No announcement yet.

Orlando Magic Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Napier buzzer beating three vs Miami. How poetic to see. This builds his confidence with him still honing his offense. He is pressing a lot more on defense with Orlando.
    Sacramento Kings
    HERE WE STAY UNTIL THE COWBELLS COME HOME

Comment

• Hezonja 2/2 from downtown. Rest of the team 0-9.
      Sacramento Kings

Comment

• Tough loss for the Magic. Officials rescinded Gortat's block that was earlier called as a goaltend violation from the layup by Tobias Harris.

Great effort from Peyton in orchestrating the new look attack with a lot of wing action from bigmen. Dedmon's throwing down his body to body defense to Gortat worked a bit as Zards teammates were ignoring Gortat's post up call.

Good effort from Hezonja and Gordon. They will thrive under this Orlando wing attack 1-4 offense.
        Sacramento Kings

Comment

• Great shot by Vucevic, essentially a turnaround J to win the game for the Magic over the Lakers. ESPN's highlight of the night as the shot is trending. Also props to Shabazz Napier for stepping up BIG when Oladipo and Payton were struggling with their shots, having no such luck on those stop and shot situations that they create for themselves when they push up tempo for space.

Napier looked like a bit of Jameer Nelson at times.
          Sacramento Kings

Comment

• Orlando and Biyombo agreed to a four year contract.
            Sacramento Kings

Comment

• Patricio Garino's agent just tweeted a picture of him signing his Magic contract, only he accidentally captured the team's off-season targets list on the whiteboard behind him.

Comment

• Orlando wisely lets draft mistake Aaron Gordon go to RFA. This kid took three years to become any kind of offensive player and can only be that if he dominates the ball. He's never been worth the ridiculous hype he's gotten.

Not surprised they let Payton get to RFA. This kid reminds me so much of Brandon Jennings.

Comment

• Despite the loss to Brooklyn, offense looked so much better without Gordon. Vucevic and Fournier were clicking. Jonathan Isaac looked good, able to switch SF and PF on situational offense.
                  Sacramento Kings

Comment

• Originally posted by CKR13 View Post
                    Despite the loss to Brooklyn, offense looked so much better without Gordon. Vucevic and Fournier were clicking. Jonathan Isaac looked good, able to switch SF and PF on situational offense.
                    Not surprised. AG isn't half as good as he's made out to be imo. Isaac is in the perfect situation playing next to guys like Vucevic and Biyombo, too.

As we saw again, Simmons is a game-changer. He's going to make those winning plays when nobody else will. Unbelievable pickup who I'm still amazed they got for so cheap.

Comment

• Also, can we talk about Vucevic dropping a career high 41? I mean wow.

Comment

• Yeah that was awesome. Vucevic and the Magic have their momentum going by quickly pouncing on the Cavs who seems fatigued from their game vs Milwaukee. Good win as Vucevic has the hot streak going. When Ross was syruggling, Hezonja got his rhythm back. Simmons also came up big.

Also Speights love playing against Cleveland.
                        Sacramento Kings

Comment

• I completely forgot they signed Mo Speezy.

People are overlooking the high quality players these borderline teams are adding. Simmons and Mack are both players who have proven they can make winning plays and contribute offensively in a big way when needed. You add them to a core of Elfrid, T Ross, Vucevic, Fournier, Biz, rookie phenom Isaac, Hezonja, and winning players like Augustin -not to mention 2017 draft pick Iwundu- and it has a major effect.

My only concern was how to make it work with all these ballhandlers but Aaron Gordon going down fixed that and allowed the ball to move.

I don't think they're a playoff team or anything but they can trap a few teams for sure this year.

Comment

• Jonathon Simmons just showed OUT tonight. 22 points​ in the third quarter alone!

This dude is legit as a penetrator who can shoot a bit and set up his teammates.

Comment

• This move will go under the radar but I think it was really smart for Orlando to trade Elfrid.

Now they can hopefully let guys like Simmons and the other vets run the offense in a different kind of way.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information