No announcement yet.

Italian Serie A 2011-2012 news & transactions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

any word on Caserta and who they might pick up?

Comment

Originally posted by Duncan View Post
      any word on Caserta and who they might pick up?
      Not much about them, so far. Anyway, expect them to make a lot of changes (Ere, Jones, Bowers all should leave, and others too).

Comment

Sounds like they will have whole new squad. Di Bello might be the only one still there, with Williams?

Comment

Sounds like they will have whole new squad. Di Bello might be the only one still there, with Williams?
          It could be, but nothing's certain, especially with Williams.

- Rumors say Siena made an official offer to Anthony Maestranzi (Montegranaro), starting PG of Italian NT. I wonder why they're after him, unless they think to get rid of Zisis, who's off to a great season. Maestranzi had a bad year and a serious injury too...

- Siena offered a 2-yr extension to Malik Hairston. They want him to stay as he's got superstar potential, but he has a lot of offers from several teams (Olympiakos among them) and may not want to stay in Europe 2 more years...Let's see.

- Milano wants Treviso's rising star Alessandro Gentile, but there's a huge buyout here to pay...

- Montegranaro will officially keep Bulgarian PF Dejan Ivanov and besides being in talks with Ivan Paunic, they're looking for a PG (Tyrese Rice?).

- After Jasmin Perkovic, Cremona would like to confirm Ukrainian SF Artur Drozdov. The main alternative is Milano's USA/Ita forward Jeff Viggiano, who's off to a good season on loan to Biella. They're looking for a PG and veteran Jason Rowe (Tofas Bursa) is a name they're considering.

Comment

JuveCaserta signs argentinian PG Diego Ciorciari.
            FIRE THE NEXT ONE!!!
            EŭroKorbo, the useless basketball blog in esperanto.

Comment

That is not a very inspired signing IMO. They need to do better than that.

I doubt Hairston will be much interested in Olympiakos now that their owners are bailing out.

Caserta should spend a bit and sign Hairston and build around him

Comment

That is not a very inspired signing IMO. They need to do better than that.

I doubt Hairston will be much interested in Olympiakos now that their owners are bailing out.

Caserta should spend a bit and sign Hairston and build around him
                Are u jocking, right?

Hairston is NBA/High Euroleague material while Caserta... well, you know what...

Comment

- It's official, Siena inked David Andersen with a 3-yr deal. Maestranzi should be next as a 3rd PG besides McCalebb and Zisis.

- Treviso signed talented Israeli PG Gal Mekel (Galil Gilboa), mvp of Israeli League. Quite unexpected, since he told he was headed to Spain.

- As posted above by Gonzaka, Caserta signed experienced PG Diego Ciorciari (Menorca).

Comment

Is David Moss pretty likely to leave Siena now? I know they weren't too keen on him before the season but I thought he might have won them over. Any suggestion what teams might come in for him?

Comment

Originally posted by Jazz View Post
                      Is David Moss pretty likely to leave Siena now? I know they weren't too keen on him before the season but I thought he might have won them over. Any suggestion what teams might come in for him?
                      I think he's going to leave, even though he had a good season.
                      Siena aims at Euroleague title this season and no more as a darkhorse but as a true favourite along with the other powerhouses. If Moss leaves as it seems I guess they're going to sign someone better even though a team-oriented, versatile player and great defender like him is always useful.
                      Dunno where he might end up playing though.

You know what? Perhaps David Moss is the only American player who applied for a Bulgarian passport wihout ever acquiring it.
                      With a European passport he would still be a perfect fit for Siena and for all other big teams.

Montegranaro is about to bring back to Italy veteran PF Spencer Nelson (Gran Canaria), who holds an Azeri passport.

Comment

Hey Boyd, could you give some info on Cantu's: Micov, Mazzarino, Tabu, Marconato, Ortner. Cantu goin' to keep them or will search for replacement? Also what kind of players (positions) they are also lookin' for? Thnx in advance

Comment

Originally posted by Mindozas View Post
                          Hey Boyd, could you give some info on Cantu's: Micov, Mazzarino, Tabu, Marconato, Ortner. Cantu goin' to keep them or will search for replacement? Also what kind of players (positions) they are also lookin' for? Thnx in advance
                          Cantù chose to confirm large part of the roster, which is a smart move for a club that doesn't have the financial power of other big teams.
                          They also have an outstanding coach (Andrea Trinchieri), you will hear about him in the future.

- Micov has signed a 2-yr contract extension last March, so he will stay until 2012-2013 season.
                          - Mazzarino is under contract till 2012.
                          - Tabu is under contract for 2 more seasons, but the team might consider the option to send him on loan elsewhere.
                          - Marconato is under contract till 2012.
                          - Ortner is under contract till 2012 but in his case too there's a chance he may go.

Other players they have confirmed with multi-year deals are Leunen, Markoishvili and Scekic.
                          The only player they will not keep is PG Mike Green, at least that's what it seems.

Comment

Thanks boyd!

The other thing is, why do Siena have to get rid of so many foreign players? Have the foreign player quotas been lowered for Serie A?

And adding to what Mindozas asked, is Mazzarino really as good as he looks in highlights?

Comment

Originally posted by Jazz View Post
                              Thanks boyd!

The other thing is, why do Siena have to get rid of so many foreign players? Have the foreign player quotas been lowered for Serie A?

And adding to what Mindozas asked, is Mazzarino really as good as he looks in highlights?
                              No, foreign rule is the same.
                              In the end if Siena lets a foreign player go they will replace him with another foreigner. They're just considering which strategy would be the best for them.

So, McCalebb, Zisis, Kaukenas, K. Lavrinovic all will stay.
                              You can add David Andersen.

Who may leave:
                              - Hairston: they offered him a 2-yr extension but he has a lot of good offers;
                              - Moss: I think they plan to ink a better player, although they're happy with him.
                              - Rakovic: they're in advanced talks with Kasun, if they sign him, Rakovic may go but he may even stay to have a deeper frontcourt.

Mazzarino is oldie but goldie as he improved year after year so that he's having his best days at 35. He's not athletic and he's small but he's a true SG with a deadly shot and great technique, he deserves to play in Euroleague at last. I only wonder if he has enough stamina to play in two competitions, no doubt about his offensive skills.

Comment

Originally posted by boyd20 View Post
                                - Rakovic: they're in advanced talks with Kasun, if they sign him, Rakovic may go but he may even stay to have a deeper frontcourt.
                                I heard Kasun may cost too much for the budget of MPS (after the signing of Andersen) and in the end Rakovic could remain...

Mazzarino is oldie but goldie as he improved year after year so that he's having his best days at 35. He's not athletic and he's small but he's a true SG with a deadly shot and great technique, he deserves to play in Euroleague at last. I only wonder if he has enough stamina to play in two competitions, no doubt about his offensive skills.
                                Agree. Mazzarino is also a quick player (even at 35) and has great IQ so he'll be a nice player off the bench for Cantù.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information