No announcement yet.

Japanese JBL / BJ-League 2011-2012 Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• About JBL salary cap is it working like this? 2 foreigners each get $180.000 and the 215 million yen are split into the rest of the players?

When will the JBL - BJ league merger really happen? The BJ league to me seems to be the better competition but it lacks the sponsorship hence less money, that's why in my opinion a lot of Japanese players especially the college graduates chose JBL, so you know I'm really hoping that BJ league and JBL are gonna merge ASAP!

Here's my idea....

Call it JBA (Japan basketball association) 18 teams and 2 conferences, 9 teams in each conference, those teams are 8 from JBL division I, 1 from JBL division II (the champion) and the rest are BJ leagues who have prosperous finance.... the rest who don't make it go to JBA division II.
    Last edited by Gokusan; 01-08-2012, 03:48 AM.

Comment

• About JBL salary cap is it working like this? 2 foreigners each get $180.000 and the 215 million yen are split into the rest of the players?
      Not all foreigners get the maximum contract. The primary import gets a near max. While the second import gets less than the primary import.

When will the JBL - BJ league merger really happen? The BJ league to me seems to be the better competition but it lacks the sponsorship hence less money, that's why in my opinion a lot of Japanese players especially the college graduates chose JBL, so you know I'm really hoping that BJ league and JBL are gonna merge ASAP!
      The Japanese Basketball Association has prompted a unified league that aims to launch in 2013.

公益財団法人日本バスケットボール協会(JBA)の公式サイト。JBAの取り組み、日本代表の活動や、国内外の各種大会情報など、日本におけるバスケットボール競技の統括団体として情報をお伝えします。

Currently, the JBA is welcoming applicants for the new league they are creating. Meaning, current JBL, BJ-League, JBL2 and new teams can submit requirements for membership. Nothing concrete is given with this revived exploration as several JBL teams are not to keen moving out of the JBL. While some BJ-League teams have expressed interest but as I said, the JBA has nothing set in concrete and the controversial fee for membership may scare a lot of BJ-League teams.

Call it JBA (Japan basketball association) 18 teams and 2 conferences, 9 teams in each conference, those teams are 8 from JBL division I, 1 from JBL division II (the champion) and the rest are BJ leagues who have prosperous finance.... the rest who don't make it go to JBA division II.
      The JBA already exists. It is the National Basketball Federation of Japan. Formerly JABBA, but they re-branded it to JBA. The league according to sources will be called Japanese National Basketball League or JNBL.

What the JBA does not realize is that this endeavor may kill off the JBL and the BJ-League. Worst case scenario is that half of the JBL teams join the new league while half stay in the JBL. That scenario will surely kill the JBL. As for the BJ-League, if the contenders opt for the new league, the BJ-League is left in shambles.

This is why the JBA must unite all stake holders first and formulate concrete plans for the economic and league model of their new pet project. They must also sit down with the officials of the BJ-League as well. From what I see, the JBA is in haste with their self-imposed deadline of 2013 for a true unified Japanese League.
      Sacramento Kings
      HERE WE STAY UNTIL THE COWBELLS COME HOME

Comment

• Sendai 89ers 76 Kyoto Hannaryz 62

Sendai's defense stifled Kyoto and thus ending the latter's enjoyed winning streak. Sendai's Johnny Dukes scored 28 points. In the game, Sendai showcased their new Croatian center, Filip Toncinic.
        Sacramento Kings

Comment

• So you meant the new JNBL is merely an option for BJ league/JBL teams, in otherwords it's not 100% a "merger"? What if all teams refuse to join it then? Well if it's for the better of the league then I'm 100% supporting it but they have to gather as many sponsors as possible before jump in to it.

Btw how come KBL's teams offer higher salary? Isn't Japan's economy mightier than that of Korea? Does it have to do with basketball is still considered minor sport in Japan?

Comment

• Originally posted by Gokusan View Post
            So you meant the new JNBL is merely an option for BJ league/JBL teams, in otherwords it's not 100% a "merger"? Well if it's for the better of the league then I'm 100% supporting it but they have to gather as many sponsors as possible before jump in to it.

