Comment

• Originally posted by janitor_fish View Post
      ABL-SMB beat the SEAG bound SINAG 73 - 66
      0-1 for SINAG PHILS.
      sigpicNEVER SAY DIE PILIPINAS!

Comment

And that's without their two imports, Chris Banchero and Junmar Fajardo.

Nolie Eala said that if there would be a BPoG it would've been Benedict Fernandez.
        “You don’t have to be a fantastic hero to do certain things – to compete. You can be just an ordinary chap, sufficiently motivated.” - Sir Edmund Hillary

Comment

You have to remember that the SAN MIGUEL-ABL squad is the older and experienced team. The win does not surprise me because of the experience the players of the SAN MIGUEL-ABL carried in the game yesterday. Majority of those in the SMB-ABL team are above 25 years old. While those of Sinag Pilipinas are from 18 to 23 years with Greg (I think) as the oldest at 23 years old.

Comment

• Originally posted by The_Big_Cat View Post
            You have to remember that the SAN MIGUEL-ABL squad is the older and experienced team. The win does not surprise me because of the experience the players of the SAN MIGUEL-ABL carried in the game yesterday. Majority of those in the SMB-ABL team are above 25 years old. While those of Sinag Pilipinas are from 18 to 23 years with Greg (I think) as the oldest at 23 years old.
            Chris Tiu at 26 years.

Comment

• Originally posted by The_Big_Cat View Post
              Ah, I agree with you on this. Sometimes EXPERIENCE really tramples TALENT.
              “You don’t have to be a fantastic hero to do certain things – to compete. You can be just an ordinary chap, sufficiently motivated.” - Sir Edmund Hillary

Comment

• Sinag also missed players from SBC and SSC-R
                The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 5 characters.

Comment

• There's a need to wait until both SMC and Sinag are at full strength and coached as a full team for at least three months. Pinoys tend to make a lot of excuses for losses, and it will be good to wait until the time for shutting up. Let's not also forget that Sinag is an MVP team on paper money, and any San Miguel team will play emotionally and hard against any MVP team. It's just the way things are.

Besides, some of the MVP teams are not even complete yet. TNT still needs to replace its ridiculously small center named Ali Peek with a full sized one like Slaughter, and at least two young power forwards standing at least 6'8" to become a decent basketball team. Meralco needs to upsize too. Once this happens, let's see if SMC, Petron, BMeg and Ginebra and their imports can take on these MVP teams.

My views are obviously biased because the only teams that matter personally to me are the FIBA national teams. With almost no realistic possibility that San Miguel teams and their players will be allowed to play for the FIBA national teams, these teams and players are as good as garbage to me and certainly not worth more than the tambay barangay teams. For sure, MVP teams, and maybe one or two other PBA teams can lend some players. So these teams' players and coaches are the ones I really bother to watch on TV. Players you can't use are called useless.
                  Last edited by dtfernando; 10-30-2011, 05:06 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by potz05 View Post
                    Ah, I agree with you on this. Sometimes EXPERIENCE really tramples TALENT.
                    No pun intended here but that depends how good or how talented the team of sinag national squad
                    “I think our point guards are small,” “Not to say that our point guards are not good, but I believe that we need bigger point guards.”
                    - SBP President Manny V. Pangilinan

Wanted: Philippine version of Jordan's talented backcourt tandem of 6'5" Sam Daghlas & 6'4" Rashem Wright

Comment

• wont be surprised if malaysia beats us. theyve had good exposures lately..
                      I remember someone hated the term"PUSO" so much.
                      A few years later, "PUSO" has become Gilas's battle cry.

Now i know where Manu_bol's hate is coming from.

Comment

• malaysia is fresh from FIBA Asia...while Sinag players are fresh from UAAP and NCAA plus games like this where they cannot even beat a half baked SMC team.

are they supposed to be the future of PH basketball?
                        "Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness, that most frightens us. Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine as children do. It's not just in some of us; it is in everyone..." - Timo Cruz (Coach Carter)

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by eiji_sawakita View Post
                          malaysia is fresh from FIBA Asia...while Sinag players are fresh from UAAP and NCAA plus games like this where they cannot even beat a half baked SMC team.

yes they are.
                          The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 5 characters.

