Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mr. Basketball View Post
    its not hating its called player evaluation

satnam singh played on the junior team at img this year and his team finished with a 5-22 record with 1 tie (?)

you wont find individual stats

http://www.maxpreps.com/high-schools...tball/home.htm
    I called your post "hating" because it was clearly an agenda based evaluation. You made a big deal about his worst game but failed to mention his overall stellar performance. If you were balanced, I would not have called out your post.
    Like Weird Al? You'll love Bobio: http://www.youtube.com/results?searc...obiolover&aq=f

Comment

my agenda is to accurately rate his ability relative to the amount of publicity given to him. seems like youre emotionally attached to him which makes you perfect for bfi/nba india propaganda.

see his game video and how he runs and plays against good competition. show his stats at img and game video if he is being marketed as the yao ming of india and an nba prospect.

he seems like a nice man, i have contacts in punjab at ludhiana academy that say he's closer to 20 years old. its common practice to falsify birth certificates by 5 years so players can play in age level tournament in india.

the 'kid' who was recently named mvp of the junior nationals, which is meant for u17 age group, is 21 or 22 years old.
      Last edited by Mr. Basketball; 06-23-2012, 06:18 AM.

Comment

I really hope he makes it into the NBA, been waiting for an Indian player for years, will be unbelievable if he makes it.
        In order to serve yourself, you must serve others

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Basketball;708424[B
          ]my agenda is to accurately rate his ability relative to the amount of publicity given to him.[/B] seems like youre emotionally attached to him which makes you perfect for bfi/nba india propaganda.

see his game video and how he runs and plays against good competition. show his stats at img and game video if he is being marketed as the yao ming of india and an nba prospect.

he seems like a nice man, i have contacts in punjab at ludhiana academy that say he's closer to 20 years old. its common practice to falsify birth certificates by 5 years so players can play in age level tournament in india.

the 'kid' who was recently named mvp of the junior nationals, which is meant for u17 age group, is 21 or 22 years old.
          But that's just it. there was nothing "accurate" about what you wrote. It was one sided and sloppy. I have no problem admitting that he had bad games, but unlike you, I also point out his great ones. I have zero emotional attachment to him, my only attachment is to honesty and objectivity, hence me calling you out. I have no idea how good he will turn out, but it is a fact that he has put up some very good numbers. Who are you saying is 21 or 22?
          Like Weird Al? You'll love Bobio: http://www.youtube.com/results?searc...obiolover&aq=f

Comment

let me put it to you simply and honestly

he cant shoot dribble or run up and down the court and is awkward and unco-ordinated

the only reason hes talked about is because he freakishly tall and nba india wants to increase interest in basketball in india

the fiba u16 tournament isnt an accurate measure of nba potential, he had some good numbers against players who were much shorter than him and probably actually under 16 years old instead of 20

at img he has been non existent in terms of any signs of dominance, his JV team was 5-20

what other player on a 5-20 jv team would have full length articles written about him in espn mag

not so coincidently espn and nba are partners, nba owns basketball in india along with who? img

go to youtube and view his full game video against sub par teams like nepal and bangladesh and bhutan and sri lanka

india has over a billion people and he's written about in magazines because of the marketing potential in india

just because i gave an accurate scouting report on him doesnt mean i wish him badly

""If you can walk and chew gum and say your birthday .. and be 7 feet tall, you can get a pro Basketball contract." - Jalen Rose
            Last edited by Mr. Basketball; 07-04-2012, 07:04 PM.

Comment

if Satnam Singh is going to make it in the NBA ... he's not currently rated in the top 150 players for the HS Class of 2014 despite being 7'2".

His IMG teammate Boubacar Moungoro is rated 49th.

Comment

IMG's Varsity Basketball team has 3 seven footers, But their record for the 2012-2013 season currently stands at 2 wins and 27 losses.

Every week, IMG Academy’s campus is buzzing with news. IMG Academy is a thrilling place, and we’d like to share it with you!

See the IMG Academy Ascenders's basketball schedule, roster, rankings, standings and more on MaxPreps.com

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Basketball View Post
                  IMG's Varsity Basketball team has 3 seven footers, But their record for the 2012-2013 season currently stands at 2 wins and 27 losses.

Every week, IMG Academy’s campus is buzzing with news. IMG Academy is a thrilling place, and we’d like to share it with you!

http://www.maxpreps.com/high-schools...tball/home.htm
                  I seriously doubt any of the 7-footers are playing on the varsity team. High school centers are like 6'4'' or 6'5''. There's no way any team with 3 7-footers can lose by 40 or 50 points every other game.

Edit:This is recent news from last month mentioning a "Satnam Singh" playing for Punjab (isn't this where he originally came from):

So he probably is back in India.
                  Last edited by sinobball; 02-16-2013, 03:28 AM.
                  aim low, score high

Comment

The IMG team with the good players plays largely against junior colleges and similar "academies". Here's a box score from January, no Singh:
                    Originally posted by Fedfan
                    Most ppl get childish when they lose.
                    Originally posted by GuTO
                    refs in games of Spain walks with literally poop in his pants afraid of the Spanish players

Comment

For the past 3 days the team was playing in IMG Academy’s Beach Blast tournament. Lots of recognizable schools all over the country, so the competition should have been good.
                      Sports Academy - IMG Academy offers athletes the opportunity to improve their sport and educational performance on our 600 acre, world-class campus.

Apparently IMG has a "IMG National Varsity" (real varsity team) and a "IMG Academy Varsity".

Lots of photos:

I see Satnam Singh, Meng Xiangyu and what appears to be other Indian players. Prabtaj Sandher, isn't that an Indian name?
                      aim low, score high

Comment

Sports Academy - IMG Academy offers athletes the opportunity to improve their sport and educational performance on our 600 acre, world-class campus.

Comment

Still at IMG:
                          Originally posted by Fedfan
                          Most ppl get childish when they lose.
                          Originally posted by GuTO
                          refs in games of Spain walks with literally poop in his pants afraid of the Spanish players

Comment

Sacramento Kings
                            HERE WE STAY UNTIL THE COWBELLS COME HOME

Comment

Satnam recently worked out with the Celtics.
                              The Boston Celtics are working out a number of potential draft prospects, and while he doesn't have the biggest name, one of their Thursday tryouts certainly brings the biggest frame.
                              Sacramento Kings

Comment

"If I dont get picked in the NBA Draft,I'll try my luck in D-League and return to the NBA next year"-Satnam Singh Bhamara
                                Sacramento Kings

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information