American football around the world

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by usausa View Post
    World Senior Championship is held every 4 years...the Junior World Cup was to be held every 2 yrs and this is supposed to be the year it is held, but i do not have any info on it.
    World Sr Championships are held since 1999.
    The first ch'ship was held in Palermo (I) and Japan won vs Mexico (Italy took the 4th place after Sweden).
    Again Japan defeated Mexico for the first place in 2003, when the championship was played in Germany.
    Finally in 2007 USA beat host country Japan 23-20 in OT.

In the second game of 2011 Austria championship Mexico defeated European champions of Germany 22-15.

Afaik no pro players are included in the rosters.

Concerning junior play, early in February this year a USA U19 NT defeated 21-14 a World Team, but don't know if it's the Junior WC you were mentioning.

P.S. American Football is known and played in Italy but not as much as Rugby or even Baseball.

Comment

Well, I see I was wrong

From now on this thread will be on the title.

Comment

In Serbia theres national league (semi-pro) since 2003, also this year Kragujevac Wild Boars played in final of EFAF cup (same like UEFA Europa League in "real football"), just organisation of that final was horrible as i heard, European Federation of American Football was talking how final need to be held at stadium with good infrastructure and everything, and Wild Boars offered Kragujevac city stadium which is very big and nice, with everything they were asking, and they choosed their opponets court in London, which is some playground in some park, without any stand or internet connection at least and awful terrain. Just to show how some countries (and their teams) are still treated very bad and unequal.
        This is the age we are currently living in, where war is peace, ignorance is strength and slavery is freedom.

Comment

World Senior Championship is held every 4 years...the Junior World Cup was to be held every 2 yrs and this is supposed to be the year it is held, but i do not have any info on it.
          According to the IFAF website the next one will be held in 2012, and then every two years after that.
          Originally posted by Fedfan
          Most ppl get childish when they lose.
          Originally posted by GuTO
          refs in games of Spain walks with literally poop in his pants afraid of the Spanish players

Comment

Football in Puerto Rico is not new, as I know, started around 1969.

I play it in the 70,s, we have Football in high school since the early 70's as well Pee Wee Football. College no exist, semi pro since the mid 80's.

Comment

As it surely happened for most European countries, Football was imported in Italy at the end of WW2 by the US troops.
              The first game in Italy was played in Bari on Nov 23, 1944 and the second in Florence on Jan 1, 1945 with an attendance of 25,000 (!) and the Army won vs Air Force 20-4. The game was nicknamed "Spaghetti Bowl"...

Comment

Hold on there chief, watch what you say and know the topic you are talking about. There is actaully a lot of strategy involved in rugby. I've played for a few years now and is a lot more organized and thoughtful than you think. Have you ever played or tried to learn the game?
                backup inside center of High School team in my sophmore year, needless to say I never got step on the field b/c I was bad.
                ABUSADOR !!!, ABUSADOR !!!, ABUSADOR !!!, ABUSADOR !!!, ABUSADOR !!!

Comment

Originally posted by Ciscorlie Horford View Post
                  backup inside center of High School team in my sophmore year, needless to say I never got step on the field b/c I was bad.
                  Ok, if you have tried it, then I shall respectfully disagree with your opinion.
                  My Blog: http://wwoib.blogspot.com/

Statistics Wish List:
                  1990 Asian Games -in Beijing, CHN
                  1991 Pan Am Games -in Havana, CUB
                  1991 South American Championships -in Valencia, VEN
                  1991 Oceania Championship -in NZ
                  1991 Asian Basketball Championship -in Kobe, JPN
                  1992 African Basketball Championship -in Cairo, EGY
                  1992 Euro Olympic Basketball Tournament -in Spain

Comment

I heard that in the WC USA send players from the 3rd devision.
                    Lol,what? All the hundreds off NFL players are busy and even second division players are to good for this tournament??

Comment

Originally posted by cscarlos View Post
                      I heard that in the WC USA send players from the 3rd devision.
                      Lol,what? All the hundreds off NFL players are busy and even second division players are to good for this tournament??
                      Team USA was composed of a mix of FBS (D1), FCS (D1A), Division 2, and Division 3 players, but mostly Division 3 (probably 75-80%). Everyone was over 20 years old and was an outgoing senior. All of the D1 players were pretty much backups/bench players. For most of these players, it was their last games of football.

