Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The announcement for a permanent commissioner, which had been scheduled for today has been postponed.

I knew that was too easy.

Comment

Jamario Moon will practice with Quebec and help with the coaching, but apparently isn't playing:
      Originally posted by Fedfan
      Most ppl get childish when they lose.
      Originally posted by GuTO
      refs in games of Spain walks with literally poop in his pants afraid of the Spanish players

Comment

The Oshawa Power have signed Canadian National Team veteran and former NBA and D-League player, Denham Brown.

GREAT WORK!

Comment

I just read that regular season games for the NBL Canada will be streamed online. Most likely it will be on their home site nblcanada.ca. Would've liked to have seen them get a tv deal, but perhaps that will happen once they get more established. Anyways, us fans in Canada and whoever else will get to see their games.

Comment

Summerside Stom 97 Moncton Miracles 86
            Sacramento Kings
            HERE WE STAY UNTIL THE COWBELLS COME HOME

Comment

Day 1 of regular season: Quebec Kebs 102 Moncton Miracles 97.

Comment

London Lightning and Summerside Storm knock off founding teams Halifax and Quebec, respectively.

Comment

Is Halifax's Pep Claros the first European to be head coach of a pro team in the USA/Canada?
                  Originally posted by Fedfan
                  Most ppl get childish when they lose.
                  Originally posted by GuTO
                  refs in games of Spain walks with literally poop in his pants afraid of the Spanish players

Comment

London Lightning's Gabe Freeman has been named Player of the Week.

Sacramento Kings
                    HERE WE STAY UNTIL THE COWBELLS COME HOME

Comment

London is 4-0.

Comment

The London lightning and Halifax Rainmen have completed the first trade of the season! Tyrone Levett to Halifax and Rodney Buford to London.

Also, Halifax Rainmen's Joey Haywood won player of the week for week 2.

Comment

Speculation today that Matt Bonner might sign with a team in the NBL Canada. Bonner was born in New Hampshere and his wife is Canadian.

Comment

NBL Canada announces permanent commissioner

Press Releases
                            Date: Nov 24, 2011

THE NATIONAL BASKETBALL LEAGUE OF CANADA APPOINT JOHN KENNEDY AS COMMISSIONER

For Immediate Release

(TORONTO, ON)The National Basketball League of Canada is thrilled to appoint John Kennedy as the league’s first commissioner.

“We’re excited to welcome John to the NBL Canada team,” said President and CEO of NBL Canada, Andre Levingston. “John has an extensive background working in professional sports as a business development manager, strategic planner, event marketer and scout.

Over the years, John has developed many important business relationships and the league looks forward to flourishing under his leadership.”

As commissioner, Mr. Kennedy will act as NBL Canada’s governing body and will help raise awareness of the league by building strong business and community relationships in all seven of the leagues markets and across the country.

"I'm excited and honored by the faith shown by the ownership group in my abilities to positively impact NBL Canada as a viable sports and entertainment organization,” said Kennedy. “I look forward to building relationships with the many fans of professional basketball in Canada, and also with prospective sponsors."

Born and raised in Windsor, Ontario, Kennedy joins NBL Canada after founding J. Kennedy and Associates nearly twelve years ago. J. Kennedy & Associates is a sports and entertainment marketing company based out of Los Angeles.

Some of Kennedy’s clients included the Los Angeles Lakers, Magna Entertainment, Horse-Racing Television and the Asian and European PGA Tours.

Prior to starting J. Kennedy and Associates, Kennedy worked on a variety of projects dealing with strategic advertising and media sales, integrated corporate partnerships, new business development, event marketing, merchandising and promotions.

The inaugural NBL Canada regular season kicked-off October 29, 2011 in Quebec City. For up-to-date scores, schedules, statistics, and ticket information or to watch live game webcasts, visit www.nblcanada.ca.

-30-

Media Contact:

Bailey Williams

Director of Public Relations, National Basketball League of Canada

Phone: 647.388.9669

E-mail: media@nblcanada.ca

About the National Basketball League of Canada

Founded in 2011, the National Basketball League of Canada is the nation’s only professional basketball league. Seven teams - Halifax Rainmen, London Lightning, Moncton Miracles, Oshawa Power, Quebec Kebs, Saint John Mill Rats and Summerside Storm - will play in the inaugural 2011-12 season and the league is poised for continued expansion across Canada. NBL Canada is headquartered in Toronto, Ont. NBL Canada is committed to developing the next generation of Canadian athletes and raising the excitement for and awareness of basketball throughout the country.

For more information on the league, visit www.nblcanada.ca. Connect with us on Twitter at www.twitter.com/nblcanadaor Facebook at www.facebook.com./nblcanada.

Comment

From what I've seen, it's good basketball. The players are either at or just below the level of the NBA D-League, but it's highly competitive. There are a few former NBA'ers in the league. The one complaint I have is some of the teams have very poor webcasts. Halifax, St. John and Oshawa generally have very good webcasts. I really want to see them get a national tv deal in Canada, but that will be a challenge the the NBA about to be back in business. I also hope to see them expand out west so I could catch a game in person. One of the hopes of the league is to develop more players for the national team, but I would like to see them raise their minimum number of Canadians per team. Right now it's 2 minimum. Maybe 4 or 5 would be better.

Comment

Windsor could join NBL Canada in season 2.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information