Utah Jazz thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Utah Jazz thread

It seems like no one on here likes to talk about my beloved Jazz. With the lottery results out the Jazz seem to have lots of options at 3 and 12. I think shooting for Kanter with the 3rd pick would make a lot of sense. Let him come in and develop with Okur as a mentor. Then with 12 it has to be Jimmer, right?

I know people are saying this year's draft is really weak after the top 2, but it seems like the Jazz will have some good options anyway.
    www.asiabasketballupdate.com

twitter: asiabballupdate

I agree, drafting Enes Kanter is viable and pairing up the young Turkish center with slotman Al Jefferson, who can play power forward. It creates a Double Tower of Power combination that is quite similar to what the Memphis Grizzlies have found success on their post season run.

Jimmer Fredette at number 12, if Fredette is still available, could also work well. Then again there is Devin Harris who is still serviceable when healthy. Harris to start to be backed up my Fredette would be an initial step as Fredette will undergo the transition phase like all rookies. That is if Fredette is still available come when the Jazz are on the clock at 12.

Also, the expiring contract of Andre Kirilenko is an interesting proposition where if Kirilenko signs elsewhere, the Jazz has cap space to add roster needs via free agency.

Looking at the impending Free Agents (Unrestricted) players from the Utah Jazz:

Francisco Elson
    Kyrylo Fesenko
    Andrei Kirilenko
    C.J. Miles (Team Option)
    Ronnie Price
    Earl Watson

The Jazz need better role players.
    Last edited by CKR13; 05-18-2011, 02:47 AM.
    Sacramento Kings
    HERE WE STAY UNTIL THE COWBELLS COME HOME

Comment

Assuming Enes Kanter will be drafted in top10, the Jazz is the only team I'd rather him be going. He'll have a buddy in Cavs (Semih Erden) as well, but those teams cannot be compared to the Jazz, even with Sloan gone.
      5 out 6 scientists say Russian roulette is safe.

Comment

Jazz's Third Overall Pick

Interesting read from Fansided.

Utah Jazz: Early 3rd Pick Possibilities

The Jazz are reportedly seeking a point guard on the draft but finds Kanter a prospect that is too good to pass up on.
        Sacramento Kings

Comment

Utah GM Kevin O'Connor has been enamored with Knight since the season and now is in position to grab him as a replacement to Deron Williams.

Comment

Originally posted by alex15 View Post
            Utah GM Kevin O'Connor has been enamored with Knight since the season and now is in position to grab him as a replacement to Deron Williams.
            Brandon Knight could be the Third Overall Pick by the Utah Jazz. This off-season, Earl Watson and Ronnie Price will both be unrestricted free agents and could sign elsewhere. On that event, only Devin Harris remains, so drafting Knight, spurned by the potential of this young prospect could be a move for the future of the Jazz. I can see the Jazz trading away Harris to another team sometime in the future.
            Sacramento Kings

Comment

Originally posted by CKR13 View Post
              Brandon Knight could be the Third Overall Pick by the Utah Jazz. This off-season, Earl Watson and Ronnie Price will both be unrestricted free agents and could sign elsewhere. On that event, only Devin Harris remains, so drafting Knight, spurned by the potential of this young prospect could be a move for the future of the Jazz. I can see the Jazz trading away Harris to another team sometime in the future.
              The # 1 rule of thumb is never trade an young All-star to make room for a rookie, who you don't know if he's going to plan out anyway, in a weak draft, unless you get 3 or more quality players who can help the team win immediately or Lebron in return
              ABUSADOR !!!, ABUSADOR !!!, ABUSADOR !!!, ABUSADOR !!!, ABUSADOR !!!

Comment

Originally posted by Ciscorlie Horford View Post
                The # 1 rule of thumb is never trade an young All-star to make room for a rookie, who you don't know if he's going to plan out anyway, in a weak draft, unless you get 3 or more quality players who can help the team win immediately or Lebron in return
                I disagree and your #1 rule of thumb applies to only to the likes of Kevin Durant and Derrick Rose; so forth. Devin Harris was a salary dump, meaning to match the salary of Deron Williams when the Utah Jazz traded Williams to the Nets. The Jazz will not even build around Harris. The Jazz were not even enthusiastic on acquiring Harris (Hey better than nothing). Harris is no longer young, he is 28 and injuries over the years had the effect on the yearly fall of his production. If the Jazz do draft Knight, then Harris will have to go and this is where your suggestion will do good: Harris for role players.

But if Harris can be healthy going into training camp, the Jazz might have some use for him.
                Last edited by CKR13; 05-21-2011, 10:08 AM.
                Sacramento Kings

Comment

Here's my possible draft duos

a) Brandon Knight/ Jordan Hamilton

In my opinion I really like Brandon Knight for the third pick. I think that he will put a Tyreke Evans number in his rookie year plus 3 to the 4 years from I have a feeling he will be the best point guard in his class. I like Jordan Hamilton I know he takes a lot of bad shots but it can be corrected. His ability to create his own shot is his NBA skills. He can be a big time scorer in the future like his potential too.

b) Enes Kanter/ Jimmer Freddette

Another option is we can take Enes Kanter, I think he is the best international prospect in this year draft. What if he was able to play in kentucky this year, do you think he will be considered the number 1 pick? I've seen this guy play internationally I think he will be a great player in the future and for our 12 pick we take Jimmer Freddette first he will sell tickets because he is a hometown, the so called experts predicts that he will not do well because of lack of athleticism in the NBA it's really interesting Jimmer must learn how to be a pass first point guard I know in a BYU he was ask to shoot almost 80% of the shots but in the NBA he has a different role it will take time to adjust to that.

c) Brandon Knight/ Jimmer Freddette

Why not? Both guys can play the two position.

Comment

Some time ago in DraftExpress's twitter I have read that Jazz is seriously interested in Motiejūnas but don't know which pick. And just have read about Kanter that he doesn't want to play for Jazz. Don't know how much of it is true.
                    I'm on twitter

Comment

David Stockton works out for the Jazz. David is the son of former Jazz great John Stockton.

Sacramento Kings

Comment

Originally posted by CKR13 View Post
                        I disagree and your #1 rule of thumb applies to only to the likes of Kevin Durant and Derrick Rose; so forth. Devin Harris was a salary dump, meaning to match the salary of Deron Williams when the Utah Jazz traded Williams to the Nets. The Jazz will not even build around Harris. The Jazz were not even enthusiastic on acquiring Harris (Hey better than nothing). Harris is no longer young, he is 28 and injuries over the years had the effect on the yearly fall of his production. If the Jazz do draft Knight, then Harris will have to go and this is where your suggestion will do good: Harris for role players.

But if Harris can be healthy going into training camp, the Jazz might have some use for him.
                        To clarify, I never said that was MY rule of thumb. I said THE rule of thumb. But I thought Devin Harris was 26 not 28 thus the rule does not apply to him anyway. But, I do not think Knight would be better than Harris, this is the weakest draft class in history, in a different, draft Knight would not make it to the top 10. He did a smart thing by declaring himself to the draft this year. I thought Perry needed to do the same thing, it will be more difficult to crack the top ten in next year's draft

Originally posted by sagenas View Post
                        Some time ago in DraftExpress's twitter I have read that Jazz is seriously interested in Motiejūnas but don't know which pick. And just have read about Kanter that he doesn't want to play for Jazz. Don't know how much of it is true.
                        I have not seen Motiejunas that high in any mock but I might be wrong. The main concern with he is that he might be the next Bargnani, a player that score a lot of points in a very inefficient fashion, but does not hustle, play defense, or play smart, shoots too much, and can not rebound even if he is being guarded by a 5 footer and thus can not help his team win.

It is a shame that all European players have that label here but that is mainly because Bargnani has given European players that fame. Before Bargnani people use to refer to European players as soft, but that was it, now Bargnani has given European players another dimension to the preview label European players had before.
                        Last edited by Ciscorlie Horford; 06-02-2011, 06:32 PM.
                        ABUSADOR !!!, ABUSADOR !!!, ABUSADOR !!!, ABUSADOR !!!, ABUSADOR !!!

Comment

To clarify, I never said that was MY rule of thumb. I said THE rule of thumb. But I thought Devin Harris was 26 not 28 thus the rule does not apply to him anyway. But, I do not think Knight would be better than Harris, this is the weakest draft class in history, in a different, draft Knight would not make it to the top 10. He did a smart thing by declaring himself to the draft this year. I thought Perry needed to do the same thing, it will be more difficult to crack the top ten in next year's draft
                          Honestly, the Jazz seems infatuated with Knight just as the same way I do. We'll see how Knight and sophomore Favors can build Utah.
                          Sacramento Kings

Comment

Jazz open for business

Utah Jazz General Manager Kevin O'Connor told the Desert News that all current players on the roster are open for negotiations on future trades.
                            Sacramento Kings

Comment

The Utah Jazz have drafted Enes Kanter at #3 and Alec Burks at #12.
                              Sacramento Kings

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information