Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

if usa invite all the talent into nt , can they win wc ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• if usa invite all the talent into nt , can they win wc ?

i have watched some match dream team i played in barcelona , i found in 1992 eurteam also throw a lot of 3 point , and play zone defence , deferent betweet now and 1992 is that they throw 3 point much accurate . the style between dti and dt7 is very similar , only different is the individial ability between dt1 and dt7 , so i doult if usa have all the talent like cobe and others , can they win the wc ?
    faith in PAOK 06-07
    PAOK WILL WIN!!!!!!WAIT assoyo JOIN!!!!!!!

Yes.I dont remember a US team that impressed me with its roster since the one Kidd played in (dont remember which).This roster though should be chosen not by picking the most famous players but by trying to make it more ''complete''. The US have a very large number of players to pick from.
    Does anybody think that the best American PGs today are Paul and Hinrich?

Comment

they can win only with better chemistry...
      ALPHONSO R.I.P.

Comment

Originally posted by c_fish
        Yes.I dont remember a US team that impressed me with its roster since the one Kidd played in (dont remember which).This roster though should be chosen not by picking the most famous players but by trying to make it more ''complete''. The US have a very large number of players to pick from.
        Does anybody think that the best American PGs today are Paul and Hinrich?
        Both, Yes and No. They would be very powerful if they had Shaq, KG, Kobe etc. on the other hand they had great players this year too. LeBron, Wade are a MVP candidates already, Anthony, Jamison are superstars on their teams. Paul is ROY, and a TOP10 PG in the NBA IMO. They had the team play aswell.

And lets remember when USA struggle started. In Sydney Olympics they had few players at their prime (Smith, Mourning), they had KG, they had VC at his best Raptor times, they had two great point guards in Payton and Kidd. And they started to struggle. They didn't crush everyone. And if not McDyess they wouldn't have won the gold. Also they were trailing to France like for 20 minutes in the final, if i'm not mistaken...

Comment

What if, what if what if?

This can be said about any team. But at the end of the day now it is clear it is an even global competition and it is the team on the day that play their A game that will win, regardless how much they are paid to strut their stuff in the media circus that the NBA has become....

Comment

What if Lithuania had Sharas and Big Z?

If Spain added Vazquez (what happened with Lopez's game)?

If the U.S. put out a roster of say:

PF - Tim Duncan (C) Kevin Garnett (C) Jermaine O'Neal (C)
            SF - Lebron James (G) Vince Carter (G) Carmelo Anthony (G)
            C - Shaquille O'Neal Chris Bosh (F)
            PG - Jason Kidd Chauncy Billups
            SG - Kobe Bryant (F) Dwyane Wade

(somewhere AI should fit in...)

That would definitly be the favorite. However, this team would still have to play together to get chemistry (especially on D). Talent alone, doesn't win the big one.

I still think Coach K. would be the best coach for the team. D'Antoni and co. provide solid assistants too.

Either way - for the most part - I like the team they have (thought, add Josh Howard J.J. Reddick [need a shooter badly and he can move without the ball - SOMETHING THAT MOST NBAers SEEM TO FORGET ABOUT) and for Antwan Jamison and Joe Johnson).
            Last edited by Czarkazem13; 09-13-2006, 09:13 PM.

Comment

Problem is not everyne wants to play for US.

If we had everyone, we'd win one regardless of chemistry.
              My Blog: http://wwoib.blogspot.com/

Statistics Wish List:
              1990 Asian Games -in Beijing, CHN
              1991 Pan Am Games -in Havana, CUB
              1991 South American Championships -in Valencia, VEN
              1991 Oceania Championship -in NZ
              1991 Asian Basketball Championship -in Kobe, JPN
              1992 African Basketball Championship -in Cairo, EGY
              1992 Euro Olympic Basketball Tournament -in Spain

Comment

interesting....

win the wc with the preparation time teamusa got nah i wouldnt say so. the competition of basketball globally has significantly climbed the ladder. another thing is it's a different style of basketbal in terms of the international rules and setup of defense(pure defense i must humbly state). without bias to the ghost fouling and nba traveling calls, if it were on an nba court anyday of the week id say the current teamusa squad would win.

i wish big diesel would play but he probably wont ever again.

take out antawn jamison imho of the squad and also brad miller<--he is too slow (i feel kinda bad tohugh for him beign taken out of the squad)

add adam morrison in to replace jamison, bosh as center...hhmm i dont think he is big enough, i dont know what to do with him in the squad shuffle.

but yes i think reddick and morrison shouldve been on the squad.

