Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Greek A1 2011-12 news and scores

Quote Originally Posted by GV13 View Post
    Sorry, a bit of a random question. I read on a French site that PAO's player's salary this season is 23 million Euros. Is this right? Also, can anyone dig out how much each of its players is going to get paid this year?

A lot to ask I know, just just curious...

Thanks
    I haven't seen such a piece anywhere,as we all now few Panathinaikos' players had some paycut in their salaries(Sato for example) but there is not a clear eye on the amount of the reduction.From what i have heard all that time Panathinaikos had his budget reduced about 6-7 million euros than last year,taxes incuded.

PAO 16 Olympiakos 11 (1st quarter)

Saras coming from the bench for 2 jumpers.
    Vougioukas getting 2 fouls from big Papa.
    Papanikolaou defending on Batiste (and great).
    DD defendig on VSpan

Big air ball by Keselj !

Greens and Reds fighting for the ball !

Printezis doing great things in offense while DD is playing post up against small PG as usual (Lucas).

24-17 after a fast break... Diamantidis for Saras.

Vougioukas has a lot of time... PAO playing arond him... faking p'n'rolls and shooting (Diamantidis).

No Maric... where is Pelekanos ?

Ok, he has just entered

Strange screen (with ass moving) by Vougiou... but smart Glyniadakis comes to foul in... Thank you !

30-21

Spanoulis does not find any solutions... PAO is paying attention on him...

After tech. foul (Batiste), OLY is coming back a little bit......... but Vougioukas kicks ass in the paint... earning fouls and scoring : 8/9 in free throws

1/13 from 3pts for OLY... Diamantidis has played the full quarters. This game counts...

41-30 (Half-time)

In my opinion, since Antic is playing for Oly, he shots too much from 6.75... He could more usefull for the Reds... playing and creating closer to the basket... Gecevicius has often ball handing problems... in the same time he's not the boss of the team to have a lot of shots...

Calathes+Diamantidis+Sato+Vougioukas are fine. Saras was precious. In the court for shooting... and scoring behind screens... then out...

I think Papanikolaou deserves more time because he is too usefull as team player. OLY has no solutions inside (except Print) and shots so bad.

Time out after 2 turnovers (Diamantidis)... Maric enters... Lazos having fun against Maric for his first attempt... A slow with IQ against a quick brainless.... Let see...

Too many turnovers for PAO... but the 4th personal foul for Papadopoulos... Maric has is revenge

45-38

Another turnover !!! OLY is in the game 47-44. Efficient Print'
    But PAO gets some area after a big 3pts by Sato !

50-44

Gecevicius : airball ... Not him !!!

Great end of quarter : Sato - Kaimak 3pts // Hines lay up (smart Glynia on this ont).

57-50 (3rd quarter)

More and more exciting game OLY plays better while PAO commits turnovers.
    Last edited by achelim niabass; 11-20-2011 at 05:41 PM.

Sergio Kerusch vs Olympiacos

Struggling Maroussi signed Rick Apodaca.
    Die Liebe wird eine Krankheit, wenn man sie als eine Heilung sieht
    Artificial Nature

Ilysiakos signed Georgios Tsiakos.
    Artificial Nature

Marcus Goree left PAOK. The club's financial situation seems to be deteriorating.
    http://www.talkbasket.net/6191-goree-leaves-paok.html
    Artificial Nature

Panionios to land Vladimir Boisa.
    Artificial Nature

Panionios has been banned by FIBA from making any transfers.
    http://www.talkbasket.net/6472-fiba-...onios-too.html
    Artificial Nature

No All-Star Game this year because of the country's situation.
    Artificial Nature

easy win for Oly
    "Heja, heja Cibosi, hrabri kao vukovi,

heja, heja cibosi, vodite nas k pobjedi. "

some of the people on the forum are allowed to do whatever they want as long as they have guys from upstairs holding their back. way to go interbasket!

77-76 is an easy win? With Oly making impossible shots all game long? You obviously know a lot about basketball.

OLY great and with some luck during 30 minutes, PAO bad (Diamantidis/Batiste connection), poor shooting, no rotations.
    Ivkovic makes a good work with all his kids (Sloukas, Mantzaris, Papanikolaou) and he manages to use Dorsey as a basket ball player (playing very very simple but hard).
    Printezis plays this season like he did before going to Malaga.

