Ramon Clemente
    Jose Guitian

Centers
    Manuel Narvaez
    Alphonso Dyer
    sigpic

Comment

• Peter John Ramos is almost out of the tournament

sorry for this stupid google translation but this is the best i can do, so here it goes:

Almost out of the tournament
      A hernia what could be making the important tournament

PETER JOHN RAMOS-fighting position with Benson Lee, said it expects to end its participation in the BSN with the Pirates. (NEW DAY / Carlos Giusti)
      SANTIAGO BY LUIS ARCE / larce@elnuevodia.com

BAYAMON - Indeed, the star center Peter John Ramos country suffers from a physical condition that could keep him out of the National Team in the Olympic qualifiers to be played from August 30 to September 11 in Mar del Plata, Argentina.

He confirmed, however, that local participation will complete your Pirates Quebradillas, last night began the semifinal to the National Superior Basketball (BSN) against the Cowboys in Bayamon.

"I have a small hernia that I'm going to operate after the season," Ramos said before the start of the first shock semifinalist at the Ruben Rodriguez Coliseum in Bayamon. "It may jeopardize my participation (in Argentina) so far," he said.

He reiterated, however, that effort will be made "as usual" time to recover and be active in Mar del Plata, although there is a high possibility of being left out of important continental tournament.

"It feels a little bad because I will not be representing my country, but it's good for me and I have to watch," said Ramos. Also revealed who has the disease for several weeks, and the postoperative recovery process would take up to three weeks.

Pirates reach the final, ending his season in early August, though still valuable pivot and had plans to take two weeks off as soon end the local campaign. "I'm going to finish that drive and then get ready for whatever comes ... depends how I feel, "he added.
      ABUSADOR !!!, ABUSADOR !!!, ABUSADOR !!!, ABUSADOR !!!, ABUSADOR !!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Ciscorlie Horford View Post
        Peter John Ramos is almost out of the tournament

sorry for this stupid google translation but this is the best i can do, so here it goes:

Almost out of the tournament
        A hernia what could be making the important tournament

PETER JOHN RAMOS-fighting position with Benson Lee, said it expects to end its participation in the BSN with the Pirates. (NEW DAY / Carlos Giusti)
        SANTIAGO BY LUIS ARCE / larce@elnuevodia.com

BAYAMON - Indeed, the star center Peter John Ramos country suffers from a physical condition that could keep him out of the National Team in the Olympic qualifiers to be played from August 30 to September 11 in Mar del Plata, Argentina.

He confirmed, however, that local participation will complete your Pirates Quebradillas, last night began the semifinal to the National Superior Basketball (BSN) against the Cowboys in Bayamon.

"I have a small hernia that I'm going to operate after the season," Ramos said before the start of the first shock semifinalist at the Ruben Rodriguez Coliseum in Bayamon. "It may jeopardize my participation (in Argentina) so far," he said.

He reiterated, however, that effort will be made "as usual" time to recover and be active in Mar del Plata, although there is a high possibility of being left out of important continental tournament.

"It feels a little bad because I will not be representing my country, but it's good for me and I have to watch," said Ramos. Also revealed who has the disease for several weeks, and the postoperative recovery process would take up to three weeks.

Pirates reach the final, ending his season in early August, though still valuable pivot and had plans to take two weeks off as soon end the local campaign. "I'm going to finish that drive and then get ready for whatever comes ... depends how I feel, "he added.
        Ramos could be the most dominant center in this FIBA Americas

very very important down to Puerto Rico

good for the other teams!

Comment

• They will be better without him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Waneko View Post
            They will be better without him.
            that's what i thought too, I think saying that he is the best ceter in America is an aberration, I can still here from here Dwight Howard's, Nene's and Horford's eco's from the hard slap on the face that GustavoGanso just gave them.

He is a good player though, he could have been a legend in international play if wasn't so dumb because he had the potential, the tool and specially the body to do it.
            ABUSADOR !!!, ABUSADOR !!!, ABUSADOR !!!, ABUSADOR !!!, ABUSADOR !!!

