Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• for you James yap fans

anyways pulled this out after searching on youtube
    this is an unofficial site of James Yap. Has videos and all sorts of goodies about the guy in the PBA.

JamesYapOnline
    "A nationality that easily feels wronged is an insecure one, and one that will be difficult to progress."-Anonymous

Originally posted by Phantim3dx
    anyways pulled this out after searching on youtube
    this is an unofficial site of James Yap. Has videos and all sorts of goodies about the guy in the PBA.

JamesYapOnline
    SeƱorito James Yap..
    Practice makes perfect, but nobody's perfect, so why practice?

Comment

Awww!!! James Yap! Fafa!

Comment

Originally posted by thugpinoy
        SeƱorito James Yap..
        Originally posted by YinkaDare
        Awww!!! James Yap! Fafa!

AMEN to that bro.

I think he's groomed to be the David Beckham of Philippine Basketball..
        It's ironic to see limited efforts from players with maximum salary.
        I wish they would apply "sabermetrics" in those financially challenged PBA teams to acquire players who are value for their money.

Comment

I wonder what could have happen if he is favour by Chot over mark Caguioa and Ren-Ren Ritualo for the FIBA Asia Championship

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by donmar
            I wonder what could have happen if he is favour by Chot over mark Caguioa and Ren-Ren Ritualo for the FIBA Asia Championship
            it would definitely a different result and favorable to the national team to the fans and critics
            PRO DEO ET PATRIA (in the service of God and Country)

Comment

James Yap is one of my favorite player in the PBA and at age 25 yrs.old, He is probably one of the most successful PBA Player of all time.

Just check his awards, stats and accomplishment in the the 1st 3 years of his proffessional career.

James Yap is lethal in the open court and very dangerous with his jumpshots and devil drives towards the hoop... a cross between Samboy Lim and Allan Caidic... a second MVP award for the Escalante, Negros Occidental native could be in the offing but he must practise consistency and learn to take charge for the Giants.

2004-2005 Rookie Season Averages: (63 games) 27.0 mpg, 12.5 ppg, 4.7 rpg, 1.0 apg, 0.5 spg, 0.3 bpg, 2.3 fpg

2005-2006 Sophomore season: (57 games) 36.4 mpg, 17.6 ppg, 4.4 rpg, 1.2 apg, 1.2 spg, 0.4 bpg, 2.1 TOpg, 2.7 fpg

Purefoods TJ Giants 2006-07 Fiesta Cup Stats

James Yap (18 Games) 24.06 PPG, 3.9 RPG, 1.2 SPG, 0.3 BPG, 39.6 MPG

Purefoods TJ Giants 2006-07 Philippine Cup Stats

James Yap (22 Games) 16.77 PPG, 4.6 RPG, 2.0 SPG, 0.3 BPG, 36.7 MPG

Individual Achievements

2003 UAAP Most Valuable Player (MVP)
              2003 UAAP First Five Mythical Team member
              2003 Philippine Sportswriters Association/PSA major awardee (amateur basketball ranks)
              2003-2004 PBL Mythical First Team member
              2005-2006 PBA Most Valuable Player (MVP)
              2005-2006 PBA Mythical First Team member
              2006 PSA major awardee (professional basketball ranks)
              4-time PBA All-star starter (2004, 2005, 2006, 2007 -- South Team)

Team Achievements

2002-2003 Collegiate Champions League champions
              2003 Southeast Asian Games Gold Medalists
              2004 Philippine Basketball League (PBL), first-runners up
              2005-2006 PBA Fiesta Conference, first-runners up
              2005-2006 PBA Philippine Cup champions
              Last edited by Lebron23; 09-30-2007, 01:04 PM.

Comment

james yap should have been chosen over renren ritualo...
                NEW ORLEANS HORNETS 2008

Comment

can he dunk?

Comment

but:

Originally posted by Lebron23

James Yap is one of my favorite player in the PBA and at age 25 yrs.old, He is probably one of the most successful PBA Player of all time.

Just check his awards, stats and accomplishment in the the 1st 3 years of his proffessional career.

James Yap is lethal in the open court and very dangerous with his jumpshots and devil drives towards the hoop... a cross between Samboy Lim and Allan Caidic... a second MVP award for the Escalante, Negros Occidental native could be in the offing but he must practise consistency and learn to take charge for the Giants.