OLY plays with a lot of heart and agressivity and shoots well.

PAO was blocked for the p'n'roll and was so slow... Diamantidis forced a lot and took the time to change his plan and shot some mid range jumper.

I don't understand why Obradovic keeps playing with the same players during 30'minutes (at the end of the 3rd quarter, DD has played 27, Batiste and Sato 25 and Kaima 24 if I'm not wrong).

Then, Vougioukas kicks the red "big" guys (Hines), and Obradovic plays with 1 big (Vougiou) and 4 small players (Calathes, Saras, Sato and Perpe)... Maybe OLY (with his inexperience) was thinking to the win too early... we can also say that PAO got some great calls (especially Batiste)... and the momentum changed.

OLY missing the free throws, Perperoglou killed the game for PAO after taking a stupid (because missed ) 3pts shot too early... the score was 68-63...
    After that, OLY continues to give his best in order to let all the people watching a thriller...

The last shot of Batiste is magnificient but just for 2pts... Diamantidis pissing around with the ball...

PAO shows his behaviour with the help of Olympiakos.
    The team continues to have some high and some down plays...
    Saras is a big question mark : being awful then shooting a big 3pts shots, finding Vougioukas on p'n'roll then ruining PAO's come back with his usual "techincal foul"...

Btw, the Calathes/Saras combo is not performing well.... Nick is not in a good shape as it seems, Saras is a big hole in defense and has a lot of turnovers...

I hope Obradovic waits until the 1/4 final (if PAO manages to qualify) to play with Calathes and DD.

And where is Pat Calathes ?
    Is he injured or I missed something ?
    Sato plays more time as SG, so instead of Kyristis, he could be in the squad. And he could be new creative option in attack which is poor when DD has some problems.
    I think that now we should wait next year but what about a D.D - Sato - Calathes' trio ?

Congrats to Olympiakos, it was a strange game but the final was very good.
    Their roster now, with Papadopoulos return, his nice. The youngs got playing time. Spanoulis is the leader, Gecevicius can score in few minutes, Antic (since he stops just shooting from 6.75m) and Print' are good alternatives. Dorsey/Hines/Big Papa is a balance trio.
    I hope they reach the 1/4 final.
    That should be great.
    And maybe Keselj could be the next happy thing for the end of season.

Congrats to all 15 players of Olympiakos, they were great.

Quote Originally Posted by KWSN-Men View Post
    Congrats to all 15 players of Olympiakos, they were great.
    hahaha its hilarious when a fan of greens talks about referees...especially,when in the last and most important quarter they were clearly favoured.
    the first referee of the match(Tomy) btw has admitted that he is a Pao fan and he was caught to wear the Pao's training suit once.
    the more you cry,the more i enjoy your clear defeat.

Enjoy it while you can, because the playoffs are coming

The most enjoyable moment of the game was when the entire SEF shitted their pants after Batiste's shot.

Quote Originally Posted by Tap View Post
    hahaha its hilarious when a fan of greens talks about referees...especially,when in the last and most important quarter they were clearly favoured.
    the first referee of the match(Tomy) btw has admitted that he is a Pao fan and he was caught to wear the Pao's training suit once.
    the more you cry,the more i enjoy your clear defeat.
    It seems the suitcases with the money have found their targets.

PS: I wouldn't expect an Olympiakos fan to be able to tell a Celtics and a PAO uniform apart.

Olympiakos' president (the one that left this summer) reminds us of the cups won by each team in the last 10 years.

859599f341qf34f.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by KWSN-Men View Post
    Olympiakos' president (the one that left this summer) reminds us of the cups won by each team in the last 10 years.
    last 10 or 20 years?
    "Heja, heja Cibosi, hrabri kao vukovi,

heja, heja cibosi, vodite nas k pobjedi. "

some of the people on the forum are allowed to do whatever they want as long as they have guys from upstairs holding their back. way to go interbasket!

Quote Originally Posted by Picek View Post
    last 10 or 20 years?
    Panathinaikos
    Euroleague: 2007, 2009, 2011 (3)
    A1: 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011 (9)
    Greek Cup: 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009 (6)
    Total: 18

Olympiakos
    Euroleague: Nothing
    A1: Nothing
    Greek Cup: 2010, 2011
    Total: 2

They DO have banners on their arena's roof for F4 participation though.. LOL

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast