Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: CIRCBALL .... new version of Basketball by a Filipino

Default CIRCBALL .... new version of Basketball by a Filipino

What is Circball ????
    CircBall (TM)

CircBall (TM) is a new sports invention using a unique circular court and a cool cluster ring baskets.

The circular court

Summary Rules & Regulations

C I R C B A L LTM
    CircBall TM is a unique game of skill for indoor or outdoor basketball sports. It’s a new and alternative sport that involves a mixture of competitive & cooperative game of play.

CircBall TM uses a circular court and a cluster ring design. A new scoring system of 3-points in the primary ring basket or 1-point in the secondary ring basket minimizes height advantage.

The circular court incorporates symbolistic care and share zones and teaches moral and ethical principles such as Love, Honesty, Purity and Unselfishness represented by a heart, a weighing scale, a dove and a hand, respectively. These new play zones are situated along the four cardinal points of the compass in the court area.

The cluster of ring basket at its center court does not require a backboard – a challenging sports design which requires skill and precision to play.

Features of the game:

· The cluster ring baskets
    · The annular ring on the court (free throw area)
    · Care & Share zones
    · 3 point & 1 point scores built into the ring
    · The drop ball play
    · Bonus point award
    · Try for Points at end of each quarter.

· Human rights play – give and give “until it hurts”
    · Miracle of Forgiveness
    · Morality play - Moral principles of love, honesty, purity and unselfishness
    · Incorporates the spirit of The New Games Movement

The Mechanics of the game

• CircBall TM is a unique sports invention using a new circular court and cluster rings basket. It is played with rules similar to basketball such as dribbling, passing the ball between team players, shooting the ball, rebounding, defense, offense, etc. However, new elements are introduced during the game.

• Court boundary is approximately 70 feet in diameter with two inner concentric circles forming the annular ring (the free throw and drop ball area).

• Six (6) players on each team. Twelve (12) minutes of play per quarter for four quarters.

• Drop ball play starts the game with two players to drop the ball from its highest point and the first one to touch the ball after it bounces takes possession of the ball.

• Primary ring makes 3 points, and secondary ring makes a 1 point goal count.

• A new element called the morality play rule starts in the second quarter using the share and care zones as a platform for giving the ball to the opponent player to make a goal.
      • Each player gives the ball (twice during the game) to the opponent player for the opponent player to make a shot for a goal.
      • The first team to complete the giving of the love ball during the game wins a greater bonus point award.

• The new cluster ring baskets do not use a backboard; instead, it uses a rebounding post which requires more skill to make a shot to the primary ring.

• The new court design includes neutral sectors to distinguish between front court and back court play area.

• Another element - Human rights play rule involves the giving of the ball to opponent players several times. This rule is played after the overall scores have been tallied. A play initiated by a team ahead in the total overall score at the end of the final quarter but whose desire is "to give more and more until it hurts" to the opposing team.

LABAN KUNG LABAN! KAYA NATIN PILIPINAS!
    Mabuhay ang TEAM PILIPINAS !!!!

NOTHING IS IMPOSSIBLE!
    THE DREAM LIVES ON !!!!

What is your comments and opinion regarding this new version.

Circball Facebook page:

http://www.facebook.com/Circball

NOTHING IS IMPOSSIBLE!
    THE DREAM LIVES ON !!!!

I couldn't make heads or tails of the rules and mechanics of the game not until I saw this demo:

I dunno. I guess the whole thing is just too far out for me.

Very innovative. But I still want a demo or video to fully grasp the idea of the game.

Quote Originally Posted by lovejones View Post
    I couldn't make heads or tails of the rules and mechanics of the game not until I saw this demo:

I dunno. I guess the whole thing is just too far out for me.
    slamball would be more appealing to pinoys! imo

heck i would rather look at nardys avatar all day than watch this guys play circball
    You've got to have it to win it

Nardy's Avatar is the better Circball...

Quote Originally Posted by fadzki View Post
    Nardy's Avatar is the better Circball...
    i seecond you on that comment, seriously im thirsty for milk and want to give this chick the pearl necklace she deserves
    "A nationality that easily feels wronged is an insecure one, and one that will be difficult to progress."-Anonymous

seems like a hybrid between Basketball and Korfball, with (no offense to the inventor) some really unnecessary complex rules.(sharing the ball to the opposition?)

very innovative of the creator.. but it seems like its lacking on the entertaining side.. just what most sport has become now.. just my two cents..

At first I thought it is another thread about NBA (Circus ball), but this is really pleasant surprise. Very nice concept of a game. I know that human psychology somehow is attracted to circular shapes. Circle has some more natural feeling for a man than rectangular shapes - I am talking about almost all popular games which are bounded by straight lines. Thumbs up for Philippine innovators! Let's see how it will develop in time. This game has so many interesting variations and will attract many people.

Default Circball

Additional videos footage of the game can be seen at their Circball website,
    http://www.circball.com/videos.
    Rule game demonstrations also can be viewed.

