Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SBP Long-term national team pool (vol. XIV)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SBP Long-term national team pool (vol. XIV)

Previous thread is here.

Keep discussion friendly and calm. OT/flaming/trollish posts will get deleted and users banned.
    Die Liebe wird eine Krankheit, wenn man sie als eine Heilung sieht
    Artificial Nature

facts:
    a) slow ROI in sponsoring an NT
    b) lack of support from the major basketball stakeholders for NT

how about an SBP-backed, commercially-sponsored NT as a regular team in the PBA after the gilas stint in wuhan? imagine a team like the TnT as the NT and at the same time a regular and tenth team member of the PBA. this will somehow a) solve the problem of slow ROI for the sponsor because cash will definitely flow as its share from the league, b) will somehow get a more committed support from the PBA as compared to its half-baked commitment to gilas today, and will c) create NT's own fan base among the PBA fans.

as an added provision to the league's policies and regulations, the team's core players - let's say six of them will automatically come from the present gilas line-up to ensure "continuity" of program. these players will be excluded from any trading negotiations with other teams for let's say three years. the aim of this NT is to acquire young, talented players from other teams via trading to complement the gilas core players (similar to how the pangilinan group did with kelly williams from SLR, taulava from powerade, mercado from RoS, etc). the SBP will be responsible for the recruitment and paying of salary for its naturalized player.

just a far-fetched idea. a product of my frustrations on what is happening now with the gilas team: half-baked support from the PBA, inconsistent decisions from pangilinan, filipino basketball fans who tend to support their commercial team rather the NT...

haay..
    AT SA TINGIN MO AY MAS MAHUSAY KA KESA KAY COACH CHOT?!

Comment

This has been my suggestion that I posted already. Keep the Gilas core together and elevate them in the PBA as a team. Then pull them out of the league if there's an international competition. They'll be a PBA team in their vacant months. I do believe this is a win win scenario for the PBA. I still maintain that SMART can actually have their ROI on the team. They just have to improve the team's marketability.

This batch of Gilas players, their traoning for the last 3 years would be wasted if there's no continuity. MVP can only bear the fruits of his investment if he continues the program. We don't wanna start from scratch all over again.

Comment

yes but MVP must be convinced that the Smart team will be competitive without Marcus possibly or can be contenders with japeth and Asi manning the paint and yes he must convince the pba board to elevate a good number of his core to the pba esp the ones who is been used mainly by the team..

And lastly like Mahram, Riyadi and other loaded teams in asia they must prove that they can dominate the league thru winning
        To becomes Asia's Best, we need to compete against the World's Best..
        1 Big 4 small > 5 out offense.

Comment

Smart has gained a tremendously from their foray into the "national-team-sponsorship-for-national-pride-kunwari" endeavor.

And from what I heard this week, they are going to do it again with Sinag Pilipinas.

Both Gilas and Sinag are not their programmes. They just barged in and took over both programmes.

They sucked with Gilas.

Should we allow them to do it again with Sinag?

Comment

Originally posted by namamangha View Post
            Smart has gained a tremendously from their foray into the "national-team-sponsorship-for-national-pride-kunwari" endeavor.

And from what I heard this week, they are going to do it again with Sinag Pilipinas.

Both Gilas and Sinag are not their programmes. They just barged in and took over both programmes.

They sucked with Gilas.

Balimbing ka Joey. You now bite the hands that don't feed you. Before, defend them like there's no tomorrow.

Comment

At least namamangha doesnt have to hide his identity..no need to field or create an army of alternicks or go hopping to different internet cafes to avoid ip address detection
              “I think our point guards are small,” “Not to say that our point guards are not good, but I believe that we need bigger point guards.”
              - SBP President Manny V. Pangilinan

Wanted: Philippine version of Jordan's talented backcourt tandem of 6'5" Sam Daghlas & 6'4" Rashem Wright

Comment

Originally posted by AlYuson View Post
                At least namamangha doesnt have to hide his identity..no need to field or create an army of alternicks or go hopping to different internet cafes to avoid ip address detection

true enough!.
                i thought he is NoliE himself..
                "its not too late to retaliate"

Comment

SBP to strengthen grassroots basketball program
                  18-Jun-11, 7:46 PM | Sid Manalo, InterAksyon.com

The Samahang Basketbol ng Pilipinas (SBP) has its marching orders, and it will soon put greater premium on local programs and youth development projects.

According to SBP executive director Renauld “Sonny” Barrios, association president Manny V. Pangilinan was very specific about wanting to see greater priorities on both programs during their board meeting at the Dusit Thani Hotel last Wednesday.
                  This is just a sampler of the article, read the full version here:

Comment

Originally posted by namamangha View Post

They sucked with Gilas.

Impressive impressive. Calling a spade a spade. Calling them out is an admirable act-- you have lots of "haters" here in IBN but your attitude gains respect from me.
                    If there is no basketball in heaven, i am NOT going.

SMALLBALL, bitches..

Comment

Allow me to join the suck-up bandwagon and say I also admire the taste of sourgraping nonsense.

I mean, really.

Comment

Originally posted by insulares View Post
                        Allow me to join the suck-up bandwagon and say I also admire the taste of sourgraping nonsense.

I mean, really.
                        Now that's reality.
                        Star Margarine helps.. just ask your mama..

Comment

Let's face it. Whoever group that'll sponsor our NT will surely have their own interests. There's no pure good there, the national cause advocacy..etc.etc. Even if SMC handles our NT, it'll be the same system..personal interest over national pride. At least this present handlers are committed and are funding the team beginning from the grassroots. Yes, MVP might have used the NT for his teams BUT what makes guys like RSA different. He also has teams, in the pros remember! At least we're not under the BAP anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by insulares View Post

I mean, really.
                            This one deserves a "like" icon...Most sensible post for this thread, ever...

Seriously!

Comment

Originally posted by international88 View Post
                              Balimbing ka Joey. You now bite the hands that don't feed you. Before, defend them like there's no tomorrow.
                              welcome to the philippines brother...Some guys here are like that..they will turn on you when they are not benefiting from you.And what are you going to get from the national team anyways? hence the PBA and the gin loving fans of this forums
                              "How small ball works: Tall Skilled beats small skilled every time,but small skilled beats tall stiff every time" - Kevin McHale

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information