. Addressing the needs of the team Ababou and Ballesteros will fill the void of what is needed. Petron needs to have an SG that can shoot the lights out again just like when Hontiveros was with the team and that's why Ababou will fit well (Sorry Pamboy). While Ballesteros -I think- is the most coveted big man in the draft. Ginebra really needs to have a big man as Eric Menk is really aging and even though there are rumors of another Rudy Hatfield comeback a Ballesteros-Ginebra draft is the wises move of all.

9. Talk n Text - Riel Cervantes - I'm also a bit skeptic on this one as to whether they'll try to get Mark Barroca (for loyalty purposes) or Magi Sison (they really need some height) but I still go with Reil Cervantes as he is a Ranidel de Ocampo prototype though not known to be a shooter outside but a bruiser inside. He will be a pretty good compliment to every big men in TnT's roster and give Gilbert Lao a run for his money.

10. Air21 - Mark Barroca - with Urbistondo's free agency they now need a point guard. He can either score or facilitate. It's better late than never for Barroca as he can do a good job playing alongside Lutz (if ever he'll stay in the draft) and Willie Miller.

11-20
                        -Eric Salamat
                        -Pamboy Raymundo
                        -Magi Sison
                        -Gilbert Bulawan
                        -Ariel Mepana
                        -James Martinez
                        *though I think there will be teams that will forfeit their draft pick.

Mock Draft (w/o the 3 notable Gilas)

1. Powerade - Paul Lee - Get the best player in the draft?.

2. Rain or Shine - Mac Baracael - He will be able to give Yeng Guiao a formidable SF who can shoot (Sorry Gabe) so that Norwood can either play PG if a Norwood-Buenafe-Baracael tandem is on the floor or SG if a Tang-Norwoord Baracaelis in. Nevertheless, Baracael is a versatile player like Norwood.

3. Air21 - Allein Maliksi - The need for a scoring 3 for the Air21 franchise is inevitable as for the exit of Hontiveros (if ever), if not he can slide and play the 4 spot if needed.

4. Powerade - Mark Barroca - They need a PG that can deliver the goods and he will be a shoo in for that if Casio will pull out. I just hope he can pacify his three scorers (Paul Lee, Mark Macapagal and Gary David) or else it's going to be all one-on-one plays.

5. Shopinas - Dylan Ababou - He will be able to rekindle his go-to-guy days in UST as this rebuilding team can make him the face of the franchise.

6. Alaska - Eric Salamat - It was said a long time ago that Coach Tim Cone likes how Eric Salamat plays. Though I hope that he could well adjust himself playing the triangle and form a formidable trio with Tenorio and Baguio.

7. Petron/Ginebra - Pamboy Raymundo (Petron) Jason Ballesteros (Ginebra) - Pamboy Raymundo knows and excels in Coach Ato's system and with some tinkering in Petron's line-up either they'll get the SG they needed via trade or via Free agency (welcome back DH?) As for Ballesteros? Hahaha you know already.

8. Petron/Ginebra - Pamboy Raymundo (Petron) Jason Ballesteros (Ginebra) - Pamboy Raymundo knows and excels in Coach Ato's system and with some tinkering in Petron's line-up either they'll get the SG they needed via trade or via Free agency (welcome back DH?). As for Ballesteros? Hahaha you know already.

9. Talk n Text - Reil Cervantes - Either trade this draft pick for future draft pick or get Reil Cervantes and play for the future as Ali Peek is over his peak.

10. Air21 - Magi Sison - Need a big man who can score and defend. Though there's still some learning to do Magi Sison will be a big help in the big man problems of Air21 and with Allein Maliksi they can form the future of this franchise or the future tradeable duo.
                        Just putting it p again sorry guys.
                        “You don’t have to be a fantastic hero to do certain things – to compete. You can be just an ordinary chap, sufficiently motivated.” - Sir Edmund Hillary

Comment

• powerade - casio; if he will withdraw then i think they will go for lee or lassiter

ros - if lassiter is available then he will end up here.

air21 - it depends on what team they want to trade this pick

powerade - if they want to rebuild then they need to pick younger players i think lutz will be the right pick here. they can trade there second round picks for a late 1st round pick for sison or jball. they dont need a forward.

Comment

• my point of view
                            Based on needs of the team and availability

1 POWERADE - JV CASIO
                            2 RAIN ORSHINE - JASON BALLESTEROS
                            3 AIR 21 - MARCIO LASSITER
                            4 POWERADE - MAC BARACAEL
                            5 SHOPINAS - PAUL LEE
                            6 ALASKA - MARK BARROCA
                            7 GINEBRA - CHRIS LUTZ
                            8 PETRON - DYLAN ABABOU
                            9 TALK N TEXT - ALEIN MALIKSI
                            10 AIR 21 - PAMBOY RAYMUNDO

Comment

• Originally posted by KevinDurant View Post
                              I do believe that ROS and Coach Guiao would pick Jason Ballesteros at no. 2. They are full at the wings. They need inside presence.
                              on the contrary, they are also loaded up front...rodriguez, kramer, matias, belga, cruz. they need a pg...they only have tang and jazul and if one of them goes down they use araña or buenafe at point...not good. i think barocca will be picked at 2...

Comment

• Originally posted by reamily View Post
                                I will draft Paul Lee ahead of Jayvee imo... even with Andy imo

but with Dylan i would think thrice
                                dylan and alaska are a hand and glove fit...

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information