Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• it would be nice to finally see the big Greek clubs to create players, rather than buying them every summer. Hopefully, these players will be the beginning.

Comment

• Any news about Alfa Akibu Dialo (1992) now know as Alfa Fansekas , a 210 cm tall young guinean center with an impressive wingspan of 227 cm. He was given greek citizenship last year in order to compete for Greece juniors but he officially missed the European Championships due to an injury. I was told he is under contract with PAO, but he is currently loaned to an A2 league team Ikaros but as far as I know he didn't play a single game. Does anyone know how is he doing in greek junior league ?

Last edited by serbianhoops; 03-22-2011, 03:20 PM.

Comment

• he isn't under contract with anyone.He's now serving in the greek army.Weird story.Ikaros(A1 club) tried to sign him but there is a problem with his passport,supposedely he had greek roots(!!) but that wasn't true, just a regular african immigrant who happened to be incredibly tall.No way he's just 17 by the way

Comment

• Originally posted by Jon_Koncak View Post
          he isn't under contract with anyone.He's now serving in the greek army.Weird story.Ikaros(A1 club) tried to sign him but there is a problem with his passport,supposedely he had greek roots(!!) but that wasn't true, just a regular african immigrant who happened to be incredibly tall.No way he's just 17 by the way
          I understand. He didn't manage to become Greek illegally, but who cares. Alfa is tall so he received greek citizenship legally. That's the reason why he is now doing his military duty. Am I right ?

By the way, I can bet that Alfa will be registered as 1992 born by greek federation.

Comment

• yeah that confused me too.Last summer it was reported that his papers were fake and he couldn't receive the citizenship yet last week in an article it was mentioned that he's in the army.Don't know what exactly happened,it's not like there is much information comig from the media.

Comment

• I caught a glimpse of the guy playing for some greek junior team i can't pin down.
              He looked way too raw.
              Not much potential there, i'm afraid.

Comment

• Tell me more about this Linos Chrysikopoulos. Is he an elite prospect or just a good prospect?
                Sacramento Kings
                HERE WE STAY UNTIL THE COWBELLS COME HOME

Comment

• Huge prospect. Can play any of SG/SF/PF positions.

Now he plays for Biella in Italy. Gets some playing time in games, but not always. I believe though that his experience in Italy will help him develop further his talent.

Comment

• Young Greek Prospects

Ioannis Papapetrou:
                    Will play at a top team in NCAA next year.
                    He is a tall guard.

Comment

• What's with Pappas? He was most talented player from Greek 90. born golden generation, but somehow disaperd from radar
                      Jordi Bertomeu sucks!

Comment

• Originally posted by pohani komarac View Post
                        What's with Pappas? He was most talented player from Greek 90. born golden generation, but somehow disaperd from radar
                        He did not have enough playing time with Kolossos Rhodes (3d ranked team in Greece this year). Now he's playing for PAOK and does pretty well. Also gets a lot of playing time. His stats are similar to the stats of Sloukas at Aris last year. He's not out of the radar yet.
                        PAO EUROPEAN CHAMPION 1996 - 2000 - 2002 - 2007 - 2009 - 2011

Comment

• Originally posted by Victorious View Post
                          He did not have enough playing time with Kolossos Rhodes (3d ranked team in Greece this year). Now he's playing for PAOK and does pretty well. Also gets a lot of playing time. His stats are similar to the stats of Sloukas at Aris last year. He's not out of the radar yet.
                          That's not entirely accurate. Pappas playing with Kolossos last year under loan from Bilbao. At the end of the season, his loan ended and went back to Spain, but Bilbao did not want to keep his high contract. The two sides didn't find an agreement for the contract resolution, so he was left on the sidelines until he moved to PAOK.
                          Now, after the end of the season in Greece for PAOK, there are discussions that he might go to Malaga to help them in the Spanish play-offs.

He remains a good player and did some excellent games with PAOK, despite his lack of match practice...

Comment

• What about the Adetokubo brothers currently playing with Filathlitikos?
                            At the ASG they were pretty impressive and their stats in A2 are amazing. As I know they have never played with any under-something NTs because they didn't hold the Hellenic citizenship but actually they might have obtained it.
                            Can they handle the Greek future (much better than Hrysi Aygi)?
                            Γυμναστικός Σύλλογος Περιστερίου

Comment

• Originally posted by Khalid80
                              (for Andreas and Thanasis for sure they can't play with Greek NT...
                              What's the reason behind that?
                              Die Liebe wird eine Krankheit, wenn man sie als eine Heilung sieht
                              Artificial Nature

Comment

• full game of this kid. he looks like crazy prospect

some other itresting prospects as well, but I only recognized Vasileios Charalampopoulos (SF, 97. 200)

ps. Duda was watching game
                                Jordi Bertomeu sucks!

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information