Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Lewis View Post
    LOL, this is still going on

I mean yeah I admit that Turkey cheated, and they don't deserve the silver medal, but hey Stuff like that happens all the time in basketball, that's part of the game.

just let it be and move on already

Next time around. guess FIBA should use the replay more often like in the NBA
    Turkey did not cheat buddy.Refs favoured Turkey in the Semi final.If you say "cheat" it means Turkish BB fed. arranged sth with Fiba with refs etc by money.But if you say refs over favored Turkey in the Semi it means refs helped overly to the host nation.They are completely different terms.

Comment

• ^...cheating could also take place by the players as well, by doing something intentional, like e.g. making an extra step while holding the ball, or gaining advantage by purposefully stepping out of bounds to avoid some defense, or by pulling someone's shirt/arm down while defending, or pulling the net after an opponent's bouncing shot over the rim, hoping that the refs won't care much to whistle. And I honestly have no idea what possible agreements the Turkish Bball Fed might have had with FIBA, yet what I saw throughout the tournament the team (...with the kinda exemption of the coach's provokative talk to Bourousis after Greece-Russia) have all been almost immaculate gentlemen (...ok, Asik was a bit of a wuss for staging that act after Teodosic's slap, just to force his replacement by some other teammate of his for the free throws benefit instead of slouchy him, but that was just one, even though prominent, instance).
      In fact that's what I personally liked abt Turkey's team, even more than their occasionally fancy/effective plays : they're not a "dirty dozen" (...maybe only Gonlum is a bit of a trouble-maker, or better yet is the most prone to it among them).
      Last edited by washcloud; 10-01-2010, 08:56 PM.
      sigpic
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PUdOiTjIcxo

Comment

• Originally posted by washcloud View Post
        ^...cheating could also take place by the players as well, by doing something intentional, like e.g. making an extra step while holding the ball, or gaining advantage by purposefully stepping out of bounds to avoid some defense, or by pulling someone's shirt/arm down while defending, or pulling the net after an opponent's bouncing shot over the rim, hoping that the refs won't care much to whistle. And I honestly have no idea what possible agreements the Turkish Bball Fed might have had with FIBA, yet what I saw throughout the tournament the team (...with the kinda exemption of the coach's provokative talk to Bourousis after Greece-Russia) have all been almost immaculate gentlemen (...ok, Asik was a bit of a wuss for staging that act after Teodosic's slap, just to force his replacement by some other teammate of his for the free throws benefit instead of slouchy him, but that was just one, even though prominent, instance).
        In fact that's what I personally liked abt Turkey's team, even more than their occasionally fancy/effective plays : they're not a "dirty dozen" (...maybe only Gonlum is a bit of a trouble-maker, or better yet is the most prone to it among them).
        Buddy,after your comments,i cant find anything to criticize.Such an objective member.What u tell ;always true,real and objective.go on washcloud...

Comment

• Thanks for acknowledging mate...
          sigpic

Comment

• Good post and reading!

Comment

• sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by washcloud View Post
                Thanks for acknowledging mate...

you r welcome.Just when we ll have Greek Nt tough and fighter again.They always make Tournaments more exciting.

Comment

• this threead is still going on with discussions of finite points? i swear everybody here could be a lawyer the least a paralegal
                  "A nationality that easily feels wronged is an insecure one, and one that will be difficult to progress."-Anonymous

Comment

• The thing about Turkey is that they never deserve any medals Why? Because they are Turkey and they wear red and white uniforms. (simply idiotic and one-sided)

Same happened in EC 2009 too, Turkey beat Spain and Serbia and they were not convincing victories because Spain team was at 15% and Serbia team did not care about the match. Then what happened? Greece came and beat us in the QF.

even though the referees issued a few bad calls, i don't say that "Greece shouldn't have been there! We were the better team and we deserved the SF, one sided referees you should all go to hell."

If we were simply the better, then the team would have practically finished the match when ilyasova had made THAT open layup. Guess what? he couldn't and greece came back and the game went to OT. Does that mean that Greece did not deserve the bronze medal? Does a turk have a call to say that?

no. if were the better team then we would have won by a convincing margin.
                    Still, that team was a great team and i think we could have beaten the Greek team.(oh, we couldn't) The team couldn't and that was a great disappointment "for me".

You are not born with a perfect team sense, you work harder to become a team and then you deserve something. I think Turkey had a stronger squad than Greece but they were not better than Greece as a team.

About the WC, bad calls or "missed" calls are the nature of the game. And in front of 15000 fans, an "on the line" call is "too simple to spoil a match at last second." I'm sure in Beograd Arena or in OAKA things would be the same if the home team was the related team. That's the homecourt advantage, and many teams, especially the european powerhouses somehow benefited from it from time to time.

I don't support the "disrighteous" referee decisions. But, hey, Kerem Tunçeri stepped on the line? so what? you could still have blocked the layup with your great frontline players, or have sended him to foul line to miss his free throws because he is a damn terrible player. Or you could have made that alley-oop in the last 0.5 sec (compensation call, if you ask me, the last 0.5 secs ) and you could still have won the game.

I don't even talk about the buildind-up of the game, where Serbia had many chances to bring the margin to 10+. But yes. They couldn't and they let the game to the "road of no return."

Turkey 2010 WC NT was a great team and simply deserved the silver medal.

The thing about Serbians is that, they don't accept Turkey NT as an equal to theirs (or, well, they don't respect the turkish nt). yet they talk about THAT game like turkey nt is their equal. This is a contradiction and inacceptance of a defeat.

Remember, this rag-tag Turkish NT held Serbia scorless in OT in 2009.

Comment

• see 1:25

Stream live NBA games, game replays, video highlights, and access featured NBA TV programming online with Watch NBA TV

end.

Comment

Working...
                      X

Debug Information