No announcement yet.

The New York Knicks Thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ESPN is now reporting that Carmelo Anthony and the Knicks are negotiating a five year contract.
    Sacramento Kings
    HERE WE STAY UNTIL THE COWBELLS COME HOME

Comment

• Carmelo Anthony reached a deal with the Knicks for a five year max contract.
      Sacramento Kings

Comment

• Watching this team struggle for the last 15 years after the Patrick Ewing era with a total of one playoff series wins brings a smile to my face. Ewing was so unappreciated during his years by knick fans. And looking back was his team really supposed to beat the Jordan-pippin bulls who eliminated him 5 times ?
        His best chance came in 1994 but was outplayed by a superior all-time great Hakeem Olajuwon. No shame in that in my eyes. So as the years roll by and the knick futility continues I wonder how much knick fans miss a guy like Ewing who meant 50 wins and and at least one playoff series win year in and year out.
        Silver medal 2012 Olympics prediction game.

Comment

• Originally posted by usagre View Post
          Watching this team struggle for the last 15 years after the Patrick Ewing era with a total of one playoff series wins brings a smile to my face. Ewing was so unappreciated during his years by knick fans. And looking back was his team really supposed to beat the Jordan-pippin bulls who eliminated him 5 times ?
          His best chance came in 1994 but was outplayed by a superior all-time great Hakeem Olajuwon. No shame in that in my eyes. So as the years roll by and the knick futility continues I wonder how much knick fans miss a guy like Ewing who meant 50 wins and and at least one playoff series win year in and year out.
          I remember 1999 during the Finals. Up until this day, I had wondered if had Ewing played, would the Knicks have won against Robinson and Duncan? Fast forward today, I can't stand the toxic culture with the Knicks. My dad is Knicks fan since the 1970s but during the 2000s, the Knicks just alienated his interest after Allan Houston retired.
          Sacramento Kings

Comment

• Originally posted by CKR13 View Post
            I remember 1999 during the Finals. Up until this day, I had wondered if had Ewing played, would the Knicks have won against Robinson and Duncan? Fast forward today, I can't stand the toxic culture with the Knicks. My dad is Knicks fan since the 1970s but during the 2000s, the Knicks just alienated his interest after Allan Houston retired.
            I think Ewing had seen better days by 1999 and the combination of Robinson and Duncan would have been too much for
            him. And for me it was the stephon Marbury years that finally alienated me for good.
            Silver medal 2012 Olympics prediction game.

Comment

• bargnani

it is a long time what i don't hear speaking of bargnani, how is he? when is he going come back in field?

regards

Comment

• Knicks make an upgrade at their PG position, but lost two wings in the process, although JR Smith was practically unwanted now while Shumpert has health questions.

Dion Waiters to Thunder
                JR Smith & Iman Shumpert to Cavs
                Reggie Jackson to Knicks
                Sacramento Kings

Comment

• Hold up, OKC pulled out Reggie Jackson from the deal. So this deal would be a straight up salary shed from the Knicks.

EDIT:

Finalized trade according to ESPN

Cleveland Gets- Jr. Smith, Iman Shumpert & OKC's future protected 1st rd draft

OKC get Dion Waiters

NYK get Lance Thomas, Alex Kirk, Lou Amundson & Cavs 2019 2nd rd draft
                  Last edited by CKR13; 01-06-2015, 02:53 AM.
                  Sacramento Kings

Comment

• Apparently they're still trying to get Reggie Jackson. Good luck with that.

Comment

• Basing on the news, the new year roster clean up is not yet done. Knicks are trying to find takers for Jose Calderon and Andrea Bargnani.
                      Sacramento Kings

Comment

• Tell me Bargnani wouldn't do great coming off the bench for Spurs. People forget how good he used to be: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TRr7jgb-FDM

As for Calderon, I think sending him and a pick somehow to OKC for Reggie Jackson would work great for both sides.

Comment

• According to Anthony's interview with the NYPost, he is open for surgery that could be season ending in hopes of repairing his left knee.
                          Sacramento Kings

Comment

• Knicks snapped their 16 game skid thanks to Carmelo's timely shots. Langston Galloway also making most of his playing time with the team as he is this season's D-League success story, not backing down from the challenge of Evans and Gordon.
                            Sacramento Kings

Comment

• I'm not the least bit surprised at Langston Galloway. He was a huge star at St. Joe's and he's a great scorer and shooter.

Comment

• I saw people on Twitter mocking the decision to start Galloway, but he actually played much better than most of the team... it was his 5th NBA game only overall, the commentators said.

Watching the Pelicans game, at times in last Q, I seriously thought Knicks were trying to lose the game on purpose... they were almost there but Calderon made his only 3-pt (0/4 I think, and 1/9 fg up to that point) to botch that plan.
                                5 out 6 scientists say Russian roulette is safe.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information