2004-2005 Rookie Season Averages: (63 games) 27.0 mpg, 12.5 ppg, 4.7 rpg, 1.0 apg, 0.5 spg, 0.3 bpg, 2.3 fpg

2005-2006 Sophomore season: (57 games) 36.4 mpg, 17.6 ppg, 4.4 rpg, 1.2 apg, 1.2 spg, 0.4 bpg, 2.1 TOpg, 2.7 fpg

Purefoods TJ Giants 2006-07 Fiesta Cup Stats

James Yap (18 Games) 24.06 PPG, 3.9 RPG, 1.2 SPG, 0.3 BPG, 39.6 MPG

Purefoods TJ Giants 2006-07 Philippine Cup Stats

James Yap (22 Games) 16.77 PPG, 4.6 RPG, 2.0 SPG, 0.3 BPG, 36.7 MPG

Individual Achievements

2003 UAAP Most Valuable Player (MVP)
                    2003 UAAP First Five Mythical Team member
                    2003 Philippine Sportswriters Association/PSA major awardee (amateur basketball ranks)
                    2003-2004 PBL Mythical First Team member
                    2005-2006 PBA Most Valuable Player (MVP)
                    2005-2006 PBA Mythical First Team member
                    2006 PSA major awardee (professional basketball ranks)
                    4-time PBA All-star starter (2004, 2005, 2006, 2007 -- South Team)

Team Achievements

2002-2003 Collegiate Champions League champions
                    2003 Southeast Asian Games Gold Medalists
                    2004 Philippine Basketball League (PBL), first-runners up
                    2005-2006 PBA Fiesta Conference, first-runners up
                    2005-2006 PBA Philippine Cup champions

how about defense?
                    dude my cousin saw him play in the jones cup and he told me that james yap was grimacing and agonizing under the paint during the bumps and grind of mad rebound scramble againts the bigger arabs. hes having a hard time in the squeeze play in international competitions. to be exact his defense and toughness under the board is quite defective. im talking about the international games perspective. here in the philippines of course he will excell because of so so compititions. but bring him outside the country. i dont know if he can get those kind of stats. my cousins in the states dare me if he can even make it to the roster of the elite us div 1 team or any european ballclub.
                    Last edited by rikhardur; 10-01-2007, 07:22 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Herms
                      can he dunk?
                      yes, with ease...
                      SMART GILAS: all the way

Comment

Originally posted by armorpiercing
                        how about defense?
                        dude my cousin saw him play in the jones cup and he told me that james yap was grimacing and agonizing under the paint during the bumps and grind of mad rebound scramble againts the bigger arabs. hes having a hard time in the squeeze play in international competitions. to be exact his defense and toughness under the board is quite defective. im talking about the international games perspective. here in the philippines of course he will excell because of so so compititions. but bring him outside the country. i dont know if he can get those kind of stats. my cousins in the states dare me if he can even make it to the roster of the elite us div 1 team or any european ballclub.

Bro some of the highly touted Div 1 player from US didn't make it big in the PBA as an import..
                        I believe he can play or he do have the talent to play there. with his unique style of shooting ( close to Ray Allen where they are releasing the ball on the peak of their jump ) which is hard to block by some players standing same as his height or taller than him. and also his ability to make his own shot when needed. btw, im not a James Yap fanatic im just pointing here that James Yap is not the usual Filipino Player that your cousin is thinking.. he can make it big at any given sunday..
                        And for the last Jones Cup, its obvious he was not in condition. maybe (one of the reason why he was cut from the final roster).. after coming from some marital issues with his wife its hard to gauge his true arsenal..
                        Last edited by rikhardur; 10-01-2007, 07:23 AM.
                        Practice makes perfect, but nobody's perfect, so why practice?

Comment

Bad performance in Jones Cup? I think he did pretty well in some games such as against Lebanon, Taiwan and especially against Iran where he scored big with 18 points..

Comment

Originally posted by RayV
                            Bad performance in Jones Cup? I think he did pretty well in some games such as against Lebanon, Taiwan and especially against Iran where he scored big with 18 points..
                            I think james yap would be the go-to-guy of the next RP Team...yeah..i believe it was a bad decision for Chot to leave James out of the team the last time around...

Comment

Purefoods TJ Giants- 96
                              Sta. Lucia Realtors- 89

Final Score

Best Player:

James Yap- 29 pts 5 rebs 3/5 3pt FGs

Great Game for both team in the start of the conference and It is a come from behind victory for the TJ Giants lead by James Yap, who scored 29 points and help the TJ Giants to beat the Sta. Lucia Realtors after PJ Simon was thrown out in the game after committing 2 technical fouls in the 2nd half.

Overall the Purefoods TJ Giants are one of the most underrated team this conference but they added some nice acquisition like Rookie Robert Franz, Ardy Larong and 5'10" PG Chico Lanete.

Nice game also from Roger Yap who added 16 points and facilitate Purefoods offense since the start of the ball game.
                              Last edited by Lebron23; 10-17-2007, 11:23 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information