Comparison NBA - Euroleague

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comparison NBA - Euroleague

Is there a great difference between the NBA and the Euroleague? If we take the best 15 players of the Euroleague and we put them in the NBA, could they make it to the playoffs? For example, a team with:
    C: Nesterovic, Schortsanitis, Tomic
    PF: Lorbek, Batiste, Freeland
    SF: Mickeal, Siskauskas, San Emeterio
    SG: Navarro, Spanoulis, Diamantidis
    PG: Teodosic, Huertas, Rubio
    I think they could reach the playoffs in the Eastern Conference, but not in the Western Conference.
    What do you think?
    Greetings

The closest team to the one above was Toronto in 2007/08 season I guess.

Bosh/Nesterovic/Brezec
    Bargnani/Garbajosa/Baston/Humphries
    A. Parker/Kapono/Graham
    Delfino/Moon
    Calderon/TJ Ford/Dixon

They had a 41-41 record, and they made the playoffs. (Exit at the 1st round, by 1-4)

So, it looks possible but I wouldn't bet.
    5 out 6 scientists say Russian roulette is safe.

Comment

Provided they had the full allotment of pre-season, and training to get used to each other and NBA differences then yes I could see them as a playoff team. But I don't see much further than that. Also who would be coaching such a team?
      Pistons: 2021-22 Let the Motorcade begin!!

Bronze medal 2013 Eurobasket prediction Game.

Comment

This kinda reminds me of a Groundhog day. But, what the hell...

C: Marić, Sofo
        PF: Teletović, Stonerook, Gist
        SF: San Emeterio, Mickeal, Vesely (Pocius)
        SG: Navarro, Perkins (Diamantidis)
        PG: Langford, McCalebb (Teodosić)

Comment

A team with no player to create his own shot on a constant basis would at best case grab the 8th eastern conference place,even that is doubtful.

Comment

Originally posted by SunOverHStreet View Post
            This kinda reminds me of a Groundhog day. But, what the hell...

C: Marić, Sofo
            PF: Teletović, Stonerook, Gist
            SF: San Emeterio, Mickeal, Vesely (Pocius)
            SG: Navarro, Perkins (Diamantidis)
            PG: Langford, McCalebb (Teodosić)
            this team looks worse than this season's Cavs

Comment

If you would take all the talent in Europe/Euroleague you could assemble a few NBA teams. i.e imo a mix of the best players of Olympiakos and Panathinaikos would be an NBA team.

C: Nesterovic, Maric, Batiste
              PF: Bourousis, Fotsis, Tsartsaris
              SF: Sato, Vasilopoulos (Keselj)
              SG: Spanoulos, Nicholas
              PG: Diamantidis, Teodosic, Papaloukas

Coach: Ivkovic, Obradivic

A combination between Barca and Caja or Real would make the NBA as well. Actually Barca in itself would be an NBA team.

I don't know if these teams would make it in the play-offs though. The game is quite different in the NBA. I do not necessarily mean a higher level (which it is), but I mostly refer to the style of play.
              Last edited by Victorious; 03-01-2011, 03:05 PM.
              PAO EUROPEAN CHAMPION 1996 - 2000 - 2002 - 2007 - 2009 - 2011

Comment

Yes, if you took the top players in the EL and carved out a few NBA teams, they would make the play-offs.

Such EL teams would be much better than the Clevelands, New Jerseys, Washingtons, Minnesotas, Sacramentos, and Golden States of the NBA.

Remember, in the NBA, more teams go to the play-offs than don't. If Indiana, Philadelphia, and Portland can go to the play-offs, an "All EL Team" could, too.

Depending on the rules and home court, they could give a few teams a "run for their money."
                "I really like the attitudes of eagles. They never give up. When they grab a fish or something else, they never let it go. It doesn't matter. In a book, they write they find a skeleton of [an] eagle and there is no fish. It means that the fish beat him and killed him, but he didn't let go." -- Donatas Motiejunas

Comment

Originally posted by Jon_Koncak View Post
                  this team looks worse than this season's Cavs
                  Yeah, you're right... But, add some steroids, maybe a little bit of cocaine, some amphetamines and baaam... Philly. At least.

Comment

Ampretamines,Cocaine and Steroids are banned substances in NBA.

Comment

Originally posted by Jon_Koncak View Post
                      Ampretamines,Cocaine and Steroids are banned substances in NBA.
                      Damn! No playoffs for me...

Comment

The level of overrating of the NBA is so ridiculous. The NBA is 9-5 against the Euroleague with mixed rules and mixed refs. 9-5.

Barca beat the Lakers rather easily with mixed rules and refs.

Anyone that thinks the NBA is somehow superior to the Euroleague is cannot be taken seriously.

Comment

Originally posted by FIBA Europe Basket View Post
                          The level of overrating of the NBA is so ridiculous. The NBA is 9-5 against the Euroleague with mixed rules and mixed refs. 9-5.

Barca beat the Lakers rather easily with mixed rules and refs.

Anyone that thinks the NBA is somehow superior to the Euroleague is cannot be taken seriously.
                          They were preseason games.Euro teams took so serious those games..

Comment

Euroleague teams playing their entire rosters and bench players major minutes - as much more in fact more than the NBA teams.

So apparently the NBA teams take the games as serious or more than the European teams. Oh and the Lakers wanted to win the game against Barca BADLY. Jackson was fuming and enraged when they lost.

They were playing their starters in the 4th quarter of the game and yet "they did not take the game seriously". Right.........

When the NBA wins the games "count as proof that the NBA is superior". When the Euroleague wins "the NBA didn't try".

When Team USA wins it is "proof that they are superior". When Team USA loses it is because "they did not try".

Like I said, the NBA only fans are all a joke.

Comment

The Lakers also got blown out by the Timberwolves the game before, I'm sure the T-wolves are the superior team as well

Anyway bringing up mixed rules in this topic is pointless, because it's about how the above European team would do by NBA rules not the reverse. Traditionally Euroopean teams have struggled under the rule differences.
                              Pistons: 2021-22 Let the Motorcade begin!!

Bronze medal 2013 Eurobasket prediction Game.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information