The game has its first championship game on April 2011 at Novaliches, Philippines.

You can also visit their facebook page at http://www.facebook.com/circball for more information.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Circball; 07-30-2011 at 07:12 PM. Reason: signature

Quote Originally Posted by Circball View Post
    Additional videos footage of the game can be seen at their Circball website,
    http://www.circball.com/videos.
    Rule game demonstrations also can be viewed.

The game has its first championship game on April 2011 at Novaliches, Philippines.

You can also visit their facebook page at http://www.facebook.com/circball for more information.
    huh? end of regulation, Light Blue Team 129 - 126 Yellow Team.

then for whatever reasons that the creator of this sport has in mind. the trailing team has been given 2 free shots(Human Rights Play daw)
    and that cost the Light Blue team the Championship's.(Light Blue Team 129 - 130 Yellow Team) now, what's up with that?
    "try putting five scientists in top of your sports program, instead of one politician, and let's see what will happen" - Jim Saret, Conditioning coach, Smart Gilas Pilipinas

Quote Originally Posted by jcbernardo View Post
    huh? end of regulation, Light Blue Team 129 - 126 Yellow Team.

then for whatever reasons that the creator of this sport has in mind. the trailing team has been given 2 free shots(Human Rights Play daw)
    and that cost the Light Blue team the Championship's.(Light Blue Team 129 - 130 Yellow Team) now, what's up with that?
    Human Rights Play rule allows for the team ahead in total score to give the ball several times to the opponent team for them to have a chance to catch up. It is the last chance for the trailing team to give their best shot. This rules teaches the value of cooperation and the value of giving, even though the game is played competitively.

The purpose of Circball Game is to the teach the basic values of Love, Honesty, Purity and Charity through the use of universally known symbols of moral values in its court area and rules of game.

To see a demonstration of how the Human Rights Play rule is played, please click HERE.

Looks like a fusion Basketball and Netball to me, they could use a Netball ball or a basketball to play.

Quote Originally Posted by Circball View Post
    Human Rights Play rule allows for the team ahead in total score to give the ball several times to the opponent team for them to have a chance to catch up. It is the last chance for the trailing team to give their best shot. This rules teaches the value of cooperation and the value of giving, even though the game is played competitively.

The purpose of Circball Game is to the teach the basic values of Love, Honesty, Purity and Charity through the use of universally known symbols of moral values in its court area and rules of game.

To see a demonstration of how the Human Rights Play rule is played, please click HERE.
    so what's the use of playing 48 minutes of Circ if you're just going to let the losing team catch up by giving up free shots in the end? ?
    "try putting five scientists in top of your sports program, instead of one politician, and let's see what will happen" - Jim Saret, Conditioning coach, Smart Gilas Pilipinas

so what's the use of playing 48 minutes of Circ if you're just going to let the losing team catch up by giving up free shots in the end? ?
    this is because its not about winning or competition .... its about good values. Not only about improving oneself but helping others even if they are not your friends or team mates.

NOTHING IS IMPOSSIBLE!
    THE DREAM LIVES ON !!!!

Aside from its physical benefits (of playing for 48 minutes) , Circball teaches the value of cooperation. It teaches the value of love, the value of honesty, the value of purity and the value of charity. Values that are sometimes lacking in competitive sports.

There is not a guarantee (although there's a possibility) that a trailing team could win the game. There's still an element of chance in shooting the ball to the ring making all perfect shots to the primary ring baskets that will allow them to catch up. Of all the 100 plays I've seen so far that this game has been played to date, I've only seen twice wherein the trailing team won the game using the Human Rights Play rule. It's possible but not guaranteed.

Quote Originally Posted by iandi_dunka View Post
    very innovative of the creator.. but it seems like its lacking on the entertaining side.. just what most sport has become now.. just my two cents..
    Speaking of the entertainment side of this game. There is one.

One of the rule is called "Miracle of Forgiveness" which calls for a team to forgive the opponent player who has been fouled out of the game.

When a player receives four fouls during the game, he is fouled out of the game and is disqualified. However, with this rule, the player is allowed to come back to play the game one last chance at the behest of the requesting team directed to the officials. The fouled out player is then allowed to return back to his team and play in the game again upon performance of a talent (any talent) for a short duration not to exceed 3 minutes. This performance of a talent can be done during the game or after. (Rule 3-6 of the Official Rule Book of Circball)

Thanks.

For those who want to organize a team of six players and want to play this game, please contact us at info at circball.com
    Last edited by Circball; 08-02-2011 at 11:26 PM.

^^^

"Human Rights Play?"
    "Miracle of Forgiveness?"
    "the basic values of Love, Honesty, Purity and Charity?"

this is not a game. this is a cult.

Quote Originally Posted by lovejones View Post
    ^^^

"Human Rights Play?"
    "Miracle of Forgiveness?"
    "the basic values of Love, Honesty, Purity and Charity?"

this is not a game. this is a cult.
    They had me at "Human Rights".