Turkish NT 2011

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Turkish NT 2011

We have one mediocre Pg Kerem Tunçeri,he played his best basketball of his life and he ll surely quit in few years the NT And we dont have any good PG nominee instead of him(even we dont have any mediocre candidate)
    Hedo is 31 years old.Also he will quit the NT soon.
    We dont have sharp shooter as Ibrahim Kutluay,and also have no nominee for such ability.Maybe Ersan,but he is not pure shooter still for me.Maybe he will be.
    Okur got old also and he is having all the time injury problems.
    Just our best side is on Inside area.That we have Asık and esp. Erden who are very young and can serve for NT for many years.

So we must quickly fill the gaps as i mentioned.if not we wont be nowhere for few years.

EC in Lithuania 2011, Turkey places 8th.
    My homage to The heroes:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fOFlzU14Ivs

Comment

Originally posted by Alyosha12 View Post

thanks,very detailed interpretation ,i m very proud of your heroes...

Comment

Turkish NT will be stronger next year.Probably Enes Kanter and Mehmet Okur will be in squad.We will be one of the candidate for playing in final.
        Turkish National Team in 2016

PG : Kenan Sipahi - Dogus Balbay - Kartal Ă–zmızrak
        SG : Melih Mahmutoğlu - Furkan Korkmaz - Cedi Osman
        SF : Metecan Birsen - Okben Ulubay
        PF : Ersan Ilyasova - Ilkan Karaman - Furkan Aldemir
        C : Omer Asik - Enes Kanter - Emircan Kosut

Comment

Haha, show a little respect for the team that demolished yours
          THE NBA IS FAKE

Comment

Originally posted by UMUT_FB_LAL View Post
            Haha, show a little respect for the team that demolished yours
            Hey i am sorry the OP asked a question i answered, if you don't like it GTFO

So after you hosted the 2001 EC and took 2nd place how did you place in the next competitions and the competitions after that? Exactlly!

And lol sure you demolished us, without almost our whole starting 5 good job
            My homage to The heroes:
            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fOFlzU14Ivs

Comment

Originally posted by artorius View Post
              thanks,very detailed interpretation ,i m very proud of your heroes...
              Not a nice way to treat the first guy that answered your question.

I don't think the Turks will be worse than this year, but other teams (especially Spain, if Pau is playing) may be a lot stronger.

I expect France and Germany to also be significantly stronger.

So, I think that Turkish success will (of course) depend upon who they meet in the knock-out stage, I can see them going from silver (ok, maybe even gold, but if they get extremely lucky) to 8th place.

P.S. I have a question for our Turkish friends.
              I have noticed that you have frequently used 'Respect us' or 'Respect the team...' (& similar stuff involving 'Respect').
              Is 'Respect' commonly used in such phrases in Turkish or something?
              "One more thing, if any admin delit this topic than the next time you will hear from me will not be on this forum but in a court of law with human right crimes on your shoulders, racism, nazism, breaking international law."

Comment

It's very hard to say what Turkey will do during the next Eurobasket. As many posters in this forum suggest, the home court advantage is a very important factor. So the question is, can Turkey maintain a good level outside Turkey?

In part, they definately can, since we saw quite a strong Turkey aquad in Poland as well. But that Turkey did not reach the medals, not to mention that the Eurobasket in Poland was full of absentees.

Also some of Turkey's players are getting old (Gonlum, Turkoglou, Tunceri, Onan), but on the other hand some are developing quite good (Asik, Illiasova). So it's fair to say that they will maintain a good level. Even outside Turkey. Whether that's enough for a medal? We'll see.
                PAO EUROPEAN CHAMPION 1996 - 2000 - 2002 - 2007 - 2009 - 2011

Comment

Originally posted by prtzn View Post
                  Not a nice way to treat the first guy that answered your question.

I don't think the Turks will be worse than this year, but other teams (especially Spain, if Pau is playing) may be a lot stronger.

I expect France and Germany to also be significantly stronger.

So, I think that Turkish success will (of course) depend upon who they meet in the knock-out stage, I can see them going from silver (ok, maybe even gold, but if they get extremely lucky) to 8th place.

P.S. I have a question for our Turkish friends.
                  I have noticed that you have frequently used 'Respect us' or 'Respect the team...' (& similar stuff involving 'Respect').
                  Is 'Respect' commonly used in such phrases in Turkish or something?
                  I am not so optimistic for Our NT.We dont have real good PG.Tunceri played well in WC,but he is not so good in general.And Arslan's main ability is long distance 3 pointers.Our main ability is our perfect tough defence and having 2 young quite good(if they can improve theirselves and Asık quits stupid tricks they can be very perfect in the next years) Centers.
                  Yeah i think we use it commonly.Saygi göster=show respect we use for such situations.

