• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A read from FIBA.com about Ayuso.

PUR - Ayuso remains a key player
    Sacramento Kings
    HERE WE STAY UNTIL THE COWBELLS COME HOME

Comment

• Ubiles, John Holland, Huertas, Vassallo area better right now than Larry Ayuso.
      Originally Posted by -K2- View Post
      16 free throws in the last 4 minutes...
      Puerto Rico had 20 the whole game

Seriosuly... someone quote this whole post and signature me... Greek Loby Rulz
      8/29/2010...THE DAY WE GOT ROBBED!

Comment

• 1 news bad and one news good, A.D. Vassallo out of the season....Edwin Ubiles(rookie of the year in the NBDL) will be in the first practice for the NT.

Comment

• PUR - Mix of young, old in NT squad

SAN JUAN (FIBA Olympic Qualifying Tournament) - A 29-man preliminary squad that has both experience and youth has been named by Puerto Rico ahead of a busy summer of international basketball.

The national side, coached by Flor Meléndez, will compete at the Centrobasket and then the FIBA Olympic Qualifying Tournament (OQT).

The OQT in Caracas, Venezuela, is being held in early July and Meléndez's team will be hoping to claim one of three spots available for the London Games.

Veterans Carlos Arroyo, Jose Juan Barea, Carmelo Lee, Ricky Sanchez, Renaldo Balkman, Daniel Santiago and Peter John Ramos are among the established players in the squad.

And so is Ayuso, who has been invited back after serving a ban for leaving the national side in protest over his role in the squad before the 2010 FIBA World Championship.

There are also several American college-based players that Puerto Rico want to bring into the program as they look to the future.

Among them are Mike Rosario (Florida), Víctor Dávila (Virginia Tech), Jorge Bryan Díaz (Nebraska), Devon Collier (Oregon State) and Matt López (Utah State).

"We have tried to have a combination of veteran players and young players that we want to see," Meléndez said.

"Part of our responsibility is not only going to be to compete and win in international tournaments (this summer), but also have a core of players for the next cycle."

Ángel Vassallo has not been included because he has a right knee injury that requires surgery.

The squad will gather for their first training on 16 May.

Puerto Rico will play at the Centrobasket from 18 to 24 June and then the OQT 2 to 8 July.

In between the tournaments, Meléndez's troops will host two friendly games against FYROM on 27 and 28 of June.

FYROM are also in the OQT.

"We will have a good preparation and good scrimmages," Meléndez said.

Puerto Rico preliminary squad for OQT: Carlos Arroyo, José Juan Barea, Andrés Rodríguez, Shabazz Napier, Dennis Clemente, Miguel Alí Berdiel, John Holland, Larry Ayuso, Mike Rosario, Johwen Villegas, Javier Mojica, David Huertas, Edwin Ubiles, Alex Galindo, Carmelo Lee, Kevin Young Morales, Ricky Sánchez, Ramón Clemente, Devon Collier, Tomás Vásquez, Carlos “Yao” López, Nathan Peavy, Renaldo Balkman, Ángel “Piwi” García, Matt López, Víctor Dávila, Jorge Bryan Díaz, Daniel Santiago and Peter John Ramos.
          Die Liebe wird eine Krankheit, wenn man sie als eine Heilung sieht
          Artificial Nature

Comment

• What are the chances Kansas U's Kevin Young making the twelve man roster for the qualifying tournament?
            Last edited by CKR13; 05-04-2012, 06:40 AM.
            Sacramento Kings

Comment

• Chris Gaston and Mike Rosario are two fine products of St. Anthony. Alongside Jio Fontan. I believe that Fontan will be in the pool as well had it not been for an ACL injury.
              Last edited by CKR13; 05-09-2012, 09:42 AM.
              Sacramento Kings

Comment

• kevin Young could go to the Centrobasket, but not to the preolimpic

Comment

• Barea, Balkman, Galindo, Mike Rosario, Chris Gaston, Derrick Beltran, Jonathan Garcia are already practicing...Piwi and Jorge Brian Diaz waiting for doctor release.....

Comment

• I heard Dahntay Jones is in PR, any true to that?
                    sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by -K2- View Post
                      I heard Dahntay Jones is in PR, any true to that?
                      Yeah, but his not practicing, all i know is that he was with Darren Collison at Brava club, with other NBA players like Amare Stoudemire and puertorrican players like Kevin Young, Ubiles, Mike Rosario, Gaston, Derrick Beltran, Balkman, Tomas Vasquez Simmons among others...

Comment

• Is José Juan Barea is going to play? I found it as the key question looking to the preliminary squad for PR.
                        LTU NT will snatch Eurobasket 2029 title with this roster:

Jokubaitis, Marciulionis, Laurencikas
                        Indrusaitis, Brazdeikis, Rubstavicius
                        Buzelis, Lelevicius
                        Murauskas, Sirvydis
                        Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

• Originally posted by Straight forward View Post
                          Is José Juan Barea is going to play? I found it as the key question looking to the preliminary squad for PR.
                          He is already in training camps with NT if I'm not wrong

Comment

• Originally posted by Mindozas View Post
                            He is already in training camps with NT if I'm not wrong
                            Thanks, my bad. PRSURF already mentioned that. I think he's the best player of PR. I saw some great games of him this season and the one before. It's very likely it's gonna be Lithuania- Puerto Rico in the 4finals. PR should be hard nut.
                            LTU NT will snatch Eurobasket 2029 title with this roster:

Jokubaitis, Marciulionis, Laurencikas
                            Indrusaitis, Brazdeikis, Rubstavicius
                            Buzelis, Lelevicius
                            Murauskas, Sirvydis
                            Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

• Tommorrow Puerto Rico will play vs Virgin Island an exhibit game!

Comment

• Originally posted by PRSURF View Post
                                Yeah, but his not practicing, all i know is that he was with Darren Collison at Brava club, with other NBA players like Amare Stoudemire and puertorrican players like Kevin Young, Ubiles, Mike Rosario, Gaston, Derrick Beltran, Balkman, Tomas Vasquez Simmons among others...
                                best chance to run into a famous baller in PR is always the Brava...I think, I've met 50% of all national-team players (name a country in FIBA Americas) there...

I from Wisconsin!
                                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ca6O8FR0rbQ

TO SYNTHESIZER WE ARE A BIG TEAM

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information