No announcement yet.

Greek A1 2011-12 news and scores

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

77-76 is an easy win? With Oly making impossible shots all game long? You obviously know a lot about basketball.

Comment

OLY great and with some luck during 30 minutes, PAO bad (Diamantidis/Batiste connection), poor shooting, no rotations.
      Ivkovic makes a good work with all his kids (Sloukas, Mantzaris, Papanikolaou) and he manages to use Dorsey as a basket ball player (playing very very simple but hard).
      Printezis plays this season like he did before going to Malaga.

OLY plays with a lot of heart and agressivity and shoots well.

PAO was blocked for the p'n'roll and was so slow... Diamantidis forced a lot and took the time to change his plan and shot some mid range jumper.

I don't understand why Obradovic keeps playing with the same players during 30'minutes (at the end of the 3rd quarter, DD has played 27, Batiste and Sato 25 and Kaima 24 if I'm not wrong).

Then, Vougioukas kicks the red "big" guys (Hines), and Obradovic plays with 1 big (Vougiou) and 4 small players (Calathes, Saras, Sato and Perpe)... Maybe OLY (with his inexperience) was thinking to the win too early... we can also say that PAO got some great calls (especially Batiste)... and the momentum changed.

OLY missing the free throws, Perperoglou killed the game for PAO after taking a stupid (because missed ) 3pts shot too early... the score was 68-63...
      After that, OLY continues to give his best in order to let all the people watching a thriller...

The last shot of Batiste is magnificient but just for 2pts... Diamantidis pissing around with the ball...

PAO shows his behaviour with the help of Olympiakos.
      The team continues to have some high and some down plays...
      Saras is a big question mark : being awful then shooting a big 3pts shots, finding Vougioukas on p'n'roll then ruining PAO's come back with his usual "techincal foul"...

Btw, the Calathes/Saras combo is not performing well.... Nick is not in a good shape as it seems, Saras is a big hole in defense and has a lot of turnovers...

I hope Obradovic waits until the 1/4 final (if PAO manages to qualify) to play with Calathes and DD.

And where is Pat Calathes ?
      Is he injured or I missed something ?
      Sato plays more time as SG, so instead of Kyristis, he could be in the squad. And he could be new creative option in attack which is poor when DD has some problems.
      I think that now we should wait next year but what about a D.D - Sato - Calathes' trio ?

Congrats to Olympiakos, it was a strange game but the final was very good.
      Their roster now, with Papadopoulos return, his nice. The youngs got playing time. Spanoulis is the leader, Gecevicius can score in few minutes, Antic (since he stops just shooting from 6.75m) and Print' are good alternatives. Dorsey/Hines/Big Papa is a balance trio.
      I hope they reach the 1/4 final.
      That should be great.
      And maybe Keselj could be the next happy thing for the end of season.

Comment

Congrats to all 15 players of Olympiakos, they were great.

Comment

Originally posted by KWSN-Men View Post
          Congrats to all 15 players of Olympiakos, they were great.
          hahaha its hilarious when a fan of greens talks about referees...especially,when in the last and most important quarter they were clearly favoured.
          the first referee of the match(Tomy) btw has admitted that he is a Pao fan and he was caught to wear the Pao's training suit once.
          the more you cry,the more i enjoy your clear defeat.

Comment

Enjoy it while you can, because the playoffs are coming

The most enjoyable moment of the game was when the entire SEF shitted their pants after Batiste's shot.

Comment

Originally posted by Tap View Post
              hahaha its hilarious when a fan of greens talks about referees...especially,when in the last and most important quarter they were clearly favoured.
              the first referee of the match(Tomy) btw has admitted that he is a Pao fan and he was caught to wear the Pao's training suit once.
              the more you cry,the more i enjoy your clear defeat.
              It seems the suitcases with the money have found their targets.

PS: I wouldn't expect an Olympiakos fan to be able to tell a Celtics and a PAO uniform apart.

Comment

Olympiakos' president (the one that left this summer) reminds us of the cups won by each team in the last 10 years.

