Indiana Pacers Thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jalen Rose arrested for DUI

Former Pacers forward Jalen Rose was arrested for Driving Under the Influence recently.
    Sacramento Kings
    HERE WE STAY UNTIL THE COWBELLS COME HOME

Comment

Stephenson

Indiana Pacers head coach Frank Vogel told the press that rookie guard Lance Stephenson was demoted due to misconduct which are detrimental to the team.
      Sacramento Kings

Comment

"Rose Rules"

Game four, Head coach Frank Vogel unveiled the "Rose Rules" a defensive plan to wear down Chicago Bulls star point guard Derrick Rose (also in popular reference to the 1980's Detroit Pistons' "Jordan Rules") on which wingmen Paul George a 6'8 swingman and defensive minded guard Dahntay Jones, a 6'6 guard that took turns on harassing Rose alongside half-court traps and high double teams.

With the Pacer's game four victory; staving off elimination and with Derrick Rose playing in game five despite a sprained left ankle, expect the Pacers to capitalize on the defensive scheme.
        Sacramento Kings

Comment

With the Indiana Pacers being ousted in the playoffs by the first seed Chicago Bulls, the young core of the Pacers showed potential where four of five games played had the Pacers losing close games.

The off-season will bring two interesting stories:

1. Pacers President of Basketball Operations Larry Bird may not return due to contract expiration.

2. The Pacers having cap space to work with the off-season with the following players being unrestricted free agents:

Mike Dunleavy
          T.J. Ford
          Jeff Foster
          Solomon Jones
          Josh McRoberts

Ford and Jones are most likely not to return while there will be a decision on the future of McRoberts, Dunleavy and Foster in the team.
          Sacramento Kings

Comment

Originally posted by CKR13 View Post
            With the Indiana Pacers being ousted in the playoffs by the first seed Chicago Bulls, the young core of the Pacers showed potential where four of five games played had the Pacers losing close games.
            Getting to the play-offs was a success for this team this year. Danny Granger hasn't quite become the star that people predicted a few years ago, but he's still a great player. Hansbrough and Hibbert came on really strong in the last few weeks, so that's something to look forward to.
            1. Pacers President of Basketball Operations Larry Bird may not return due to contract expiration.
            He has always seemed very ambivalent about the NBA in his post-playing career. Interesting that neither he, Magic, Isiah nor Jordan have had great careers in running teams.
            2. The Pacers having cap space
            Some good free agents this year.
            Mike Dunleavy
            Meh. He's got great game, but it just doesn't seem to come together.
            T.J. Ford
            He's on the downside of his career. His dream of being a starting PG for anybody for an entire season won't come true.
            Jeff Foster
            Should his loyalty be rewarded with a veteran's minimum?
            Solomon Jones
            Josh McRoberts
            Meh.
            "I really like the attitudes of eagles. They never give up. When they grab a fish or something else, they never let it go. It doesn't matter. In a book, they write they find a skeleton of [an] eagle and there is no fish. It means that the fish beat him and killed him, but he didn't let go." -- Donatas Motiejunas

Comment

He has always seemed very ambivalent about the NBA in his post-playing career. Interesting that neither he, Magic, Isiah nor Jordan have had great careers in running teams.
              True. But Bird had a better career in coaching. Bird's Indiana Pacers went to the 2000 NBA Finals.

Some good free agents this year.
              Check out the 2011 NBA Free Agents Thread

Meh. He's got great game, but it just doesn't seem to come together.
              Ironic even. In the days were the Pacers where struggling and not making the playoffs, Dunleavy Jr. was perhaps the second best player for the Pacers behind the likes of Murphy and O'Neal. Now that the Pacers made the playoffs, Dunleavy seemed nowhere.

He's on the downside of his career. His dream of being a starting PG for anybody for an entire season won't come true.
              Nothing like being liberated from an expiring contract.

Should his loyalty be rewarded with a veteran's minimum?
              Probably, the veteran's minimum could be offered for Foster's loyalty. I think Foster will accept as his free agency stock is not that high.

Meh.
              I agree, the Pacers opt to find better role players for their next playoff campaign. Power Forwards like Carl Landry are on the market.
              Sacramento Kings

Comment

Originally posted by CKR13 View Post
                True. But Bird had a better career in coaching. Bird's Indiana Pacers went to the 2000 NBA Finals.
                That's right! I forgot about that. Now that I think about it, I'm surprised that he didn't stay as coach...
                Ironic even. In the days were the Pacers where struggling and not making the playoffs, Dunleavy Jr. was perhaps the second best player for the Pacers behind the likes of Murphy and O'Neal. Now that the Pacers made the playoffs, Dunleavy seemed nowhere.
                Yeah. Dunleavy has the skills, but he just doesn't seem very effective. Not sure why.
                I agree, the Pacers opt to find better role players for their next playoff campaign. Power Forwards like Carl Landry are on the market.
                Ooh! That would be good! I would be happy if that happened!
                "I really like the attitudes of eagles. They never give up. When they grab a fish or something else, they never let it go. It doesn't matter. In a book, they write they find a skeleton of [an] eagle and there is no fish. It means that the fish beat him and killed him, but he didn't let go." -- Donatas Motiejunas

Comment

Vogel hopes to return

Indiana Pacers Interim Head coach Frank Vogel has expressed his desire to return to the Indiana Pacers. Vogel said in an interview with the Associated Press:

"One thing I learned the last three months is that I can do this. I'm confident in my leadership abilities, my management abilities, my coaching abilities. It's been an honor to coach the last few months, it would be an honor to coach in the future."
                  "It's really up to Larry and the front office. Anytime you're making a decision as important as this, you never want to rush into it. Whatever timetable they decide is fine with me."
                  Sacramento Kings

Comment

Bird to meet with Pacers owner

Larry Bird is set to meet Indiana Pacers owner Herb Simon for a contract extension on Bird's post as President of Basketball Operations.
                    Sacramento Kings

Comment

Bird returns to the Pacers

Yahoo!Sports reported that Indiana Pacers President of Basketball Operations Larry Bird will return for his post and a contract renewal will is in progress.
                      Sacramento Kings

Comment

Pacers narrow list

According to SBNation, the Indiana Pacers have narrowed down the candidate for the head coach position to two men. One if Frank Vogel and second is former Cleveland Cavaliers head coach Mike Brown.
                        Sacramento Kings

Comment

It is looking like interim head coach Frank Vogel will resume his coaching in Indiana.

Sacramento Kings

Comment

The Indiana Pacers is the latest team to contact Dallas Mavericks assistant coach Dwane Casey for setting up an interview.
                            Last edited by CKR13; 05-24-2011, 12:21 PM.
                            Sacramento Kings

Comment

Sounds like Indiana might not want to keep Frank Vogel, but they can't find anybody else better than him.

Comment

Originally posted by mvblair View Post
                                Sounds like Indiana might not want to keep Frank Vogel, but they can't find anybody else better than him.
                                I agree. Off-season came early with the Pacers and it is still a long off-season until the next NBA season where the Pacers won't commit just yet with Frank Vogel as there are still coaches out there with either expiring contracts or free agent coaches with better track records. Same goes for Vogel, he can also entertain offers not just from the NBA, but as well as from Schools.
                                Sacramento Kings

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information