Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 290

Thread: The Accomplishments of P.Noy

  1. #1

    Default The Accomplishments of P.Noy

    Tantararan! One month into P.Noy's presidency, i am wondering what has he accomplished so far?
    I know for a fact that he's not yet moved his stuff from their times home to malacanang. Did i hear b3lwzro sneezing OCD!!!! ?

    anyway, i think it's a good idea to post here all of p.noy's accomplishments (both good and bad) so that way we'll have some sort of data to gauge noy with as president.
    ____________________________________________
    time to focus on my own battles.

  2. #2
    Administrator mvblair's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Ohio, USA
    Posts
    11,247

    Default

    ASB, what's your opinion?
    "I really like the attitudes of eagles. They never give up. When they grab a fish or something else, they never let it go. It doesn't matter. In a book, they write they find a skeleton of [an] eagle and there is no fish. It means that the fish beat him and killed him, but he didn't let go." -- Donatas Motiejunas

  3. #3
    Senior Member CKR13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Roanoke, VA
    Posts
    19,083
    Country: United States

    Default

    I read that:

    So far, he has stopped the abuse of some of the Government Officials / Private Citizens on using Road Sirens and Car Blinkers as traffic hazards. I'm not sure if those things are still in circulation.
    Sacramento Kings
    HERE WE STAY UNTIL THE COWBELLS COME HOME

  4. #4
    Senior Member donmar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Ōtautahi, Aotearoa
    Posts
    3,416
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by alien space bats View Post
    Tantararan! One month into P.Noy's presidency, i am wondering what has he accomplished so far?
    I know for a fact that he's not yet moved his stuff from their times home to malacanang. Did i hear b3lwzro sneezing OCD!!!! ?

    anyway, i think it's a good idea to post here all of p.noy's accomplishments (both good and bad) so that way we'll have some sort of data to gauge noy with as president.
    What an idiot.. we or any protesters could easy storm his house at Times than in Malacanang (the most secured house in the country)..

    His accomplishment so far is for "saint-ing" his late mother (R.I.P. Cory) and "nothing" at all... I mean the "Death of Our Nation Address" said it all: excuses! complaints! same old anti-Arroyo slogans! and no solution!...

  5. #5
    Senior Member Khalid80's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Athens, Greece
    Posts
    10,620
    Country: Lebanon

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by alien space bats View Post
    Tantararan! One month into P.Noy's presidency, i am wondering what has he accomplished so far?
    I know for a fact that he's not yet moved his stuff from their times home to malacanang. Did i hear b3lwzro sneezing OCD!!!! ?

    anyway, i think it's a good idea to post here all of p.noy's accomplishments (both good and bad) so that way we'll have some sort of data to gauge noy with as president.
    I haven't really followed the Philippines presidential elections but i'm assuming that president Beingno was voted "in power" becuase the Pinoy population and people really loved his mother the late Cory Acquino (RIP) and it was more of a sympathy and empathy vote to bring him in power.
    I don't know this is just my opinion.

  6. #6
    Senior Member dxjayrock2008's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Bonifacio Global City, Taguig
    Posts
    3,068
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Khalid80 View Post
    I haven't really followed the Philippines presidential elections but i'm assuming that president Beingno was voted "in power" becuase the Pinoy population and people really loved his mother the late Cory Acquino (RIP) and it was more of a sympathy and empathy vote to bring him in power.
    I don't know this is just my opinion.


    My fellow pinoys voted for PNoy because they've been fooled by his campaign promises that he will not steal anything from the nation's coffers and if there's no corruption, there's no poverty. Lol.
    Follow my blogs and tweets. http://dxjayrocksnotes.blogspot.com/ and https://twitter.com/dxjayrock


    España, allá vamos! Copa Mundial de la FIBA 2014!

    Hipon! Hipon! Hipon!

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    N/A
    Posts
    4,242

    Default

    its too early to tell right now, im giving him 6 months before I rate his performance.

