No announcement yet.

Maccabi Electra Tel-Aviv - 2011/2012

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• to be better than an ex player like papa, is easy.it doesnt mean ohayon is a player for certain level. again, he is nothing. no score, many tovers , really a mediocre mediocre player. mta will add in few days mallet. will be fantastic if we will loan ohayon to another israeli team to add also pullen (i m sure papa will be cutted or he will go back to greece)

Comment

• scorers can easly score if u have a pg. one night cant be a prove for your thesis. mta has no pg (for certain level) . i remember you that blatt(the main guilty) is even using langoford as pg because is hard even for him, to see ohayon or papa driving the team

Comment

• Yesterday in 3 minutes of game Papaloukas really helped.. Efes. in his 3 minutes his +/- is -11, again, in a game won by 39 his +/- is -11.. I think it says it all. He had 2 good games but then stopped playing, not because Blatt doesn't like his haircut or stuff like that, simply because his performance dropped, even in his 2 good games what he gave wasn't many assists but points, something he doesn't usually give too much of, he isn't the same player he used to be, on defense he's the weak spot and on offense he's slow, makes many mistakes and forces the other 4 to play his game instead of adjusting himself, he's no longer the huge player he used to be so if he can't adjust himself to the team's game he has no place in a team like Maccabi.
        Everything I said now I said sadly, because Papaloukas is one of my favorite players and has been one despite beating us twice in the final, I was very excited when he joined the team but now he seems like an 'ex-player' as our friend Maccabeo loves to say.
        I don't know if he really will wake up in the money time of the season and tbh I don't even know if he'll be here that long.. right now he just doesn't seem good enough

Comment

• Maccabeo, sorry, but when will you start using your brain instead of your predjudices? Nobody would loan Ohayon, even if he would be a seldom used third PG because he has the Israeli passport and can play in the domestic league. Nobody needs Pullen or Shmullen as long as they have to sit out every game in Israel.

One game? Ohayon orchestrates the offense of his team very well. He makes few turnovers (look at his numbers) but scores many steals and assists. Heck, he even rebounds the ball more than well for a PG. When his teammates were tired, he couldn't do much because you can't pass the ball to players who are standing still and not moving, while if you are not a scorer, you find yourself in a very tough situation in such a case. Apparently, you either didn't watch the latest games of Maccabi or you know squat about how basketball is being played and how a PG can make the offense run.

I have followed Mallet's career since he has played in Braunschweig, Germany. He used to be good, grew even better in Spain but right now I see him on the downside of his career. Yet for the remainder of this season, he could be of help. He is small and not athletic. MTA wanted to have a tall PG and signed Papaloukas. But it doesn't work out, unfortunately. I don't think, he has adjust to Blatt's style of play. Papas is a well known commodity in European basketball and Blatt surely knows his strong sides. Why doesn't he let Papaloukas play pick'n roll with Sofo or, even better, Hendrix? He just brings up hte ball and has to give it up. He won't take his defender one-on-one, he won't shoot the ball, but playing pick'n roll would make him effective on offense. It was a grave mistake by Maccabi to sign him but not make use of what he does best.
          burnstein

Comment

• Originally posted by goga78 View Post
            MTA wanted to have a tall PG and signed Papaloukas. But it doesn't work out, unfortunately. I don't think, he has adjust to Blatt's style of play. Papas is a well known commodity in European basketball and Blatt surely knows his strong sides. Why doesn't he let Papaloukas play pick'n roll with Sofo or, even better, Hendrix? He just brings up hte ball and has to give it up. He won't take his defender one-on-one, he won't shoot the ball, but playing pick'n roll would make him effective on offense. It was a grave mistake by Maccabi to sign him but not make use of what he does best.
            Hendrix isn't pick'n roll player , I mean he makes the right moves but have difficulty finishing. Sofo is , but running pick-n-roll with him isn't the best idea: 1) it consumes too much energy -> Sofo won't be able to play 17.6 MPG like he plays now 2) Sofo has a big body , so PNR is risky cause it makes him vulnerable to offensive fouls . Unfortunately EL refs keep whistling any flop on him ( like 2 offensives he's got against Begic in Real-Maccabi )

Regarding Papa, I think it would be the best for both sides MTA & Papa to part ways this January: Papa is too good to be wasted warming bench & playing garbage minutes.