Comment

• Originally posted by eiji_sawakita View Post
                            malaysia is fresh from FIBA Asia...while Sinag players are fresh from UAAP and NCAA plus games like this where they cannot even beat a half baked SMC team.

you cannot gauge any team just like that on its very first tune-up game, another thing their starter Garvo Lanete and key reserves Ronald Pascual, RR Garcia, Jake Pascual and Ian Sangalang did not play. Coach Norman also decided to use Starter Greg Slaughter sparingly as he just returned from his vacation at Cebu. Chris Tiu who just recently joined the Sinag practices was also not used that much.

But SMB's new find 6'8 Maika Usita is intimidating though.

#52 Maika Usita

And I'll say Benedict Fernandez, Junjun Cabatu, Neil Raneses, RJ Rizada, Christian Luanzon and Allan Mangahas played well.

Unfortunately Chris Tiu late entry to the team have some effect in team chemistry as he is still getting to know the plays and system that Coach Norman is using. There were times he was lost as he got mixed-up with the plays of Sinag with that of Gilas. Jelling of the team is still an issue as they have not yet played actual games together outside this game vs SMB.

By the way the 2nd game Sinag played was after SMB against D-league Cebuana Lhullier which ended at 70-all.
                            Last edited by nardy; 10-30-2011, 04:40 PM.
                            LABAN KUNG LABAN! KAYA NATIN PILIPINAS!
                            Mabuhay ang TEAM PILIPINAS !!!!

NOTHING IS IMPOSSIBLE!
                            THE DREAM LIVES ON !!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by dtfernando View Post
                              There's a need to wait until both SMC and Sinag are at full strength and coached as a full team for at least three months. Pinoys tend to make a lot of excuses for losses, and it will be good to wait until the time for shutting up. Let's not also forget that Sinag is an MVP team on paper money, and any San Miguel team will play emotionally and hard against any MVP team. It's just the way things are.

Besides, some of the MVP teams are not even complete yet. TNT still needs to replace its ridiculously small center named Ali Peek with a full sized one like Slaughter, and at least two young power forwards standing at least 6'8" to become a decent basketball team. Meralco needs to upsize too. Once this happens, let's see if SMC, Petron, BMeg and Ginebra and their imports can take on these MVP teams.

My views are obviously biased because the only teams that matter personally to me are the FIBA national teams. With almost no realistic possibility that San Miguel teams and their players will be allowed to play for the FIBA national teams, these teams and players are as good as garbage to me and certainly not worth more than the tambay barangay teams. For sure, MVP teams, and maybe one or two other PBA teams can lend some players. So these teams' players and coaches are the ones I really bother to watch on TV. Players you can't use are called useless.
                              You hit it right in the kisser sir. Players who cant be utilized by our national team are useless.

Comment

• is 6'8" maika usita a filipino mix ?? reminds me of taulava

Originally posted by nardy View Post
                                you cannot gauge any team just like that on its very first tune-up game, another thing their starter Garvo Lanete and key reserves Ronald Pascual, RR Garcia, Jake Pascual and Ian Sangalang did not play. Coach Norman also decided to use Starter Greg Slaughter sparingly as he just returned from his vacation at Cebu. Chris Tiu who just recently joined the Sinag practices was also not used that much.

But SMB's new find 6'8 Maika Usita is intimidating though.

#52 Maika Usita

And I'll say Benedict Fernandez, Junjun Cabatu, Neil Raneses, RJ Rizada, Christian Luanzon and Allan Mangahas played well.

Unfortunately Chris Tiu late entry to the team have some effect in team chemistry as he is still getting to know the plays and system that Coach Norman is using. There were times he was lost as he got mixed-up with the plays of Sinag with that of Gilas. Jelling of the team is still an issue as they have not yet played actual games together outside this game vs SMB.

By the way the 2nd game Sinag played was after SMB against D-league Cebuana Lhullier which ended at 70-all.
                                =========================================
                                Anyone who wants to replace a coach because his dwarf team keeps losing against bigger teams is wishing for a miracle and should get a magician. A more practical solution is to get reinforcements unless one is content to wait a few more years in the hope that the dwarf players will grow wings and fly over their defenders. PBA reinforcements will not guarantee a championship, but it will guarantee close losses which is enough to make me happy.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information