Maccabi Electra Tel-Aviv - 2011/2012

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by maccabeo View Post
    imagine, simply imagine to be a coach who have to face mta.
    u already know that ball will finish to the paint except an eventual langford individual solution. how could u say isnt easier defending a team u already know the way their ball will finish? is simply mathematic that if u ll have other solutions, u'd be harder to face. really elementary
    I will have lots of problems to score against this team, first hand. If I have a good power forward, I might have a mismatch, otherwise I have no positive match-ups.
    On defense, I can either make Langford or Sofo try to beat me one-on-one and see, if they can score enough points or I can double and triple Sofo, close the lane for Langford and risk getting scored on by others. Theory is one thing, reality a different one. Maccabi's offense is easy to read but try to prevent it, if Maccabi always has the better center and the better SG. If talking about predictability, Charleroi played a more versatile basketball than Maccabi. But is there any doubt, which is the better team? No.

also, the more u search for the arch, the more your opponent cant cover at theyr best, the paint
    Absolutely. But it works the other way. You first bring the ball inside and as soon as your big men is getting extra coverage, you work the ball around the lane. But working the ball around the lane is somewhat tough, if you have a ball stopper like Langford, who will always look for the one-on-one game.

plus mta has very good shooters:blu mallet scheyer pnini. is not a casuality that mallet and scheyer are not considered.
    Maccabi has good shooters but Blatt considers the total package. If Smith - a good shooter - doesn't hit his shots, he will continue to be on the court because he will shut down his vis-a-vis. If Mallet doesn't hit his shots, he becomes a handicap. Scheyer is not playing anything resemling of aggressive basketball and Pnini is failing this season. Blu is not a wing player so all of his threes depend on his teammate drawing a double team and kicking the ball quickly to him. Blu is taking almost four threes and almost four deuces per game. Do you want more?

about the fact that every team study his future opponent, this could be truth or not. there are many coaches who prefer having a team that play the same basket always. no matter who is the opponent. in soccer , coaches like guardiola, conte,hiddink, wenger, never will change theyr soccer way of be because of the opponents skills.
    anyay if blatt study his nex opponent's offense, well ,simply numbers says that training the team todefend the arch, is not his best quality
    burnstein

Comment

• Any update on Shawn James's condition yet?

Maccabi Tel Aviv

EUROLEAGUE CHAMPIONSHIPS - 1977 & 1981 & 2001 & 2004 & 2005 & 2014
      Intercontinental Cup - 1980
      Adriatic League Championship - 2012

Comment

• Originally posted by [M-120] View Post
        Any update on Shawn James's condition yet?
        he will play in the next game.

Comment

• i m sorry i cant report the link because i dont remember the site i ve learned it. was reported that is not sure mta will confirm blu.
          it would be crazy. he is our key player who often changed our matches
          one of my favourite player. loosing him it will be a big loss

Comment

i m sorry i cant report the link because i dont remember the site i ve learned it. was reported that is not sure mta will confirm blu.
            it would be crazy. he is our key player who often changed our matches
            one of my favourite player. loosing him it will be a big loss
            Blu is deliberating on hanging his sneakers on the nail after this season.

Other rumours include CSKA being in the hunt after Hendrix, also offering him 1 mio Euros per season. Somehow, different teams appear on the horizon with the same amount of money offered? I do not quite buy it. But CSKA will probably need two new PFs, as Kirilenko and Lavrinovic will probably leave the team. After Goree and Morris he would be yet another Maccabi PF to land in Moscow. Well, it's the talk of offseason anyway.
            burnstein

Comment

• ready for the fatal week?
              i have to say i'm afraid
              not about the results. i already know we are out after 3 matches, but i m afraid loosing by big margins
              it will be important to win at least one match
              to guy from israel: any news about next summer market?

Comment

ready for the fatal week?
                i have to say i'm afraid
                not about the results. i already know we are out after 3 matches, but i m afraid loosing by big margins
                it will be important to win at least one match
                to guy from israel: any news about next summer market?
                hendrix is about to sign with maccabi 2 year contract, he will get around 1 million dollars for each year.
                and there is a rumer that if halperin and landsberg won't come to maccabi so maccabi will try to get moran roth-an israeli pg with a very strong court vision(having 12 points and 8.1 asisst per a game).

