Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DongGuan Leopard VS ShangHai Shark this night at 19:30 BEIJING time

the CCTV5(China cetral sport channel)are going to broadcast the live

Expect a successive win at the Leopards' home court,and good performance by Vroman as well since the Sharks show poor power at the first round

Comment

Originally posted by Romia View Post
      DongGuan Leopard VS ShangHai Shark this night at 19:30 BEIJING time

the CCTV5(China cetral sport channel)are going to broadcast the live

Expect a successive win at the Leopards' home court,and good performance by Vroman as well since the Sharks show poor power at the first round
      Shanghai was a very good team last year (one of the best 4 teams and they lost to the winners of the CBA championship, Guangdong, in the semifinals)

I guess not having an Asian import like Zaid Abbas with them this season might affect their performance later on in the season... even though they got Max Zhang (Zhang ZhaoXu) from the NCAA so I hope he can make a difference for them.

Anyways hope it will be a good game for Vroman... If not Yao Ming should be happy if his team wins

Comment

Originally posted by Romia View Post
        So modest when the Vroman deal with an interview with a Chinese journalist.

“The turnovers this match maybe the most in my career,I feel not so good”

Journalist asked:"I note that your team had been once fall beined about a dozen,why could you catch up "

"Just Cuz we(Vroman and another import)are play together well,and know each other ,we play tacit cooperation together,feel well"Vroman informed

Vroman played good which impressed so much by the Leopard Coach Gore in the last Asian Champion at last year in TianJin."So I ask to enroll him this season."the Coach laugh out loudly

he got 11 turnovers tonight. 113:97 wins over shanghai. i think he needs a little time to be suitable in CBA, he is a good teamplayer and in several games he will play better!

Comment

in his second game in the cba : jackson vroman:
          15 points 9reb 8ass 2 block 11TO

i don't know why jackson is making a big number of TOs every game
          ASIA 2011 CEDARS ARE COMING

Comment

Originally posted by wilo22 View Post

thx for the infos william just try to take a fast look on vroman's FT percentage i am really looking forward to see if he improved from that range.
            Lebanon mother land of the phoenicians! 7000 years of culture and history and still BEIRUT is "PARIS OF THE MIDDLE EAST"

LONG LIVE THE CEDARS

Comment

dribbles too much

Comment

Good luck for Jackson but i don't think he will remain our naturalized player!
                Proud to be Lebanese
                www.arabasket.com

Comment

Originally posted by daniab View Post
                  I think that changing him is a big mistake. Jackson is the best import that came to the region in my opinion. Remember in asia 2009 we matched China cz they weren't finding a solution for jackson. Naturalizing a defensive center won't give us an advantage against china, they will beat us more easily. Iran is the best example.. With haddadi they were able to match china...with kardoust they had no chance...also take a look at qatar they have gr8 defensive players from senegal but not that good offensively, that is y they can get nowhere.
                  History will write --> "In 2009, China stole the asian cup from Lebanon"

Comment

Originally posted by rtk04 View Post
                    I think that changing him is a big mistake. Jackson is the best import that came to the region in my opinion. Remember in asia 2009 we matched China cz they weren't finding a solution for jackson. Naturalizing a defensive center won't give us an advantage against china, they will beat us more easily. Iran is the best example.. With haddadi they were able to match china...with kardoust they had no chance...also take a look at qatar they have gr8 defensive players from senegal but not that good offensively, that is y they can get nowhere.
                    The problem is that we're playing Vroman on the center position and he's not a center... he's a power forward and he's much more comfortable playing that position. You can see from his style of play that he likes to dribble up court, sometimes play like a point guard and this is not what we need. Add to that his issues with getting in foul trouble greatly affects the team.
                    No doubt though that Vroman is quite a unique player as his offensive skills as well as ability to create when having the ball are difficult to find in any bball players in this region.

Moreover if Daniel+Billy Faris as well as Matt Freije get back on the NT we will have no problem with big guys who can score.

What we need are the services of a guy like Khazzouh (a big pure center who can help a lot both with his defense as well as his offense).

