Page 26 of 29 FirstFirst ... 162425262728 ... LastLast

Thread: Maccabi Electra Tel-Aviv - 2011/2012

ready for the fatal week?
    i have to say i'm afraid
    not about the results. i already know we are out after 3 matches, but i m afraid loosing by big margins
    it will be important to win at least one match
    to guy from israel: any news about next summer market?

Quote Originally Posted by maccabeo View Post
    ready for the fatal week?
    i have to say i'm afraid
    not about the results. i already know we are out after 3 matches, but i m afraid loosing by big margins
    it will be important to win at least one match
    to guy from israel: any news about next summer market?
    hendrix is about to sign with maccabi 2 year contract, he will get around 1 million dollars for each year.
    and there is a rumer that if halperin and landsberg won't come to maccabi so maccabi will try to get moran roth-an israeli pg with a very strong court vision(having 12 points and 8.1 asisst per a game).

hendrix in, it will mean macvan out again?it would be crazy!
    also, will he eventually play as pf(as i hope) or as c?

halperin was a must for us . i guess the problem is his two ys contract in russia. about moran, i dont know him but to play with ohayon and another il pg from il league, it means owner's plan for next year is simply to get the top 16
    for pg position,if i have ohayon, i need a pg who already showed to be a strong pg in euroleague.
    and what about ohayon out? so it would be a good step anyway

i'd confirm blu(our real key player), pnini(a great bench player imho), hendrix(just as pf), macvan. no one else
    in this case we'd need many players
    Last edited by maccabeo; 03-18-2012 at 09:46 PM.

hendrix in, it will mean macvan out again?it would be crazy!
    also, will he eventually play as pf(as i hope) or as c?

halperin was a must for us . i guess the problem is his two ys contract in russia. about moran, i dont know him but to play with ohayon and another il pg from il league, it means owner's plan for next year is simply to get the top 16
    for pg position,if i have ohayon, i need a pg who already showed to be a strong pg in euroleague.
    and what about ohayon out? so it would be a good step anyway

i'd confirm blu(our real key player), pnini(a great bench player imho), hendrix(just as pf), macvan. no one else
    in this case we'd need many players
    let me tell you who will stay for sure:
    ohayun, pnini, eliyahu, smith.
    about macvan hendrix case: as it look to me the management see hendrix as a C, also it has been said that if hendrix will sign so macvan will be loan again or mabye will release. even if blu will retire i belive that macvan won't come because hendrix new contract will be expensive, but in such a case hendrix probaly will play as a PF anf new C will come.

about ohayon i'm sure he will stay altought i think he is a mediocre playe,but smith in is something crazy!! dramatic percent and some good defensive game. nothing else. really mediocre
    what to say. if so,this with pana, it will be a quarter final we will not get anymore for long time if this are the kind of plans owners and blatt have

Why wont Landesberg come to Maccabi? His contact with Maccabi Haifa expire this year.

Maccabi Tel Aviv

EUROLEAGUE CHAMPIONSHIPS - 1977 & 1981 & 2001 & 2004 & 2005
    Intercontinental Cup - 1980
    Adriatic League Championship - 2012

Quote Originally Posted by [M-120] View Post
    Why wont Landesberg come to Maccabi? His contact with Maccabi Haifa expire this year.
    maccabi realy want landberg and will talk with him at summer, but their are some rumers that he id wanted in some NBA teams. in a case that he won't come maccabi will talk with halperin, and if halperin won't come so they will try to get moran.

as i was afraid about, simply a massacre. an ended match after 10 min
    it was easy to imagine not because pana is stronger than mta(and it surely is),but because the elementary ofensive basket mta play, is the easiest to defend for a coach like obra.
    even unics that is a so medocre team, was closer to pana, simply because they played a crazy and irrational basket. mta had chances to win this series just counting on his shooters(mallet blu scheyer). if u doesnt use the arch, if u doesnt move the ball,if u have sofo(the easiest c to read), if u play individually, for an obradovic team, defending,is easier than taking a cup o thea.
    so yes pana's budget is much bigger, but coaches make differencies bigger.
    p.s. giving minutes to burstein is something really silly at this level

as i was afraid about, simply a massacre. an ended match after 10 min
    it was easy to imagine not because pana is stronger than mta(and it surely is),but because the elementary ofensive basket mta play, is the easiest to defend for a coach like obra.
    even unics that is a so medocre team, was closer to pana, simply because they played a crazy and irrational basket. mta had chances to win this series just counting on his shooters(mallet blu scheyer). if u doesnt use the arch, if u doesnt move the ball,if u have sofo(the easiest c to read), if u play individually, for an obradovic team, defending,is easier than taking a cup o thea.
    so yes pana's budget is much bigger, but coaches make differencies bigger.
    p.s. giving minutes to burstein is something really silly at this level
    PAO under Obradovic always plays mediocre in January and February and then goes on form until the beginning of June. So when PAO manages to go through the bad time (that falls exactly on Top16), they can do great things. So at this time there is a big difference between the teams.

the difference is clear since the beginning but it get larger because of blatt basketball strategy this year
    a totally failed year by blatt as last here was his greatest season

there was an artical in some site that say that ettero mesina and the lakers have interest in ohayun and they want him to play in the NBA summer league to check his abilities.

ahahahaha
    sorry not for u obviously
    the most ridiculous think ever

as reported by sportitalia during the game , mta is over aron jackson (NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO)

Is it true that Scheyer is now in the States and will not return to Maccabi?
    burnstein

Quote Originally Posted by goga78 View Post
    Is it true that Scheyer is now in the States and will not return to Maccabi?
    yes he will try again to get into the NBA.

maccabi want a new center, two players that they interest in are shermedini from cantu and alex maric from panathinaikos
    also the negotiation with hendrix didn't succeed and probably he will leave maccabi next year.

Quote Originally Posted by ironwill23 View Post
    yes he will try again to get into the NBA.

maccabi want a new center, two players that they interest in are shermedini from cantu and alex maric from panathinaikos
    also the negotiation with hendrix didn't succeed and probably he will leave maccabi next year.

Then why have they reported that they have signed Hendrix for an extension? I don't think we will know the facts before the season (at least the EL season) has ended.
    Shermadini would be good. Maric - not. The whole game has to be cut to him. This is the case with all Partizan players who post up huge numbers, playing for this club. Usually their centers, who often enough fail in other surroundings (Milojevic, Maric...) He is good but really nothing special. Shermadini is more versatile.

In a different club, Hendrix would be allowed to do more and different things. I think, his effectiveness would go down as right now he concentrates on things he can do really well and not just mediocre.
    burnstein

shermadini is one of my dream. simply a marvellous european c
    also, he is a c who cant fit nba ,so i ll sign him for 5 years . i love him as one of best c in last decade
    is clear we'd need two c (if hendrix will go or if he will be used -as i hope- in pf position)
    shermadini macavan hendrix blu pnini (in good health)would be an interesting group to start. other players should be all released.
    yes, even ely. i think we should start thinking about him. i guess we 'd need searching for another il player instead of him. he showed too often many limits
    please be far from a.jackson , the bad copy of pargo, very discontinuos players. u never can trust on him. u simply has to hope in his good mood
    p.s. i dont think mccalleb will stay in siena ...he and perkins would be great together (ohayon could be lonaed - better released imho)
    p.p.s mta is playing ad league, the best market for yout talents. i guess one ex-yu player could be under our eyes
    Last edited by maccabeo; 03-31-2012 at 10:47 AM.

i think next year maccabi should build a roster which will be able to beat panathinaikos

Quote Originally Posted by baldur View Post
    i think next year maccabi should build a roster which will be able to beat panathinaikos
    good idea , but i have a feeling that this will pao's last year at the european elite for a long time...

anyway, as it seems by blu's comments most of the chances that he will retire, in the last game he reminding that mabye this will be his last game in the euroleague and there are alot of thing to do exept basketball. the management will try alot to keep him and will upgrade his salary if it will make him stay.

wich is main reason he want to retire?
    he is imho our key and most important player it would be a big loss

Page 26 of 29 FirstFirst ... 162425262728 ... LastLast