i wasnt impressed with lebron, tooooo many 1v1 and why the fukc did he bring the ball up @ times!?! it still boggles my mind... yeah he's athletic and all and definitely going to be a great player someday but his court iq is definitely subpar imho

if kobe doesnt have anymore surgeries, im sure he'd be on the squad automatically.

paul is definitely a good pure pg and id like him around on the squad. hinrich too, although he should serve as backup as what he seemed to do

overall though teamusa just needs to develop team chemistry, gone are the days of putting a suad together 1 mo or less and say "Okay TeamUsa go get gold" its just being realistic. hopefully though for the 3 yrs these players are committing, they actually learn zone defense!!!! my god i dont know if coach k ever let boeheim just purely coach them on zone defense or not, but i remembered seeing one time a 2-3 zone by team usa and it was horrible, horrible!!! my intramurals team could play better zone defense in terms of how its supposed to work, and where players are supposed to shift etc
                "A nationality that easily feels wronged is an insecure one, and one that will be difficult to progress."-Anonymous

Comment

Originally posted by Ice Head
                  they can win only with better chemistry...
                  100% right.
                  The USA got the best players in the world...but NBA is a diffranet ball game...and is more 1-1 rather than true team play.

If they can put Ego aside(and sorry but they have a huge Ego)they can make a better chemistry that will lead to a truly good team play.

Even if you'd bring Kidd at the PG stat hell still try to give a "show off" pass rather than an "effactive" pass...NBA IS NBA...WC IS WC....
                  europen teams and the rest of the world has improved since the true 92 dream team...they no longer say:"wow there NBA lest clear the court and see them dunk or make cool hoops".

Also a europen coach is needed...US coaches lack the understanding of the international play.

But yes a team of:
                  C-Shaq
                  PF- KG
                  SF- King James
                  SG- Wade
                  PG- Kidd
                  with that roster and true team play and a euro coach to lead them...no one can stop them at all.

I understand some will say AI and KB should have been at the above list but:
                  AI isnt better than Wade...and KB is a very selfish player that is likely never to understand what is team play...no arrgue that hes an amazing player but team play is not hes style.

and SHAQ is still the LCL-last center left.

Comment

lebron @ the hems of sf? i would much rather have crmelo he can shoott he ball and has a much better udnerstanding of zone defense. did you see LB in several games bring up the ball nad try to take on guys who would trap him high or pressure him from zone and sitll woldnt pass, idiot

and no teamusa does not need a new coach it would just leave the team further behind when trying to build team chemistry ebcause that would mean tey would have to start from scratch. leave it as is and develop more
                    "A nationality that easily feels wronged is an insecure one, and one that will be difficult to progress."-Anonymous

Comment

The amazing thing about Lebron is that he can play both F and G positions.
                      But due to the fact Wade and Kidd are better than Lebron at the SG-PG positions due to expirance...I would preffer Lebron if it was up to me at the SF position.
                      Regardless of what hes still more talnted than crmelo.
                      Also to the fact hes more a team player works for him(more than 6 APG).

but its just an opinion.

Comment

a team player, maybe more so in the NBA but int he wc i didnt see much team play from him when i jsut stated previously he would still try to dribble the ball on a trap high or when they would pressure him from a zone

yeah he has much better talent overall than anthony, and i dont disagree with you but hey its not an individual game in the intl ball its team play and he lacks it compared to others

Comment

True also...
                          You can have many gr8 players...you just need a coach that understand the international play and can teach them to work as a group and the diffrance between the NBA style and the International style.

than, I dont see USA not wining again.

Comment

Originally posted by Bball
                            than, I dont see USA not wining again.
                            I agree - Whether they win or not they will keep wining. Sorry - couldn't help it.

"...uh, is there anyone, like, cool in here?"

Comment

Originally posted by Bball
                              The amazing thing about Lebron is that he can play both F and G positions.
                              But due to the fact Wade and Kidd are better than Lebron at the SG-PG positions due to expirance...I would preffer Lebron if it was up to me at the SF position.
                              Regardless of what hes still more talnted than crmelo.
                              Also to the fact hes more a team player works for him(more than 6 APG).

but its just an opinion.
                              Wade is a PG?
                              and Kidd will not play, he's too old and I think he was not invited (?).

besides, what you are listing as something that team USA should learn and they will be unbeatable are complicated things. "teach them to work as a group and the diffrance between the NBA style and the International style" - this is a huge job to do. and I believe it's impossible to acomplish if NBA stays as it is. unless they form the NT from the international American players - but this is not an option anymore, it will never happen, imho, and it shouldn't happen too.
                              stop russia

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information