No announcement yet.

Maccabi Electra Tel-Aviv - 2011/2012

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ^^ There's no boxscore on Maccabi English website yet. Can you give me the link of boxscore for Maccabi vs Bnei HaSharon? Thanks.

Maccabi Tel Aviv

EUROLEAGUE CHAMPIONSHIPS - 1977 & 1981 & 2001 & 2004 & 2005 & 2014
    Intercontinental Cup - 1980
    Adriatic League Championship - 2012

Comment

• Originally posted by [M-120] View Post
      ^^ There's no boxscore on Maccabi English website yet. Can you give me the link of boxscore for Maccabi vs Bnei HaSharon? Thanks.

burnstein

Comment

• i think that scheyer latly play better because he got to ply more with mallet and papa, yogev is fast and make the team run nonstop-but scheyer not so fast and having hard time playing with yogev. papa and mallet(more papa) organize a slower game, in kind of game it seems that scheyer playing much better.

Comment

• What about langford lately?

Comment

• Originally posted by maccabeo View Post
            What about langford lately?
            injured

Comment

• Originally posted by MaccabiTA View Post
              injured
              he'll play tomorrow Vs. Afula in the cup.
              2022/2023:
              PG: Brown, D-BA, Ziv
              SG: Baldwin, Hollins
              SF: Hillard, Pnini, Menco
              PF: Martin, Colson, Cohen
              PF: Nebo, Poyters, Sorkin

Comment

• one of his problem in kimki was to be often injuried. we re in need to hope inlangford with a team like this. he was in a good period altought it was because of blatt desperate decision (mta changed his way of play after farmar came back and we will soon come back to blatt's usual style with mallet)

Comment

• Yogev Ohayon airwalking:

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
                  burnstein

Comment

• mamma mia, u even need to show us one good moment of him, to underline your opinion of him.
                    if u want i ll go searching great moments of elton brown, or jeretin, or giacchetti, or, or,or,or. who can judge a player because of one moment? he is one of main mta's problem and after farmar leaving , even blatt was in need to play langofrd as pg because matches with ohayon as starting five pg, were a disaster, a big disaster. do u remember than match? why dont u post that matches instead of one single action?

Comment

mamma mia, u even need to show us one good moment of him, to underline your opinion of him.
                      if u want i ll go searching great moments of elton brown, or jeretin, or giacchetti, or, or,or,or. who can judge a player because of one moment? he is one of main mta's problem and after farmar leaving , even blatt was in need to play langofrd as pg because matches with ohayon as starting five pg, were a disaster, a big disaster. do u remember than match? why dont u post that matches instead of one single action?
                      You are silly. One action never proves a player's value for a whole season. I posted a nice video of Ohayon dunking in traffic in the face of a defender with a foul. Why should I be interested in actions of Jeretin or Brown? Are they 189 cm tall Israeli point guards dunking in traffic?

As to the other thing you mentioned, Langford has never been installed as a point guard by Blatt. As Papaloukas has been out of shape, the team needed an additional ball handler to support Ohayon, who surely won't play for 40 minutes. Basically, Langford was playing the same role as for Khimki: handling the ball and scoring because he is a better scorer off the dribbling than in regular set play or coming off a screen.

Ohayon is not the leader of the pack but he is needed as a domestic player and has performed well internationally in order to get his minutes, even when Farmar was on board. The current situation looks already better, as Papaloukas is playing very good lately, Mallet started on the right foot and James is coming more and more into his own, having recorded a triple double two days ago. Scheyer is progressing, too (16 p, 8 r, 2 a, 2 s last game).this is important. If maccabi can rely on them in Adria and in Israel, the leaders will be more fresh for the euroleague, which usually results in victories on the highest level.
                      burnstein

Comment

mamma mia, u even need to show us one good moment of him, to underline your opinion of him.
                        I think your hate to Ohayon became an obsession or something this is the stupidest comment I've seen lately. so now you're saying that posting a highlight vid of a player is like saying 'he's the best'? what happened to just sharing a nice high-light of a Maccabi player? isn't that a legitimate reason to post this vid here? where did you see him saying this dunk means he's the next Jordan? where did you see him judging Ohayon for just one moment? he just posted a f'ing vid FFS.

Comment

• Originally posted by goga78 View Post
                          You are silly. One action never proves a player's value for a whole season. I posted a nice video of Ohayon dunking in traffic in the face of a defender with a foul. Why should I be interested in actions of Jeretin or Brown? Are they 189 cm tall Israeli point guards dunking in traffic?

As to the other thing you mentioned, Langford has never been installed as a point guard by Blatt. As Papaloukas has been out of shape, the team needed an additional ball handler to support Ohayon, who surely won't play for 40 minutes. Basically, Langford was playing the same role as for Khimki: handling the ball and scoring because he is a better scorer off the dribbling than in regular set play or coming off a screen.

Ohayon is not the leader of the pack but he is needed as a domestic player and has performed well internationally in order to get his minutes, even when Farmar was on board. The current situation looks already better, as Papaloukas is playing very good lately, Mallet started on the right foot and James is coming more and more into his own, having recorded a triple double two days ago. Scheyer is progressing, too (16 p, 8 r, 2 a, 2 s last game).this is important. If maccabi can rely on them in Adria and in Israel, the leaders will be more fresh for the euroleague, which usually results in victories on the highest level.
                          i guess u understood what i meant but is better to show us u don't.
                          well if u posted that clip is because u wanted to confirm your good opinion on him. i simply wrote that no clip can change the true about one player. if i search for a good thin by jeretin ,i sure will find it, but he it will be forever a mediocre player. that's what i meant and u weel know. for u ohayon is a good player, a good pg for on of greatest eu team. u wanted to confirm your opinion showing us that clip. well ,that clip doens tsay anything ,as no clip will say nothing good about jeretin. understood now?? imho, again ,oahyon is a disaster for mta. no team has a so weak pg in el ,even as second or third pg. no score, turnovers, confusion. nothing. u just can write about his assist in il league or ijn adriatic, but thats no europe and mta is too strong for all teams . easier to play in the strongest team as pg. assist are simply , automatic when u play in mta facing israeli or adriatic team, as easier is too score, or making less turnovers. in el , ohayon is nothing. i deeply hope we will add halperin as israeli next year and to give ohayon to some il team. that is his place. an average team of il league

Comment

• It is stupid to discuss a player's value as you understand squat about basketball and never see the whole picture. You don't know the role of a point guard and don't know how it is important to have a game organizer, especially on a team that is aiming high. Much more important than having a scorer at this position because a pass-first PG is looking to involve all of his teammates first, before scoring himself. This is a trademark of a tru PG, something that cannot be met often nowadays. Ohayon belong to this sort of PGs. No, ne is not a great player because he lacks a deadly shot but he is a solid player, even on EL level. He takes care of the ball well, his defense is above average, his court vision is great, he can go any tempo without losing the focus. If there is sth. missing in his game, it is confusion.

But... a big but. Maccabi is competing in three leagues. It doesn't have the kind of money to keep a roster of 15 more or less equal players, so it has a core of players that are playing in the EL and some more that give them breaks in Adria and in Israel. Actually, Ohayon was planned as a third PG, playing domestically, which is critical for Maccabi due to the Russian Law that demands a whole lot of domestic players on board and only four foreigners. But he has proven with his valuable play that he can play some EL minutes. Of course, he wouldn't see a single EL minute, if the team had Farmar, Pargo and a constantly well-playing Papaloukas. Yet Pargo never showed up to play, Papaloukas lost it for a couple of months, so Ohayon was thrown into cold water and responded well. Maccabi was playing well and Ohayon did his part. I don't care that he isn't shooting 50% or scoring 15 ppg. He has what it takes to make his teammates better. While constantly handling the ball, he has very few turnovers, while his rebounds, assists and steals are very good. He is not starting material for Maccabi but he is a good sub. If it wouldn't be like that, he would not have been signed and would not play. After all, Scheyer came with a much bigger rep to Maccabi, yet he was struggling for the initial three months. You are looking only after scoring and good FG but if Ohayon would be able to do well in that department, he would cost five times as much.
                            Halperin is playing a different position and if he comes to Maccabi, he will be playing alongside Ohayon.

