Maccabi Electra Tel-Aviv - 2011/2012

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by maccabeo View Post
    watching at mta's last two preseason matches there s something make me a little bit more optimistic: this is a more perimetral team tha before!
    i always consider blatt a great defensive coach but just very normal coach to organize offense. he based all mta's offensive basket JUST searching at the paint , by penetrations of his talents, or giving ball to sofo.
    it was a great limit of mta last year. we were the last team considering 3 points attempts. in modern basket ,u cant misconsider the arch. best mta victories in fact happened when blu invented by himself , his classic shots.
    now mta is probably a lesse readable team. we have shooters and a great c(much stronger than sofo imo) and we are waiting for another c.
    the roster is a mix of some very good players(sherma caner hickman pnini) some average players (ely smith james logan) some indecent players (ohayon roth) and some players to discover at certain levels like landsberg ,but this team is surely a more perimetral team and this is a good new. blatt will be costricted to give the team also a perimetral offensive view that will mean also having a better defensive organization vs perimetral offense by opponents.
    yes ,because the more u misconsider the arch while in offense, the less u'll suffer the arch while in defense.
    we were the team with less 3point shoots attemps, but also the team that more suffered opponents shoot by the arch, simply beacause if u dont train perimetral moviment in offense, u cant be a good defensive team vs perimetral opponents.
    so i hope we ll be a more rational team, with more bb styles. penetrations, shoot, paint as a moder team as to be
    about the roster, a lot will depend on hickman. in pesaro he was fantastic. can he play in el like in pesaro? this is the greatest question and will say a lot about our future this year. last but not least, it will be important how many minutes will play ohayon. he less he ll play, the more we will have good chances
    LOL. The same old story. But no one is going to battle it out with you this year ;-)
    burnstein

Comment

• Originally posted by goga78 View Post
      LOL. The same old story. But no one is going to battle it out with you this year ;-)
      u know what? sometimes is not so hard to sai "excuse me". i guess u should

Comment

• Originally posted by maccabeo View Post
        u know what? sometimes is not so hard to sai "excuse me". i guess u should
        Oh, yeah. I guess, there is no reason to "sai" anything else.
        burnstein

Comment

• maccabeo bumped a year old thread but it turns out that goga did battle with him all year.

Comment

• With all due respect to Maccabeo, it's better to ignore someone who's just trying to troll in a certain forum regardless the actual facts just because he hates or dislike a specific person. Even if Blatt will bring LeBron tomoroow, trust Maccabeo to find a reason how to complain about Blatt's behaviour.
            5 times European champion
            50 times domestic league champion
            40 times domestic cup holders
            4 times league cup holders
            1 time Adriatic league champion
            1 time intercontinental cup holders

Comment

• ^^ +1

Maccabi Tel Aviv

EUROLEAGUE CHAMPIONSHIPS - 1977 & 1981 & 2001 & 2004 & 2005 & 2014
              Intercontinental Cup - 1980
              Adriatic League Championship - 2012

Comment

• Originally posted by Idans10 View Post
                With all due respect to Maccabeo, it's better to ignore someone who's just trying to troll in a certain forum regardless the actual facts just because he hates or dislike a specific person. Even if Blatt will bring LeBron tomoroow, trust Maccabeo to find a reason how to complain about Blatt's behaviour.
                to ignore , or to consider my opinion, totally wrong ,is ok. no problem. to write something false to battle other opinions is something shouldnt be allowed. goga wrote something false about me, so goga lost my respect. he could have opposite opinions but cant write something false

Comment

• Originally posted by Jazz View Post
                  maccabeo bumped a year old thread but it turns out that goga did battle with him all year.
                  to battle or comparing different opinions is not a problem. i absolutely like it. im not scared by different opions

Comment

• The problem is not different opinions. The problem is that no matter what happens, for you Blatt is the one to blame, even if the facts tell you otherwise. The problem is that for you, Maccabi has management who do not know how to runs the team and you complain about it over & over & over, but you ignore the fact that Maccabi's management through the last 50 years is the most stable in Europe and achieved so many things without go crazy with the budget, but you will keep to criticize them. And yes, they are not perfect, they make mistakes, Blatt as well, but for you it's always to see the worse in every situation. Are you even a Maccabi fan? With all due respect, you don't seem or sound like one.