Comment

• "Ohayon orchestrates the offense of his team very well"
              about him,i think after this your sentence i can easily stop talk about him. nobody in europe think of this but some mta fan and blatt,but its ok (did u ear crowd rumors when ohayon has ther ball in hands? did u ear rumors when he is shooting? watching him on court ,it seems to see a nice guy in the middle of a forrest. totally out of his normal dress that are dress of an average player of a minor league.

about mallet i'm agree with u. i preferred pullen but for 6 matches (mta will,be surely eliminated by top 16) is ok

Comment

• Originally posted by maccabeo View Post
                "Ohayon orchestrates the offense of his team very well"
                about him,i think after this your sentence i can easily stop talk about him. nobody in europe think of this but some mta fan and blatt,but its ok (did u ear crowd rumors when ohayon has ther ball in hands? did u ear rumors when he is shooting? watching him on court ,it seems to see a nice guy in the middle of a forrest. totally out of his normal dress that are dress of an average player of a minor league.

about mallet i'm agree with u. i preferred pullen but for 6 matches (mta will,be surely eliminated by top 16) is ok
                What "rumours"? Man, your English is tough to understand.
                Nobody here is making a superstar out of Ohayon. He is just a very solid pass first bench point guard, even for euroleague, which has some many much better scorers at this position but who are so much worse floor generals and the reason for why their teams never have a chance to win anything. Maccabi offer a better scorer at this position but not a scorer primarily. It has enough scorers on the wings and in the middle. It's PG has to make this unit work and Ohayon does so. If he would be able to knock down his shots consistently, if would be an elite player in the EL. but he doesn't, so he is no superstar but a valuable bench player. for maccabi even more, he is an Israeli player. a pure scorer at pg is needed for third class teams. elite teams need pgs who see plays developing before they happen.
                burnstein

Comment

• I agree with you in both cases. But this is the strongest component of Papaloukas' play and if you don't need it, don't get him. When playing it, he never passes the ball as early as other pgs do, minimizing the risk of offensive foul. Generally, I'm missing pick'n rolls in maccabi's playbook. If Eliyahu would be setting strong picks, if would be perfectly suited for it but right now only Blu is a threat but even he doesn't roll to the basket but step out in a pick'n pop.

Another play that I'm missing is the alley oop. When Brown and Arroyo were driving to the basket, they've found Eliyahu and Fischer very often for alley oops. After that, this play has never been practiced, although Lior is still there and James would be another happy recipient of such passes. It's more effective with such long and athletic players than trying to play a regular pass through the crowd downlow.
                  burnstein

Comment

• I agree with you in both cases. But this is the strongest component of Papaloukas' play and if you don't need it, don't get him. When playing it, he never passes the ball as early as other pgs do, minimizing the risk of offensive foul. Generally, I'm missing pick'n rolls in maccabi's playbook. If Eliyahu would be setting strong picks, if would be perfectly suited for it but right now only Blu is a threat but even he doesn't roll to the basket but step out in a pick'n pop.

Another play that I'm missing is the alley oop. When Brown and Arroyo were driving to the basket, they've found Eliyahu and Fischer very often for alley oops. After that, this play has never been practiced, although Lior is still there and James would be another happy recipient of such passes. It's more effective with such long and athletic players than trying to play a regular pass through the crowd downlow.
                    burnstein

Comment

• about "rumors" i'm sorry. i meant noise.
                      in italian language noise is rumore, that's why i was wrong

u are right. a pg who is just a scorer is for a third class team. i'm agree. but u should say that a pg who is just a good passer with no other qualities, is a thirds class team too. between one who just score and one who just pass the ball, i prefer the first one. we both know an el pg should have many qualities. i' m impressed u consider ohayon an play euroleague. again, nokia's crowd show with their noises , what everybody think about ohayon in mta

Comment

• also i was considering , why scheyer doesnt deserve some chance.
                        this team is not builted to play perimetral. is based on sofo , so if the game doesnt allow shooters to have confortable shoot, u need shooters who are able to invent shoot. this is the main scheyer qualities.

Comment

• Originally posted by maccabeo View Post
                          about "rumors" i'm sorry. i meant noise.
                          in italian language noise is rumore, that's why i was wrong

u are right. a pg who is just a scorer is for a third class team. i'm agree. but u should say that a pg who is just a good passer with no other qualities, is a thirds class team too. between one who just score and one who just pass the ball, i prefer the first one. we both know an el pg should have many qualities. i' m impressed u consider ohayon an play euroleague. again, nokia's crowd show with their noises , what everybody think about ohayon in mta
                          eliyahu was doing alot(16 pt 9 reb 6 ast) and wasn't cheered so much.
                          sofo and papa has been cheered the most-sofo because the crowd love him and papa to cheer hom up.
                          that doesn't mean they don't like him.

its seems like malet gonna replace farmar, personaly i prefer pullen-pullen young and signing him to a long contract will be a good thinking for the future to my opinion.

Comment

• A great game for Maccabi today, and it was very nice to see Papaloukas having a great game, he finished the game with 8p 8a 5r and even though this opponent isn't exactly a Euroleague level team I hope that this is a beginning of something good.

Comment

• things that happen in adriatic league or in il league cant be considered thinking of euroleague. everything happen in minor league , can make distort the truth

Comment

• Since I heard that MTA has signed Demond Mallet, does that means there's no chance for Doron Perkins to join the team again right??

Maccabi Tel Aviv

EUROLEAGUE CHAMPIONSHIPS - 1977 & 1981 & 2001 & 2004 & 2005 & 2014
                                Intercontinental Cup - 1980
                                Adriatic League Championship - 2012

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information