Comment

I don't think that we have to worry about our future.

Top PG Prospects for next years: Dogus Balbay(89), Safak Edge(92), Engin AtsĂ¼r(85) maybe will get better.

SG: Evren BĂ¼ker(85), Melih Mahmutoglu(90), Can Mutaf(91)

SF: Akyol(87), Birkan Batuk(90), (Emir Preldzic)

PF: Enes Kanter (92), Deniz Kilicli (90), Ilkan Karaman (90)

C: Furkan Aldemir (91), Dusan Cantekin (91)

Not all players will reach top level. But I expect 4-5 of them to be top international players. Still for 2011 we have the same squad. Maybe we can add players like Balbay and Kanter. But most players will stay.

PG: Tunceri/ Arslan /Balbay
                    SG: GĂ¼ler/ AtsĂ¼r
                    SF: Hedo/Akyol
                    PF: Ilyasova/Kanter
                    C: Asik/Erden/Savas (Okur)

Comment

Originally posted by TB-Fan View Post
                      I don't think that we have to worry about our future.

Top PG Prospects for next years: Dogus Balbay(89), Safak Edge(92), Engin AtsĂ¼r(85) maybe will get better.

SG: Evren BĂ¼ker(85), Melih Mahmutoglu(90), Can Mutaf(91)

SF: Akyol(87), Birkan Batuk(90), (Emir Preldzic)

PF: Enes Kanter (92), Deniz Kilicli (90), Ilkan Karaman (90)

C: Furkan Aldemir (91), Dusan Cantekin (91)

Not all players will reach top level. But I expect 4-5 of them to be top international players. Still for 2011 we have the same squad. Maybe we can add players like Balbay and Kanter. But most players will stay.

PG: Tunceri/ Arslan /Balbay
                      SG: GĂ¼ler/ AtsĂ¼r
                      SF: Hedo/Akyol
                      PF: Ilyasova/Kanter
                      C: Asik/Erden/Savas (Okur)
                      Yes AtsĂ¼r,i forgot how about his injury.I know Şafak,he gives me hope for PG position,but let s give him 1-2 years.

Comment

Of course. I think that 2012 all 79 generation players will quit their NT career. No Hedo, no Tunceri and no Okur anymore. The 87 generation will have to take the leadership. So 2013 there will be a completely new squad.

PG: AtsĂ¼r/Balbay/Edge
                        SG: BĂ¼ker/Mutaf
                        SF: Ilyasova/Akyol
                        PF: Kanter/ Kilicli
                        C: Asik/Aldemir/Savas

Comment

Hey i am sorry the OP asked a question i answered, if you don't like it GTFO

So after you hosted the 2001 EC and took 2nd place how did you place in the next competitions and the competitions after that? Exactlly!

And lol sure you demolished us, without almost our whole starting 5 good job
                          Wow, what an aggression
                          You should have a beer
                          THE NBA IS FAKE

Comment

We will/should be a contender in 2011. In Poland, nevermind the 8th place, we were 1 OT loss away from the semi-final. We know what happened this year, and this team is getting better.

The backbone of the team is intact:
                            Tunceri/Atsur/Guler/Ilyasova/Asik/Savas/Erden

+ the likely fillers:
                            Akyol/Buker/Kanter/Arslan/Onan/Gonlum/Balbay/Ozer/Aldemir

Hedo and Okur are not critical for our NT's success, and can be replaced by currently better options.
                            5 out 6 scientists say Russian roulette is safe.

Comment

Originally posted by Levenspiel View Post
                              We will/should be a contender in 2011. In Poland, nevermind the 8th place, we were 1 OT loss away from the semi-final. We know what happened this year, and this team is getting better.

The backbone of the team is intact:
                              Tunceri/Atsur/Guler/Ilyasova/Asik/Savas/Erden

+ the likely fillers:
                              Akyol/Buker/Kanter/Arslan/Onan/Gonlum/Balbay/Ozer/Aldemir

Hedo and Okur are not critical for our NT's success, and can be replaced by currently better options.
                              Plus, you won against both finalists.
                              And in group stage, you lost only to a very strong, but unlucky, Slovenia.

BTW, Ilyasova @#6
                              "One more thing, if any admin delit this topic than the next time you will hear from me will not be on this forum but in a court of law with human right crimes on your shoulders, racism, nazism, breaking international law."

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information