Let's see what type of names we will be considering first though (If CJ Giles name comes up then of course we should keep Vroman )

Comment

You are totally wrong !!
                      Before opening this issue find a better replacement for him then suggest to change him.
                      Who do you think is better? Darryl Watkins? CJ ? hahaha
                      Have you ever seen a left/right handed more efficient power forward than him? He can drive the basket, use the 2 sides of the perimeter with no hesitation and same efficency.
                      Haven't you seen his drives to the basket against Spain in the WC ? they had no solution to him
                      Haven't you seen his quickness? his flexibility and fast movement ?
                      Try to immagine the team without Khatib and Vroman on the court , you know how would it look like ? I'll tell you: No leader on the court, no one to take a decision on the court, no one wants the ball, the set offense will be very slow , the pg will keep on dribbling then either he commits a turnover or baddo yechlefa aan el 3 points and he'll miss !! and we've been in a similar situation many times...
                      Go try to convince Julien Khazzouh to play with the team , work on the champville lebanese 21 year old center 2m10 who stays on the bench to become a high class player... Jackson is the best PF in the region, huge mistake to replace him at the moment... our problem is to find a pure lebanese center instead of saying this

Comment

well, i think replacing vroman would be a huge mistake for us, i dont think we could find any better player than him in the mean time.
                        He's simply amazing, and even though he's not a center he's averaging alot of rebounds. i think the best thing to do is keep him, he gives depth to our team, and make him play the 4, along side daniel faris or billy or kazzouh on the 5 . with matt freije on the 3, i dont think we'll have a height problem than
                        i mean imagine, el khatib on 2, freije vroman and faris on 3-4-5, all are quite tall and can help us alot under the basket.
                        remmember that khatib is a very good rebounder , and with freije (208 cm) on the 3, i dont think we'll have a problem in the paint
                        just my opinion

Comment

if daniel will play on the centre position or we can convince kazzouh to join our nt we should keep vroman.
                          if not we must find a new pure centre better than CJ and Watkins
                          ASIA 2011 CEDARS ARE COMING

Comment

darryl watkins is the best choice

Comment

Originally posted by micho View Post
                              darryl watkins is the best choice
                              Man if derryl watkins was the best choice then it is not logic for him playing in Lebanon...if he was that gr8 then he could have got better contracts in CBA or europe cz they pay more...at least let us wait and see how will he form in the rest of the league... We cannot declare him as the best from only 3-4 games...remember cj giles??? Vroman killed him 2 years in a row at the asian cup..
                              There is one important thing about vroman...he has been for 2 years with the national team and played all the games from the bottom of his heart..in turkey he was the best... against spain he outplayed their centers till the start of second quarter where he got 2 unfair fouls (including a technical after he clearly blocked gasol or fernandez I forgot who)...he could have finished this game having more than 30 pts... (In one quarter he had 14 pts)
                              History will write --> "In 2009, China stole the asian cup from Lebanon"

Comment

if daniel will play on the centre position or we can convince kazzouh to join our nt we should keep vroman.
                                if not we must find a new pure centre better than CJ and Watkins
                                I agree with you. Vroman is a unique player and he can really help us in case we found a tall lebanese pure center. ie if julian khazzouh (or another one that has a decent level) accepted to play with us vroman can really be effective on pos 4. He can even play without worrying of the foul trouble since we have daniel faris, ali kanaan and william pharis as a replacement. Freije will be able to play on pos 3 once again and therefor our we would benefit from him from behind the arc as a mismatch in addition to his penetration skills. If so vroman should stay, if not than i'd rather naturalize a player like daryll watkins and let daniel play on 4 and freije on 3.

It is gd that coach baldwin is following our league and feeling the spirit of our players. He hopefully knows what is the best for our national team. A player like daryll might help us more than a player like julian. Who knows, after all we are not worried anymore about position 4 after daniel's arrival and we have seen fadi lately with his outstanding performance, we dt need 2 high level scorers in one team. (of course if we managed to find a gd tall lebanese pure center whom accepted to play with us if not than vroman should be replaced)
                                Lebanon mother land of the phoenicians! 7000 years of culture and history and still BEIRUT is "PARIS OF THE MIDDLE EAST"

LONG LIVE THE CEDARS

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information