Btw how come KBL's teams offer higher salary? Isn't Japan's economy mightier than that of Korea? Does it have to do with basketball is still considered minor sport in Japan?
            At the moment, the JBA has not approached the BJ-League officials for formal talks regarding a merger. The BJ-League is also set on making their own preparations for next season where they are looking for expansion teams like Aoyama and Gunma to join the league for their 2012-2013 season.

Teams like Toshiba, Toyota and Panasonic, according to sources on the local papers, are not too keen to move away from their current base in the JBL.

A 100% merger is impossible at the moment wherein there was no structure or model in place to support such a grand move; yes even more grand than the ambitious new league.

Economics applies to some extent in between Korea's KBL and Japan's JBL / BJ-League. Most companies like Toyota, Panasonic and Toshiba have cut players salaries for the last years due to financial matters. Most of these companies also support and sponsor Football and Baseball teams. It is that basketball is not the number one sport nor has it seen much success in Japan both locally and on international competition. Naturally, mega companies will invest more in football and baseball for that matter.

South Korea's KBL teams live off on sponsors and team budget. The Sakers have their main sponsor, LG and alot more to be able to afford a high paygrade for star players and imports. Same goes for other KBL teams like Ulsan Mobis Phoebus which has the backing of mighty Hyundai.
            Sacramento Kings

Comment

• Do you know the average salary for soccer and baseball players in Japan? In BJ league the average salary is $40.000 while the star receives up to $100.000....I'm just curious how big the gap is, if you don't mind please include the highest salary in respective sport.

But yeah in order for basketball to go BOOM in Japan is change and I hope that change is the merger between BJ league and JBL.
              Last edited by Gokusan; 01-08-2012, 07:14 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gokusan View Post
                Do you know the average salary for soccer and baseball players in Japan? In BJ league the average salary is $40.000 while the star receives up to $100.000....I'm just curious how big the gap is, if you don't mind please include the highest salary in respective sport.

But yeah in order for basketball to go BOOM in Japan is change and I hope that change is the merger between BJ league and JBL.
                Yes I do mind. Why not start with wikipedia.

I searched this forum although i admit not very hard. What is the average pay or the pay scale in the J league? Vyert
                Sacramento Kings

Comment

• The Kyoto Hannaryz bouncing back against the Sendai 89ers with a 87-74 victory.
                  Sacramento Kings

Comment

• Toyota Alvark beats Aisin SeaHorses 69-65 at the 87th Emperor's Cup Finals.

Toyota used a 29-13 scoring run in the second quarter to assert control of the game. The clash could be a potential JBL 2012 Finals preview.
                    Sacramento Kings

Comment

• At the moment, three out of four expansions teams in the Eastern conference are still in the running to qualify for the playoffs:

Yokohama B-Corsairs (11-13)
                      Shinshu Brave Warriors (11-13)
                      Chiba Jets (10-12)

While the Iwate Big Bulls are 7-19 and have no chances in making the playoffs.
                      Sacramento Kings

Comment

• The BJ-League announced that a new team based in Tokyo will be entering the BJ-League 2012-2013 Season (next season) as an expansion team. The new team will replace the defunct Tokyo Apache.

Sacramento Kings

Comment

• The Evessa Osaka have brought in two repute BJ-League imports that are returning to the league.

Mike Bell
                          Bobby St. Preux

Bell adds a venerable inside presence to Osaka's frontcourt with his inside scoring and all out defense. Bell is also a good rebounder. While St. Preux was known for his perimeter toughness as he can score from the wing and as well as defend it.

The move will certainly help Lynn Washington.
                          Sacramento Kings

Comment

• If no team folds because of financials, the BJ-League will open the 2012-2013 season with 22 teams.
                            Sacramento Kings

Comment

• The 2013 BJ-League All Star Weekend will be held in Tokyo next year. The Tokyo expansion team will host the said event.
                              Sacramento Kings

Comment

• The head coach of the expansion team, Iwate Big Bulls, Vlasios Vlaikidis has resigned. Assistant coach Shinji Tomiyama was promoted as the new head coach.
                                Sacramento Kings

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information