Actually, compare Ohayon to Victor Sada of Barcelona. They have very similar numbers. Similar playing time, similar pts. scored etc. Ohayon is doing better overall. Sada is more experienced, while Ohayon is a rookie. If you say as always, no team in the EL would take basically 80% of MTA's players, think about who would take Sada. But Barca actually considers Sada valuable. And I do consider Ohayon valuable
                            , first and foremost because of domestic competition but as long as he is doing well in the EL, he should have his fair chance to fight for minutes. I don't really care, if you think otherwise.

As to the video, I posted and unexpected thing (for me) being performed by an Israeli player in MTA dress. When posting videos, people usually don't intend to proclaim the protagonist to be the greatest player on Earth but to highlight a certain action or a series of actions. Even if Ohayon would be the biggest failure in Maccabi's history, I would post this video. I'm a fan of MTA and I'm supporting its squad, especially -the Israeli guys. Get that finally. I have no reason to badmouth its players during a season, when nothing can be changed anyway. Are there better PGs than Ohayon out there? Yes. Are there better Israeli guards than him. Yes. Is there any better fit for Maccabi than Ohayon, as far as we are talking Israeli guards? I doubt it. Guys like Limonad or Naimy are rather scorers and don't have Ohayon's court vision. Mekel still can't play PG properly, Halperin is great but no PG. Nissim is a scorer. Ohayon is a perfect fit for a team full of scorers. He needs to find them and he does just that. As long as he delivers, he can play. If not, he will be valuable in domestic competition, as his international colleagues won't play three games every week.

I won't answer your reaction. As I told you, you totally misinterpret MTA's situation with three leagues and which players are needed for which league. You also don't have a clue what a PG has to bring to the table and what kind of situation and you never value the factor of Ohayon being an Israeli. I want to see Israeli players on MTA, players that can play. Yes, I'd like to see Halperin and Casspi there but with the exception of these two, everybody else of value is playing there. The only one remaining is Landesberg and there are strong rumours that he is going to come over for next season.
                            burnstein

Comment

• first of all, i didnt say anything (and i even deeply hoped it), if ohayon just play il league and adriatic league.
                              but no, he play even el. being an el pg who play 18min per game(!) ,it means u MUST be an organizer, u MUST have a good shoot, u MUST score.
                              he has no shoot, he didnt score,but also, u wrote he is an organizer! i just see confusion when team is drived by him. turnovers in important moments and a team that loose any offensive skill with him . he is just an average defensive player. stop. not enough for el. sada...first of all sada is one of best defensive player of whole europe. second, in barca, with such a players they have, maybe even the pg, doenst need to score. but u can wrote about barca. is an exception. the exception, has u know, confirm the rule

Comment

• Sada is a great defender but game organizer? For a team aiming to win the euroleague? Please!
                                So, Barca's starting five has better scorers than MTA's starting five? Very funny. I though that the difference to Barca is their very long bench that is not much worse than its starting lineup.

Ohayon and turnovers? Open your eyes and check the stats. With him, you hardly have confusion on the floor. But, really, there is no point for discussion here. Yes, he is a bad shooter, yes, he is a rookie in the EL. But if he plays 18 mpg for a strong EL team, then there must be sth. to it. With a different second PG instead of Papaloukas, he would get less PT but he definitely can play on that level. He surprised all of us but you are hard to impress. I remember what you have written about other MTA players in the past. Ohayon was signed for domestic purposes, so his signing was needed. He showed poise and became the second PG. He is not starting material for the EL but he can definitely be the backup PG on a team with enough scorers.

And as to your assumption that assists are easy to get, especially in Europe, it is quite hard to record assists, unlike in the NBA.
                                burnstein

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information