Comment

With all due respect to Maccabeo, it's better to ignore someone who's just trying to troll in a certain forum regardless the actual facts just because he hates or dislike a specific person. Even if Blatt will bring LeBron tomoroow, trust Maccabeo to find a reason how to complain about Blatt's behaviour.
                      You are absolutely right and it is obvious to anyone here. That is why I don't respond to maccabeo anymore and if I do, then in short replies. At the beginning, I was against this front against one person (maccabeo) here and tried to encourage people to dialogue but very soon I realized that the guy is just trolling. Not for the sake of him understanding anything for me myself and for the readers, I have written down the actual situation and arguments but you get only trolling back and that in horrible English. I all started with maccabeo voluntarily misspelling Burstein's name (look at my signature). He did it in every post. He was and is constantly writing about Israeli players that are not on MTA. Until a couple of months ago, he couldn't name you a single player since he doesn't follow the Israeli league but he refused to believe Israeli basketball fans, despite the vast majority of them being everything else but die hard Maccabi fans. Yes, most of them support Maccabi but it isn't like that anyone else is their state enemy number one. Now, he has found his new favourite Israeli player: Yuval Naimi. Why? The guy can shoot threes. Actually, this is the only thing he likes in basketball. In fact, I dig three-point shooting, too. Even on personal basketball-related routine :-) But this is not everything in basketball and he fails to understand it. Everything else is "muscles" for him. He was dissing Hendrix all the time but Shermadini was the king. Actually, Shermadini is not a better shooter than Hendrix but at Maccabi, the coach has decided which way to play basketball is more effective. It's better for a big man to bang inside and for the guards to be more mobile and shoot, since they are better at it than Hendrix or Shermadini. One could say, Blatt failed to use Giorgi. True, he could have made some modifications to use him better. But on defense, the Georgian was always late and had major problems. Is this also Blatt's failure? He was giving up more than he could give. On offense, whenever he was isolated, he could not post his vis-a-vis up. He had one good game, when he went to the FT line like 10 times but the whole season he failed to produce. In fact, he is in the EL for several years but has never produced on a high level. So, he was not fitting Blatt's pattern. Blatt likes universal players but it doesn't mean that they should do their own thing on the court. They do whatever is the best option for the team AS A WHOLE. Hendrix was a good scorer in Spain but could be more useful for his team on defense. Smith has been a premium scorer his whole career but was transformed into a defense-first guy in his first year only to show his all-round abilities later on. I think, Blatt's only real failure in these three years was not making better use of Demond Mallet. He is not your first ball-handler but he could be a constant three-point threat. The problem was that Maccabi needed a playmaker and they tabbed Mallet. He was indeed having a great season in Belgium but couldn't transform it at the big stage. Everything else was rather the fault of the management. Signing of Macvan or Planinic, Thomas or Papaloukas, Shermadini or Caner-Medley. I think, Maccabi's management is amateurish in picking players but at the same time they are pressing the coach, forcing him to take a couple of players each season he didn't ask for or even opposed their signing. Maccabeo choses not to believe it but that is how things work at Maccabi lately. He is in the position to refuse but then he has to go away. He is in Israel for family reasons and choses to stay there for now. Noone would give him a better stage than Maccabi and noone would pay him better in Israel. So, he compromises and puts his ego more aside zhan he probably should. He has to deal with a new and weaker roster each year but fans expect at least the Final Four. Fans are not patient and do not give the team time to develop. Remember, how Blatt came to Tel-Aviv three years ago? He came to rebuild the team within three years. Absolutely new players, young and inexperienced were signed. Players, others have give up with (Sofo). What happened? The team was playing by far the best basketball in Europe and went straight to the final. So, the expectations have risen and not dropped since then. An exit in the playoffs was basically counted as a failure.

To tell you all the team interna, MTA players were not unhappy with getting Real. They started the first game well but the second quarter finished the series for the team. They were physically and mentally beyond their limit after playing so many consecutive do-or-die games with a short roster, decimated by injuries and failures in player selection.

Regarding the next season - as I have written before - I think, grave mistakes were made, e.g. the signing of Rice and the signing of Sofo, the Ohayon saga that will continue in Lausanne after today's FIBA Europe ruling, signing of Naimi and the status of Eliyahu. There was not a problem to get a better PG than Rice and Bryant or Davis could be signed for the center position. Tyus was a good pick up of an energizer with high athleticism and the Israeli passport. Joe Ingles? A surely good player and I believe he will fit in nicely. But here, Maccabi didn't go by necessity but by the best player available. I'm disappointed, since the management didn't learn from mistakes of the last season.
                      burnstein

Comment

• I won't reply regarding Maccabeo's issue since you and I are in the same page in this matter.

Regarding the next season - as I have written before - I think, grave mistakes were made, e.g. the signing of Rice and the signing of Sofo, the Ohayon saga that will continue in Lausanne after today's FIBA Europe ruling, signing of Naimi and the status of Eliyahu. There was not a problem to get a better PG than Rice and Bryant or Davis could be signed for the center position. Tyus was a good pick up of an energizer with high athleticism and the Israeli passport. Joe Ingles? A surely good player and I believe he will fit in nicely. But here, Maccabi didn't go by necessity but by the best player available. I'm disappointed, since the management didn't learn from mistakes of the last season.
                        Completely agree. For me Rice was the worse mistake because it seems like we'll have a duplication of Hickman rather then to bring a PG like Planinic', Huertas or maybe the type that Blatt loves like Bobby Brown. Then you have Yogev saga, which is bad for us but on the other hand, Yogev basically is eating his own "meal" since he acted in a stupidity way last summer. As for Eliyahu, I cannot complain regarding the management. They felt that they made mistake by over paid him so they decided to open his contract and to compensate him with 100K according to the contract. Now, if Eliyahu will get a better contract with a European club, I'll wish him all the best, but it doesn't seem like it and I think that his ego won't let him to take Maccabi's now but realistic offer. With Sofo, a player that I like a lot, I still have the hope that he'll play like in his first season here, but I also take the posibility that the guy will not be so effective for us and I do agree that we could bring better players in the same amount.

Damn...I think we should return to the 2013-14 thread.

Comment

• actually i have no time to read your post, i'll do later. i guess i ll find something nice surely to reed.
                          well ,why cohen didnt play tonight as reported in mta site? already cutted by blatt as all big men who are able to shoot??
                          it would be a big error

Comment

... Huertas or maybe the type that Blatt loves like Bobby Brown.
                            i have to inform u, blatt doesnt like huertas . the brazialian could come two years ago, but since he is not a JUST DEFENDIVE PLAYER as blatt want, no way for him in yellow. also, u should know ,brown has nothing to be the player for blatt . i'd love both a lot.
                            i'm really imressed somebody would be still glad to see again eli in yellow!

Comment

• Originally posted by goga78 View Post
                              ... Now, he has found his new favourite Israeli player: Yuval Naimi.
                              is two year i was dreaming of naimi. it was enough to see him two time in my life . was enough
                              . a very good player, much much better than ohyaon. ops, naimi is israeli i guess.. and what about blu that i always named as one of my favourite ever ?

Originally posted by goga78 View Post
                              Shermadini is not a better shooter than Hendrix
                              i hope u are simply joking
                              Originally posted by goga78 View Post
                              But on defense, the Georgian was always late and had major problems. Is this also Blatt's failure?
                              no team in world play and consider player because they are MAINLY OR JUST defensive players. there are also scorers, shooters who arent great defensive players, but make win matches scoring scoring scoring. there are two basket. one, is the one u have to score.
                              when blatt misconsider a player, it is clear from summer. that playe will not have chance to play. shermadini never had chances to really feel confidence. ginving him 5 matches letting him play 20 min per game would show us what kind of modern c he is.
                              blatt klike suniversal players?? the one who play more than every other player is universal???
                              and sofo? is an universal c? hendrix??
                              mallet was the lonely failure by blatt?? funny. just with blatt we had the nightmare having in yellow, ohayon . but i guess u are forgetting papa, ely, burstein,green,thomas.
                              why having sofo in big trouble he misconsidered james in his first season with us? we had lost our playoff because of sofo problems!
                              why last year he didint give time to landesberg?
                              tyus an energic player...? energic player with no hands, but for blatt is enough

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information