859599f341qf34f.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by KWSN-Men View Post
                  Olympiakos' president (the one that left this summer) reminds us of the cups won by each team in the last 10 years.
                  last 10 or 20 years?
                  "Heja, heja Cibosi, hrabri kao vukovi,

heja, heja cibosi, vodite nas k pobjedi. "

Comment

Originally posted by Picek View Post
                    last 10 or 20 years?
                    Panathinaikos
                    Euroleague: 2007, 2009, 2011 (3)
                    A1: 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011 (9)
                    Greek Cup: 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009 (6)
                    Total: 18

Olympiakos
                    Euroleague: Nothing
                    A1: Nothing
                    Greek Cup: 2010, 2011
                    Total: 2

They DO have banners on their arena's roof for F4 participation though.. LOL

Comment

My Youtube channel

Comment

Are the playoffs earlier this year because of the pre- Olympic tournament?

Comment

Originally posted by Jazz View Post
                          Are the playoffs earlier this year because of the pre- Olympic tournament?
                          Yes, in Lithuania and Russia it's the same

Comment

I don't know what the hooligans are trying to prove with such cowardly acts
                            I know quite a lot of things happened in Istanbul between both Panathinaikos and Olympiakos fans but attacking players is indeed pathetic..

What's funny is that on Thursday evening the weather was rainy here in Athens and the only waterproof jacket I had at home was a Panathinaikos one so I wore it and went out (even though a few Greek friends of mine had previously told me that it's not advisable to do so) ... I also hadn't known what had happened and that game 1 between between Olympiakos and Panathanaikos was supposed to be played that evening..

I do admit that I did get quite the attention (whether it's looks of surprise/shock, disgust, admiration... you name it) walking around the streets of Athens in that jacket and thank God I got back home that evening in one piece

Comment

I didn't like what Olympiakos fans did either. They could've easily killed somebody. And then what?

Jasikevicius is our Lithuanian gem - he's a candidate for this year's Olympics. We'd be lost without him. If he were hit two days ago, what would've happened? He couldn't play for the Olympics, his family would be worried, and he wouldn't return playing basketball for fear of being hit again, or he might've even been killed. Same goes for Kaimakoglu, Calathes, Vougioukas and other candidates for the Greek NT. Those fans should be SEVERELY punished - banned from entering attending a basketball match. And this is not the first time Greek fans are taking out their anger on Greek players - Diamantidis was hit by a stone on the head, PAO players got showered by objects few years ago in a match against Olympiakos and now this. If this keeps happening, it could become a stereotype that Greeks are violent.

Originally posted by Khalid80 View Post
                              What's funny is that on Thursday evening the weather was rainy here in Athens and the only waterproof jacket I had at home was a Panathinaikos one so I wore it and went out (even though a few Greek friends of mine had previously told me that it's not advisable to do so) ... I also hadn't known what had happened and that game 1 between between Olympiakos and Panathanaikos was supposed to be played that evening..

I do admit that I did get quite the attention (whether it's looks of surprise/shock, disgust, admiration... you name it) walking around the streets of Athens in that jacket and thank God I got back home that evening in one piece
                              Hey Khalid80, can you tell me why PAO and OLY fans are fighting all the time? Maybe there's a source of their fighting that I don't know about?

Comment

Originally posted by macleopard13 View Post
                                Hey Khalid80, can you tell me why PAO and OLY fans are fighting all the time? Maybe there's a source of their fighting that I don't know about?
                                Well i'm sure the Greek forum members can answer this question better than me since they're Greek and know more about this...

I'll tell you what I know though... Olympiakos and Panathinaikos are the biggest 2 teams in Greece as well as being the most successful as well. It's like the derby between Zalgiris Kaunas and Lietuvos Rytas in Lithuania except that Olympiakos and Panathinakos are both from the same city and based in the capital Athens.

Panathinaikos is based in central Athens and in previous years used to be supported from the "upper class" society while Olympiakos is based in Piraeus (port of Athens) and used to be represented from the poorer "working class" so that explains the social differences and why their fans used to oppose each other previously... This isn't the case though any longer since both teams represent all classes and their fan base is spread all over Greece and not only Athens.

The derby is not only in basketball but for all other team sports as well..

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information