Page 1 of 23 12311 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 451

Thread: PBA Draft 2012 (possible order and draftees)

  1. #1

    Default PBA Draft 2012 (possible order and draftees)

    Anyone knows the possible draft order and their possible picks for the incoming draft?

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    4,972

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ischmemia View Post
    Anyone knows the possible draft order and their possible picks for the incoming draft?
    draft order of the 2012 Annual Draft? the 2011-12 season has'nt even started.....draft order is based on the previous season's team standings....

  3. #3
    Senior Member lovejones's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    QC
    Posts
    1,550

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Big Ticket View Post
    draft order of the 2012 Annual Draft? the 2011-12 season has'nt even started.....draft order is based on the previous season's team standings....
    i know it's confusing but the 2012 annual draft is actually this year's draft.

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    346

    Default

    2011 draft will be next month i think.. 2011draft for season 2011-12

  5. #5
    Senior Member Cryotek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Pryssmos
    Posts
    1,143

    Default

    One thing I'm sure, the rights of Air21's 2012 1st round pick was actually for Bmeg!
    So if they have another losing record next season...Bmeg might get the no.1 pick..
    Not only does God play dice, but sometimes he throws the dice where we canít see them.

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    1,818

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cryotek View Post
    One thing I'm sure, the rights of Air21's 2012 1st round pick was actually for Bmeg!
    So if they have another losing record next season...Bmeg might get the no.1 pick..
    really? too bad, blake griffin (a 0.00000000000000000000001% Pinoy, lol) is already playing in the nba. hahaha
    and parks is still in the collge.

  7. #7
    Senior Member Cryotek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Pryssmos
    Posts
    1,143

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by capitantiago View Post
    really? too bad, blake griffin (a 0.00000000000000000000001% Pinoy, lol) is already playing in the nba. hahaha
    and parks is still in the collge.
    hehehe...some of the Gilas boys might join this rookie draft!
    Not only does God play dice, but sometimes he throws the dice where we canít see them.

  8. #8
    Senior Member fordmo47's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    294

    Default

    Paul Lee is definitely a candidate to be a first round pick.

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    1,818

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cryotek View Post
    hehehe...some of the Gilas boys might join this rookie draft!
    OT:

    In my book, this is BMEG's depth chart:

    PG: Roger Yap, Jonas Villanueva
    SG: James Yap, PJ Simon
    SF: Kerby Raymundo, Joe Devance
    PF: Marc Pingris, Rico Maierhofer
    C: Rafi Reavis, Don Allado or Rommel Adducul

    on the verge: Jonathan Fernandez, Josh Urbiztondo, Allado, Adducul, Gaco, Escobal

    come next season, if they are all healthy and injury-free, they will contend for the championship even if they will not be able to add a blue-chip rookie.

  10. #10
    Senior Member Cryotek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Pryssmos
    Posts
    1,143

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by capitantiago View Post
    OT:

    In my book, this is BMEG's depth chart:

    PG: Roger Yap, Jonas Villanueva
    SG: James Yap, PJ Simon
    SF: Kerby Raymundo, Joe Devance
    PF: Marc Pingris, Rico Maierhofer
    C: Rafi Reavis, Don Allado or Rommel Adducul

    on the verge: Jonathan Fernandez, Josh Urbiztondo, Allado, Adducul, Gaco, Escobal

    come next season, if they are all healthy and injury-free, they will contend for the championship even if they will not be able to add a blue-chip rookie.
    Escobal was already waived by the team now...
    Not only does God play dice, but sometimes he throws the dice where we canít see them.

  11. #11
    Senior Member nardy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    17,265

    Default

    snow badua (@snowbadua)

    Posted Thursday 28th July 2011 from Twitlonger




    EARLY DRAFT BIRDS. (Thanks to MS HAZEL ANCHETA, NOLI CORTEZ & PBA PRESS CORPS PRESIDENT TITO TALAO)

    Pilipinas Smart-Gilas stalwarts Marcio Lassiter and Chris Lutz lead the first 10 applicants to the 2011 PBA Rookie Draft even as the PBA Commissionerís Office has set August 18, 2011 as the deadline for both homegrown and Fil-foreign players to submit their application and other requirements.

    Lassiter and Lutz are key players on the Rajko Toroman-mentored national squad which will compete in the FIBA-Asia menís championship in Wuhan, China this September where the winner secures a spot in the 2012 London Olympics.

    These two players are expected to go high in the Draft. Contesting the No. 1 overall pick in the Draft lottery to be held during the Governorsí Cup Finals are the Powerade Tigers and Air21 Express.

    So far, 10 players have applied for the 2011 PBA Rookie Draft which will be held on August 28 at Robinsonís Place Manila. The other rookie hopefuls are Nino Nabong, Christopher Pestano, Raymond Montaniel, Marc Cagoco, Alvyn Cabonce, Christopher Concepcion, Felimon Fernandez and Marvin Graebel.

    The move to have a common deadline gives Fil-foreign applicants, who had to apply by July 29 in the original timetable, three weeks more to complete their requirements.

    For this yearís Rookie Draft, however, only Fil-foreign players who have played for the Philippine menís basketball team and are over the PBA D-League age limit of 26 years old will be allowed to join.

    The papers of all the applicants will still have to go through an evaluation process before the Commissionerís Office comes out with the final list of candidates who will then have to attend the Rookie Camp on August 23 to 26.

    http://tl.gd/c0imu3
    LABAN KUNG LABAN! KAYA NATIN PILIPINAS!
    Mabuhay ang TEAM PILIPINAS !!!!


