Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"el serbio" stefan peno (sg/sf 190 1997)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "el serbio" stefan peno (sg/sf 190 1997)

Venezuela is well-known worldwide for its controversial president Hugo Chavez and for its successes in beauty pageants (5 Miss World & 6 Miss Universe). But in serbian youth basketball world, Venezuela is known to be the country of Stefan Peno's mother. You probably never heard about Stefan Peno, so let's me introduce him to you.

In the early nineties, his father Zoran, a professionnal basketball player (he played for OKK Belgrade form 1980 to 1990) left war-torn Yugoslavia to play for Caracas based team Panteras de Miranda. During the season 1993/1994, Zoran suffered a career ending knee injury while playing for San Juan team, Llaneros de Guarico. But as you know, every cloud has a silver lining and during his venezuelan years, Zoran meet his wife and came back in Serbia with her to start a new career as basketball coach.

The 3rd August 1997 in Belgrade, she gave birth to a baby boy, Stefan. Fourteen years later, Stefan, who is now 190cm tall, is one of the most promising serbian youth player. Last year, he was elected MVP of serbian regional select teams tournament (organized by Serbian Basketball Federation and regrouping all the best players born in 1997). This season, Stefan Peno played in Belgrade region U14 2nd division championship (at the start of the season, his team Beokos lost to Partizan Belgrade in qualification game for Belgrade U14 1st division league but he was clearly the best player on the court). He was also Beokos U16 team leader (a team coached by his dad Zoran) averaging almost 30 points per game and even got minutes in U18 team too.

Stefan Peno is following his father steps. He will play for OKK Belgrade next year. His dad Zoran spend most of his career there.

Comment

Stefan Peno in OKK Belgrade

I'm a huge fan of this kid. Stefan is very talented and wild. He needs to work a lot in the upcoming years to put his game under control, but he has tools to become a helluvah player.

Comment

Yes I watch few clips of him on you tube.Kid have rare talent.The tallest player on the court and drives like PG.I know that is early to predict some things ,but I think that he can become polyvalent player in future like Bodiroga or Kukoc.Great skill and anticipation,he isn't selfish player.Great work Serbianhoops
        .."and when you are not the best.."What Partizan fans are doing after defeat?Sing with players
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Re1Y_...eature=related

Comment

Stefan Peno to Barcelona.

Serbian prospect Stefan Peno participated at the Nike camp in Barcelona - Aug 25, 2011 (by Eurobasket News)

Serbian prospect Stefan Peno, member of OKK Beograd, participated at the Nike camp in Barcelona. Stefan, born on August 3 of 1997 was the youngest player at this camp. He showcased his great potential and impressed scouts of top European teams. Young Peno is another pearl of the Serbian basketball, which is currently led by his older countrymates Aleksandar Cvetkovic, Vasilije Micic, Nenad Miljenovic and others. NBA star LeBron James also participated at this event and exhibition game as well.

Stefan Peno won't play for OKK next year although all all terms were agreed. After the Nike camp, Peno received an offer from Barcelona.

Barcelona offered him 2000 euros per months until he reaches 18 and committed to finding a job to his parents Zoran and Sadna. That's why his family will move in Spain in the next days.

According to the rumour, a clause in the contract provides that Peno will also receive Spanish citizenship and will have to play for Spain

Comment

Stefan Peno with LeBron James at the Nike Camp in Barcelona.

Comment

The rumour about spanish citizenship is false. Peno only wants to play for Serbia.

Comment

@serbianhoops
                Are you sure that he is going to play for Serbian national team? What is your source? I'm huge fan of (Serbian) basketball and it would be pity to lose this great talent.

Comment

Originally posted by serbianhoops View Post
                  The rumour about spanish citizenship is false. Peno only wants to play for Serbia.
                  Well, you got me worried there!
                  Originally posted by woka View Post
                  Are you sure that he is going to play for Serbian national team? What is your source? I'm huge fan of (Serbian) basketball and it would be pity to lose this great talent.
                  Why wouldn't he? Do you know something else?

Comment

I don't know anything about his personality (patriotism) or his future plans... That is the reason why I am trying to find it out myself. We must think and act before it hapend... The Spaniard want to take him under theirs colors and it is obvious. They took Mirotic a couple years ago... Serbian basketball community must protect and save OUR players from this kind a "robbery".
                    Last edited by woka; 09-13-2011, 12:01 PM.

Comment

The offer is much much better then 2000 euro per months but this is a secret and this is truth Peno only wants to play for Serbia of corse if they call him if not .........................
                      Last edited by sirflyer; 09-14-2011, 07:12 AM.

Comment

First footage of Stefan Peno in a Barcelona shirt.

Comment

Thanks Serbianhoops, great post as usual!

Peno have great court vision and impressive ball handling for his age and size. Shooting technique also really good. We can expect big things from this guy in the future, that is if he continues to work hard.
                          Do you have any info about him, how he settled there, is he having any problems and things like that?

Comment

Barca robbing the cradle and bribing the parents in hoops as in soccer I see.

I hope he does play for Serbia!

Comment

wow this kid is fantastic, just hope we wont lose him to Spain or someone else for national team, he now already have great technique and as someone said, it seems like hes not selfish and is team player, which is big plus.

He looks like some Brazilian (South American), of course because his mother is from Venezuela.
                              This is the age we are currently living in, where war is peace, ignorance is strength and slavery is freedom.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information