Protests in Arabic World

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Protests in Arabic World

Guys, what do you think about these recent developments in the muslim world? Looks like it's spreading. Do you think the movement will really change something in those countries?
    5 out 6 scientists say Russian roulette is safe.

Some things will not be the same for sure. But the question in my head is Egypt being the final one or not. And that scares me.
    One trophy is always better than no trophies
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Inm7muXAnIM

Comment

The religion shouldn't be hand to hand with the politics...
      Originally Posted by -K2- View Post
      16 free throws in the last 4 minutes...
      Puerto Rico had 20 the whole game

Seriosuly... someone quote this whole post and signature me... Greek Loby Rulz
      8/29/2010...THE DAY WE GOT ROBBED!

Comment

The funny thing is that most of the governments in these countries have been allies of the west, but have oppressed their own people at home. First Tunisia, then Egypt, then Jordan's king fires their government, the latest is Yemin - who's president won't run for re-election or hand over power to his son. All those countries, except maybe Tunisia had pro-west governments. Now, this weekend, protests are scheduled in Syria, which certainly has not been a friend to the west. If all of these countries end up stable democracies, the leaders in Iran will be having some sleepless nights to be sure.

Comment

Originally posted by Levenspiel View Post
          Guys, what do you think about these recent developments in the muslim world? Looks like it's spreading. Do you think the movement will really change something in those countries?
          I hope it'd change it for the better... yet I remain sceptic regarding anything slightly connected with liberalism and people masses and prefer being surprised in a positive manner when things finaly clear out.

Today, being under the impression of few articles posted from october to november about the political situation in Egypt, I am not that sure that the Egyptians are unanimous in their demands for Mubarak to step down, as western media would like us to believe...
          ...all I know is that noone should want a civil war there, yet the irreversible process can happen way sooner than anyone would realise where they're actually headed to...
          Originally posted by Jon_Koncak
          That's funny shit.I cant believe there are sports fans thinking like it.It's like Federer losing to random Japanese player in round 1 of French Open but tournament director stepping in and saying "hey it was a fluke win who wants to watch a random Japanese guy in next round,Federer qualifies"

Comment

Originally posted by BBallfanJ View Post
            If all of these countries end up stable democracies, the leaders in Iran will be having some sleepless nights to be sure.
            And Western leaders, too.

Comment

Why do we say "reformist movements" for similar kind of riot activities in Christian countries but just close it only with the word "riot" for Muslim countries?
              1st in EUROLEAGUE IBN PREDICTION GAME 2009-2010

Comment

Originally posted by robbe View Post
                And Western leaders, too.
                And maybe also Israel (depends)

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

But what may explain the fact that the revolutions succeeded on the countries which are closer to the west is that the oppression wasn't as hush as om the other...
                You've seen how the demonstration in Iran ended... with nothing...
                My Youtube channel

Comment

there are no riots in muslim world, there are ONLY protests in some arab countries

Comment

Alright, title is changed. Don't get stuck in my wording: reformist movements, riots, protests, etc. No need to look for subtext in there. I'm just curious about what "our" international community think.

Comment

Originally posted by ip84 View Post
                      And maybe also Israel (depends)
                      Tell me at least one thing where Western Countries has an issue and Israel is not involved?

Please anybody tell me why it all started? I heard that people were unhappy of their wages, while fat dudes on top earn millions and workers earn 700USD a year. If that is the case I support them

Comment

according to my conspiracy theory the reason why there are riots right now is because the jews have a monopoly on beans in the world market, due to the past year's volatile agricultural direness, this led to a shortage in beans and other grains/staples around the world which in turn affected mid eastern diet. chickpeas included

so with no baba ganoush and felafels in abundant supply clashes occured and widespread protests occured.
                        "A nationality that easily feels wronged is an insecure one, and one that will be difficult to progress."-Anonymous

Comment

Too early to call perhaps but if we take History's lessons into consideration we can risk a prediction.
                          In principle,the RIOTS are a positive sign of the social reflexes in these countries.Their cause is just and the means are the only available.
                          The possible results of this upheaval are many but few are actually probable,given the circumstances.

A possible "democratization" of these states by western standards achieved through social benefits,will be the desirable solution for many "bleeding hearts" but imho that will be sweeping the problems under the carpet, at best.In truth, it will be the most effective way to further the process of westernization and alienation of the Arabic world making these Peoples the consumers some intend them to be.
                          A second, more brutal, way out of the frying pan and into the fire,would be the establishment of stricter authoritarian regimes that will have the mission to ease the transition between "Theocracy" and "Democracy" by "absorbing" any social pressure.(Pardon me using the term "Theocracy" to describe the current political status in the Arabic World.I know it's not exactly so, i just want to illustrate a point.)
                          We have seen this process repeating itself all around the world. Sometimes successfully,others not.It's a trusted recipe that can be modified to fit any case,including this one.
                          I intentionally disregard the economical factors influencing these events as i consider social struggles to be political in essence.

Comment

I personally tend to sympathize with the protesters, and am happy to hear the governing bodies of other so-far-quiet middle east countries (Syria, Jordan) also took the message.

However, I don't read/see emergence of any alternative leader or movement after the release of this anger. Normally you would expect something/somebody new. I guess the opposition was unprepared too. I'm afraid after the things eventually calm down, the same system will continue with different names.
                            Last edited by Levenspiel; 02-04-2011, 11:42 PM.

Comment

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information