    NOTHING IS IMPOSSIBLE!
    THE DREAM LIVES ON !!!!


  12. #12
    Senior Member acklium's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    1,445

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nardy View Post
    snow badua (@snowbadua)

    Posted Thursday 28th July 2011 from Twitlonger




    EARLY DRAFT BIRDS. (Thanks to MS HAZEL ANCHETA, NOLI CORTEZ & PBA PRESS CORPS PRESIDENT TITO TALAO)

    Pilipinas Smart-Gilas stalwarts Marcio Lassiter and Chris Lutz lead the first 10 applicants to the 2011 PBA Rookie Draft even as the PBA Commissionerís Office has set August 18, 2011 as the deadline for both homegrown and Fil-foreign players to submit their application and other requirements.

    Lassiter and Lutz are key players on the Rajko Toroman-mentored national squad which will compete in the FIBA-Asia menís championship in Wuhan, China this September where the winner secures a spot in the 2012 London Olympics.

    These two players are expected to go high in the Draft. Contesting the No. 1 overall pick in the Draft lottery to be held during the Governorsí Cup Finals are the Powerade Tigers and Air21 Express.

    So far, 10 players have applied for the 2011 PBA Rookie Draft which will be held on August 28 at Robinsonís Place Manila. The other rookie hopefuls are Nino Nabong, Christopher Pestano, Raymond Montaniel, Marc Cagoco, Alvyn Cabonce, Christopher Concepcion, Felimon Fernandez and Marvin Graebel.

    The move to have a common deadline gives Fil-foreign applicants, who had to apply by July 29 in the original timetable, three weeks more to complete their requirements.

    For this yearís Rookie Draft, however, only Fil-foreign players who have played for the Philippine menís basketball team and are over the PBA D-League age limit of 26 years old will be allowed to join.

    The papers of all the applicants will still have to go through an evaluation process before the Commissionerís Office comes out with the final list of candidates who will then have to attend the Rookie Camp on August 23 to 26.

    http://tl.gd/c0imu3
    that is one of the main reason why we are having a hard time to develop young cagers..
    they are already ripe once they reach the pba..
    nothing to develop nothing to reshape..

  13. #13
    Senior Member jundakki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    466

    Default Lassiter, Lutz apply for PBA Draft, what will happen to their stints in Smart Gilas?

    In one news item published in Philippine Star (http://www.philstar.com/SportsArticl...Id=69&keyword=), it says Lassiter and Lutz head applicants for PBA Rookie Draft. So what will happen if they get drafted by PBA teams? Will they leave Smart Gilas?

  14. #14

    Default

    i dont see any problem with that considering that the PBA season usually kicks off in October which is after their Wuhan stint.
    ____________________________________________
    time to focus on my own battles.

  15. #15
    Senior Member ariel_muhlach's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    1,309

    Default

    it depends with their Agents and what's written in their contracts.

    But if they get drafted they are then under the jurisdiction of the PBA and that means PBA Board approval is needed before they could play for the National Team.

    It is more likely that the PBA might allow them to suit up with Gilas until the Wuhan tournament is over then that's it for them.
    If you cannot amaze people with your intelligence, confuse them with your stupidity.


  16. #16

    Default

    PBA Teams will ride on their coattails for sure and let them play for the flag until wuhan is over. these guys will not only represent ph but also their products.free exposure!
    ____________________________________________
    time to focus on my own battles.

  17. #17
    Senior Member jundakki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    466

    Default

    I thought Smart Gilas players are being given handsome pays, why would they still consider playing for PBA?

  18. #18
    Senior Member gaLj's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    PHaiLippines
    Posts
    368

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jundakki View Post
    I thought Smart Gilas players are being given handsome pays, why would they still consider playing for PBA?
    Maybe, they're not of Gilas future plans or worst case scenario the program is coming to an end.

  19. #19

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jundakki View Post
    I thought Smart Gilas players are being given handsome pays, why would they still consider playing for PBA?
    heard MVP lost a big amount of money which is still unaccounted for with this program. There is no indication that SMART would be renewing the players' contracts or if the GILAS program will continue or if a new program would be set-up.

    Then their contracts only amount to what is given to PBA Rookies.

    In the PBA even if there is supposed to be a Salary Cap, the teams are known to give under the table 2nd contracts to its player thus evading the BIR. This was revealed by Rene Hawkins and Jayvee Gayoso when other teams does not want to honor the 2nd contract Tanduay gave them. Then there is the money they could earn from the Gambling Syndicates.

  20. #20

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gaLj View Post
    Maybe, they're not of Gilas future plans or worst case scenario the program is coming to an end.
    this explains it .....

    Originally Posted by namamangha
    This tournament proved that Toroman is the reason why the Gilas Pilipinas program failed.

    He gave in to all the changes that the sponsor dictated, including, but not limited to, allowing PBA players to become part of the program at the last minute. PBA players playing headless chickens because they are not familiar with Toroman's system.

    Disgust and confusion reigns within the team. More than half of the team unused.

    The team you all just saw play are heroes. They played for the country, in spite of all these.

    Originally Posted by namamangha
    His contract expires on September. But so does the rest of the boys'.

    Wala ng Gilas after September.

Page 1 of 23 12311 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •