• Montegranaro signed Sean May.
    Die Liebe wird eine Krankheit, wenn man sie als eine Heilung sieht
    Artificial Nature

Comment

• Hey guys, Siena won the Cup!
      Artificial Nature

Comment

• David Andersen:'My shooting improved with Andrea Bargnani' - Feb 20, 2012 (by Andrea Centenari)

With 23 points, 4 boards and 2 assists, David Andersen (212-C-80) was elected MVP of the Italian League Cup Final Eight leading his Montepaschi Siena in the win over Bennet Cantu.
        'I came here with the gol to win. It's not easy to beat a strong team like Bennet Cantu. I'm feeling good here in Siena. There's a lot of talent. My shooting? Yes, it's true that I have learnt something from Andrea Bargnani (209-F/C-85) when I played with him in Toronto. For a pivot is very important having a good shoot to open the floor' said the australian forward to La Gazzetta dello Sport.
        Artificial Nature

Comment

• Biella close to Kaselakis
          sigpic

The basketball shop.

https://www.interbasket.net/forums/s...-Obradovic-Era

Comment

• Virtus Bologna signed Ivan Paunić.
            Artificial Nature

Comment

• Maarty Leunen leads Cantu to win last night with 17 pts video

Comment

• Back here after a long absence, feels good to be back. Basically, I lost my password and I've been abroad for a while.
                Just wanna say hello and celebrate yesterday's performance by one of our brightest young talents, Achille Polonara (Teramo):

29 minutes - 34 points (11/11 2p, 2/3 3p, 6/6 ft) + 9 rebounds, 2 blocks, 2 steals, 2 assists, rating = 46.

The last time an Italian player scored that much was in 2006 and that guy was Belinelli. Only 15 times Italian players managed to score 34 or more points in a single game in Serie A (the record belongs to Carlton Myers, who scored 42 in 2003).

Glad for Polonara, really. Teramo had a lot of financial issues this season and lost several players (Yaniv Green and Anthony Goods among them) for that, without being able to sign replacements. In the end, that turned to be a lucky circumstance for them, allowing youngsters like Polonara to earn minutes and display their skills (20 pts in 22 minutes, 20 pts in 23 minutes, 34 pts in 29 minutes in the last three games). And Teramo managed to avoid relegation quite comfortably. Wonder whether Polonara will stay in Teramo for one more season or sign elsewhere, he's 21 and I'm convinced it would be better for him to get consistent playing time.

Comment

• How about the Lithuanian Big Three today? They helped defeat Scavolini Spar today. Who are the Lithuanian Big Three you may ask? They're Jonas Maciulis (athletic small forward who led the Lithuanian National Team in the 2010 World Championship), Rimantas Kaukenas (you guys should know this guy; he's fast as lightning, drills threes like Navarro and plays intense defense) and Ksystof Lavrinovic (one of the most efficient big men in Europe, doing a lot in so little time). Maciulis scored 2 points in 10 minutes (don't worry, I'm sure he'll do better soon), Kaukenas scored 9 points in 14 minutes (great comeback from an injury!) and Lavrinovic had 8 points in 18 minutes. Montepaschi fans, you guys are lucky dogs - you've got one of the three best Lithuanian players, best American scorer, a decent Serbian shooter and an Australian offensive threat. There's little doubt that you guys are gonna win the Serie A. I'll be rooting for ya!

Comment

• Originally posted by macleopard13 View Post
                    How about the Lithuanian Big Three today? They helped defeat Scavolini Spar today. Who are the Lithuanian Big Three you may ask? They're Jonas Maciulis (athletic small forward who led the Lithuanian National Team in the 2010 World Championship), Rimantas Kaukenas (you guys should know this guy; he's fast as lightning, drills threes like Navarro and plays intense defense) and Ksystof Lavrinovic (one of the most efficient big men in Europe, doing a lot in so little time). Maciulis scored 2 points in 10 minutes (don't worry, I'm sure he'll do better soon), Kaukenas scored 9 points in 14 minutes (great comeback from an injury!) and Lavrinovic had 8 points in 18 minutes. Montepaschi fans, you guys are lucky dogs - you've got one of the three best Lithuanian players, best American scorer, a decent Serbian shooter and an Australian offensive threat. There's little doubt that you guys are gonna win the Serie A. I'll be rooting for ya!
                    It's crucial to Siena to have the three Liths in good shape. The problem is that both Kaukenas and Lavrinovic are old and injury-plagued and Siena still depends on them way too much. Maciulis is a very good addition if he's completely recovered from the injury, he's also expected to play a significant role as he will have to replace David Moss who's injured.

Milano improved month after month and though they lost Bremer, I think this time they can really win, especially if they add one more player as they're expected to.

Comment

• Originally posted by boyd20 View Post
                      The problem is that both Kaukenas and Lavrinovic are old and injury-plagued and Siena still depends on them way too much.
                      Not necessarily. When Kaukenas and Lavrinovic were gone, the team didn't start losing immediately because McCalebb, Andersen and Rakocevic stepped up. I'm telling you, this team is stacked with stars - if someone gets injured, a star replaces that person. It's like when you cut off a leaf, another one grows in its place - that's Montepaschi. There's little doubt that they'll win the finals.

Comment

• Its surely been a while since they were challenged this much domestically though? Cantu can challenge Siena (even though with all their injuries they probably dont have quite enough in playoff situation) and Milano could give them a real scare. Scarilo's sniping about how Pianigiani shouldn't be coaching the NT added a little bit more intrigue too. But yeah, they still have to be favourites.

Comment

• Injuries have been the story of the season for Siena and that's the main reason why even though I still consider them as favourites I wouldn't be that sure they will win again. They have Kaukenas back and we all know how much he brings to the team, but he also comes from a very serious injury so...Moss, Thornton and Michelori are out indefinitely, Maciulis just came and will need to adjust, Lavrinovic and Stonerook constantly battling with injuries that prevent them from practicing during the week.

Unfortunately Cantù is facing similar issues with key players like Micov, Basile and Shermadini (out for the season). Scekic would be very useful now but he's out for the season too.

Milano is on a hot streak. We all knew they needed time to put all things together, this season they only managed to reach top 16 in Euroleague, but looking at their roster it's clear they have a deep and talented team that could've made it to the quarterfinals, but at those levels they still depended too much on Hairston who was injured during all that phase. Most players, especially Cook and Bouroussis, are in great shape since a couple of months or so, unfortunately they lost Bremer who had a huge impact since his arrival, but they seem to have found chemistry at last. They're also adding a new player to strengthen the roster, probably Justin Dentmon. I think they have chances to finally challenge Siena this time.

Comment

• Siena lost at home again yesterday (69-78) to Virtus Bologna and the final score is not even fair as Virtus managed to keep a wide lead throughout the 2nd half. Milano won at Treviso and it's their 7th in a row, I'm definitely convinced they have serious chances to stop Siena's dominance this time. I'd say the same for Cantù, but the loss of Shermadini and Micov might be just too much for them.

Comment

• Maciulis and Lavrinovic led Siena in a blowout game against "Fabi Shoes" (113:57). They scored 20 and 16 points, respectively. Lavrinovic was perfect (7/7 2PT, 2/2 FT) and Maciulis was close to it (4/4 2PT, 3/5 3PT, 3/3 FT). Kaukenas had 3 points (1/6 2PT, 0/1 3PT, 1/2 FT) - could have done better, but he's back from injury and still trying to adjust / or had a bad day.

Comment

• Final standings

1 - Siena 48 pts (24-8)
                                2 - Milano 44 pts (22-10)
                                3 - Cantù 42 pts (21-11)
                                4 - Sassari 40 pts (20-12)
                                5 - Virtus Bologna 40 pts (20-12)
                                6 - Pesaro 38 pts (19-13)
                                7 - Venezia 34 pts (17-15)
                                8 - Varese 34 pts (17-15)

9 - Avellino 30 pts (15-17)
                                10 - Cremona 28 pts (14-18)