Comment

• I have Puerto Rico games of last WC here in my desktop, and Ramos was one of most dominant centers of the tournament, he's not a big technique player but have a great body, height and knows how to play basketball, he make a lot of difficult to the oponnents in the paint.

Preolimpico Baja para Puerto Rico: Nathan Peavy a ser operado en el dedo anular de la mano derecha y queda fuera del torneo.Via @RaulAlzaga

that's true too? so the possibility of Puerto Rico paint starters don't play looks like high...

its bad, game paint is the strong point of my Brazil.

Comment

• Angel Vasallo did not play much of the 4th quarter today against Arecibo in the semis, was sit and with eyes in one of his knees. Not a good sign, I hope is nothing serious.

Not eyes, but ice. Ice in his knees.
                Last edited by rikhardur; 07-17-2011, 08:58 PM.

Comment

• I heard Ramos has big attitude problems, is this true?

Comment

• Originally posted by Xristos View Post
                    I heard Ramos has big attitude problems, is this true?
                    PJ ramos is too immature, and yes he always has attitude problems...
                    sigpic

Comment

• Peavy likely out due to finger surgery
                      Also Ramos cuz of an hernia surgery
                      sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by GustavoGanso View Post
                        I have Puerto Rico games of last WC here in my desktop, and Ramos was one of most dominant centers of the tournament, he's not a big technique player but have a great body, height and knows how to play basketball, he make a lot of difficult to the oponnents in the paint.

Preolimpico Baja para Puerto Rico: Nathan Peavy a ser operado en el dedo anular de la mano derecha y queda fuera del torneo.Via @RaulAlzaga

that's true too? so the possibility of Puerto Rico paint starters don't play looks like high...

its bad, game paint is the strong point of my Brazil.
                        The other teams didn't really have much competition at center so saying he was the best in the tournament doesn't say much.

Yes he has the body, but we can credit God with that, not him. That is what makes him so disappointing, that he has the tools, but doesn't put them to work.

As for him knowing how to play, I have to respectfully disagree. He commits a lot of dumb fouls that keep him on the bench. He never moves his feet on defense. He also rarely gets to the foul line and with his size advantage he should.

The biggest problem I have is how lazy he is. That is the reason why he is such an underachiever. He won't fight for rebounds or position in the paint. He is not aggressive enough on defense (he should use some of those wasted fouls trying to block a shot).

Again, they are better off with just about anyone else playing center.

Comment

• How you are going to say, that the other teams did not have much competition for Peter at the center position. Greece has Bourosis, which is pretty good. Baby Shaq, did not play that day we face them. Russia has Alexander Kaun which is a solid center, and the backup wich is good, I dont remember his name now. Finall, Turkey, the best thing they had is their frontcourt, and Peter did pretty well against them. Common, give him credit, he really have a good game against the european teams, even I agree with you about his inmature and inconsitency.

Comment

• Originally posted by cardenales View Post
                            How you are going to say, that the other teams did not have much competition for Peter at the center position. Greece has Bourosis, which is pretty good. Baby Shaq, did not play that day we face them. Russia has Alexander Kaun which is a solid center, and the backup wich is good, I dont remember his name now. Finall, Turkey, the best thing they had is their frontcourt, and Peter did pretty well against them. Common, give him credit, he really have a good game against the european teams, even I agree with you about his inmature and inconsitency.
                            Only the Turkish guy is worth mentioning. We still lost that game.

Comment

• Vassallo probably out

Error 404. Lo sentimos, pero la página que busca no se encuentra, algo pudo haber pasado con la dirección o simplemente no existe. Intente de nuevo.

to boricuans, what is the best basketball forum of Puerto Rico? I tried to seach in google but not sucess.
                              Last edited by GustavoGanso; 07-17-2011, 11:54 PM.

Comment

• Vassallo officially out. Knee Surgery. 4 to 6 Months.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information