Comment

• hendrix in, it will mean macvan out again?it would be crazy!
                  also, will he eventually play as pf(as i hope) or as c?

halperin was a must for us . i guess the problem is his two ys contract in russia. about moran, i dont know him but to play with ohayon and another il pg from il league, it means owner's plan for next year is simply to get the top 16
                  for pg position,if i have ohayon, i need a pg who already showed to be a strong pg in euroleague.
                  and what about ohayon out? so it would be a good step anyway

i'd confirm blu(our real key player), pnini(a great bench player imho), hendrix(just as pf), macvan. no one else
                  in this case we'd need many players
                  Last edited by maccabeo; 03-18-2012, 09:46 PM.

Comment

hendrix in, it will mean macvan out again?it would be crazy!
                    also, will he eventually play as pf(as i hope) or as c?

halperin was a must for us . i guess the problem is his two ys contract in russia. about moran, i dont know him but to play with ohayon and another il pg from il league, it means owner's plan for next year is simply to get the top 16
                    for pg position,if i have ohayon, i need a pg who already showed to be a strong pg in euroleague.
                    and what about ohayon out? so it would be a good step anyway

i'd confirm blu(our real key player), pnini(a great bench player imho), hendrix(just as pf), macvan. no one else
                    in this case we'd need many players
                    let me tell you who will stay for sure:
                    ohayun, pnini, eliyahu, smith.
                    about macvan hendrix case: as it look to me the management see hendrix as a C, also it has been said that if hendrix will sign so macvan will be loan again or mabye will release. even if blu will retire i belive that macvan won't come because hendrix new contract will be expensive, but in such a case hendrix probaly will play as a PF anf new C will come.

Comment

• about ohayon i'm sure he will stay altought i think he is a mediocre playe,but smith in is something crazy!! dramatic percent and some good defensive game. nothing else. really mediocre
                      what to say. if so,this with pana, it will be a quarter final we will not get anymore for long time if this are the kind of plans owners and blatt have

Comment

• Why wont Landesberg come to Maccabi? His contact with Maccabi Haifa expire this year.

Maccabi Tel Aviv

EUROLEAGUE CHAMPIONSHIPS - 1977 & 1981 & 2001 & 2004 & 2005 & 2014
                        Intercontinental Cup - 1980
                        Adriatic League Championship - 2012

Comment

• Originally posted by [M-120] View Post
                          Why wont Landesberg come to Maccabi? His contact with Maccabi Haifa expire this year.
                          maccabi realy want landberg and will talk with him at summer, but their are some rumers that he id wanted in some NBA teams. in a case that he won't come maccabi will talk with halperin, and if halperin won't come so they will try to get moran.

Comment

• as i was afraid about, simply a massacre. an ended match after 10 min
                            it was easy to imagine not because pana is stronger than mta(and it surely is),but because the elementary ofensive basket mta play, is the easiest to defend for a coach like obra.
                            even unics that is a so medocre team, was closer to pana, simply because they played a crazy and irrational basket. mta had chances to win this series just counting on his shooters(mallet blu scheyer). if u doesnt use the arch, if u doesnt move the ball,if u have sofo(the easiest c to read), if u play individually, for an obradovic team, defending,is easier than taking a cup o thea.
                            so yes pana's budget is much bigger, but coaches make differencies bigger.
                            p.s. giving minutes to burstein is something really silly at this level

Comment

as i was afraid about, simply a massacre. an ended match after 10 min
                              it was easy to imagine not because pana is stronger than mta(and it surely is),but because the elementary ofensive basket mta play, is the easiest to defend for a coach like obra.
                              even unics that is a so medocre team, was closer to pana, simply because they played a crazy and irrational basket. mta had chances to win this series just counting on his shooters(mallet blu scheyer). if u doesnt use the arch, if u doesnt move the ball,if u have sofo(the easiest c to read), if u play individually, for an obradovic team, defending,is easier than taking a cup o thea.
                              so yes pana's budget is much bigger, but coaches make differencies bigger.
                              p.s. giving minutes to burstein is something really silly at this level
                              PAO under Obradovic always plays mediocre in January and February and then goes on form until the beginning of June. So when PAO manages to go through the bad time (that falls exactly on Top16), they can do great things. So at this time there is a big difference between the teams.

Comment

• the difference is clear since the beginning but it get larger because of blatt basketball strategy this year
                                a totally failed year by blatt as last here was his greatest season

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information