To bring NFL players for one would take a lot of insurance money in case of injury but also it would be overkill. This team destroyed Canada in the gold medal game...if NFL or even Division 1 All-Americans formed the team it wouldn't help the game right now...too many blowouts...too physical right now for the rest of the world who is not used to playing at the intensity these NFL players do.
                      My Blog: http://wwoib.blogspot.com/

Statistics Wish List:
                      1990 Asian Games -in Beijing, CHN
                      1991 Pan Am Games -in Havana, CUB
                      1991 South American Championships -in Valencia, VEN
                      1991 Oceania Championship -in NZ
                      1991 Asian Basketball Championship -in Kobe, JPN
                      1992 African Basketball Championship -in Cairo, EGY
                      1992 Euro Olympic Basketball Tournament -in Spain

Comment

Team USA was composed of a mix of FBS (D1), FCS (D1A), Division 2, and Division 3 players, but mostly Division 3 (probably 75-80%). Everyone was over 20 years old and was an outgoing senior. All of the D1 players were pretty much backups/bench players. For most of these players, it was their last games of football.

To bring NFL players for one would take a lot of insurance money in case of injury but also it would be overkill. This team destroyed Canada in the gold medal game...if NFL or even Division 1 All-Americans formed the team it wouldn't help the game right now...too many blowouts...too physical right now for the rest of the world who is not used to playing at the intensity these NFL players do.
                        Yea.....but for bball it's not the same? Lebron Kobe and wade worth enough to play against the world but any NFL player is to good to play?

I would say that the only reason is that in basketball the world is closer to the level of the NBA than the world to the NFL, cus of that USA bring the big guns cus they know that against the top teams they might loose,

Comment

What is currently the champ in your country?
                          In Israel it's the "judan rebels", a very reliouges team but with Christian and palestinan players.

Comment

בימוי, עריכה ואהבה: עמית סידס ומור שני | http://on.fb.me/iHwb33הפקה מוזיקלית ובלאגן: אורי אילוזמגה צילום : נדב הקסלמןע. צלם משוגע : אורי ציפרוניתאורה מגה אול...

jerusalem big blue lions are in this clip!! come on big blue!!!

Comment

Originally posted by cardenales View Post
                              Canada: Football is popular there, they have their own profesional league and is call the Canadian Football League. This league, have been around for many, many years. You have canadians playing in the NFL and players like Waren Moon, Doug Flutie just to mention a few, start in Canada before playing in the NFL. Back like in the 50s or 60s, they play friendly games against NFL teams, canadians only get to beat them once. Also they have High School and college leagues. They do draft for CFL league.
                              It's not American football that's played in Canada. While the players in Canada wear the same equipment as in the States, what's played in Canada is Canadian football which has substantially different rules than the U.S. game. The games in Canada and the United States evolved at the same time but separately from each other since Harvard journeyed to Montreal to play McGill in 1874.

Here are some of the rule differences:

1. The Canadian field is 110 yards long with two twenty yard endzones. The U.S. field is 100 yards long with two ten yard endzones.

2. The Canadian field is 65 yards wide. The U.S. field is 53.3 yards wide.

3. The Canadian game is played with twelve men per side while the U.S. game is played with eleven men per side.

4. The Canadian game is played with only three downs(chances) to move the ball ten yards in total. The U.S. game has four downs.

5. Receivers in Canada must land with their first foot in bounds when they catch the ball. In the States both feet must land in bounds.

6. Unlimited motion is allowed in Canadian backfields. In the States forward motion is not allowed toward the line of scrimmage before the snap of the ball.

7. The defending team must line up a full yard from the line of scrimmage in Canada. In the U.S. it's the other side of the ball.

8. A single point is awarded to teams kicking the ball through the endzone or tackling a returner in the endzone in Canada. This concept bewilders Americans with their puny endzones.

9. Only twenty seconds are allowed between plays in Canada while forty seconds are allowed between plays in the States (although admittedly time is whistled in much more quickly in the States).

10. The Canadian ball is just slightly bigger since it does not taper quite as quickly as the American ball. The Canadian ball also has two stripes.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information