    Right now, I think what he did was he found an excuse if ever he gets late to an official meeting or whatnot.
    you know why I am happy

  8. #8
    Senior Member dxjayrock2008's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Bonifacio Global City, Taguig
    Posts
    3,068
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by b3lowzro View Post
    its too early to tell right now, im giving him 6 months before I rate his performance.

    Right now, I think what he did was he found an excuse if ever he gets late to an official meeting or whatnot.

    He made a mistake of banning sirens AKA wang-wang.
    Follow my blogs and tweets. http://dxjayrocksnotes.blogspot.com/ and https://twitter.com/dxjayrock


    España, allá vamos! Copa Mundial de la FIBA 2014!

    Hipon! Hipon! Hipon!

  9. #9

    Default Noynoy sacks PAGASA Chief

    Aquino sacks PAGASA chief


    By Norman Bordadora
    Philippine Daily Inquirer
    First Posted 16:42:00 08/06/2010

    Filed Under: Benigno Aquino III, Weather, Government, Government offices & agencies


    MANILA, Philippines—President Aquino has announced the replacement of weather bureau chief Prisco Nilo after the Philippine Atmospheric Geophysical and Astronomical Services Administration’s gaffe in forecasting the track of Typhoon "Basyang."

    Science Undersecretary Graciano Yumul has been named to head the PAGASA in the interim.

    “He should have taken seriously the fact that they were way off the mark,” Mr. Aquino told reporters in an informal briefing in Malacañang Friday.

    He was referring to the onslaught of Basyang when PAGASA predicted a higher northwestern track for the typhoon over Luzon but the weather disturbance followed a path that hit even Metro Manila south of Central Luzon.

    “He never really bothered to explain,” the President said of the PAGASA chief.

    Aside from the PAGASA’s own but dated equipment, Mr. Aquino said the weather bureau could have also consulted data from other weather bureaus such as those of the US and the nearer Japan.

    “He will be returned to the (career executive service officer) pool,” Mr. Aquino said of Nilo.
    ____________________________________________
    time to focus on my own battles.

  10. #10
    Senior Member dxjayrock2008's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Bonifacio Global City, Taguig
    Posts
    3,068
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by alien space bats View Post
    Aquino sacks PAGASA chief


    By Norman Bordadora
    Philippine Daily Inquirer
    First Posted 16:42:00 08/06/2010

    Filed Under: Benigno Aquino III, Weather, Government, Government offices & agencies


    MANILA, Philippines—President Aquino has announced the replacement of weather bureau chief Prisco Nilo after the Philippine Atmospheric Geophysical and Astronomical Services Administration’s gaffe in forecasting the track of Typhoon "Basyang."

    Science Undersecretary Graciano Yumul has been named to head the PAGASA in the interim.

    “He should have taken seriously the fact that they were way off the mark,” Mr. Aquino told reporters in an informal briefing in Malacañang Friday.

    He was referring to the onslaught of Basyang when PAGASA predicted a higher northwestern track for the typhoon over Luzon but the weather disturbance followed a path that hit even Metro Manila south of Central Luzon.

    “He never really bothered to explain,” the President said of the PAGASA chief.

    Aside from the PAGASA’s own but dated equipment, Mr. Aquino said the weather bureau could have also consulted data from other weather bureaus such as those of the US and the nearer Japan.

    “He will be returned to the (career executive service officer) pool,” Mr. Aquino said of Nilo.


    Wrong move Mr. President!
    Follow my blogs and tweets. http://dxjayrocksnotes.blogspot.com/ and https://twitter.com/dxjayrock


    España, allá vamos! Copa Mundial de la FIBA 2014!

    Hipon! Hipon! Hipon!

  11. #11
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    N/A
    Posts
    4,242

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by obama2008 View Post
    Wrong move Mr. President!
    like how wrong? can you elaborate?
    you know why I am happy

  12. #12
    Senior Member CKR13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Roanoke, VA
    Posts
    19,083
    Country: United States

    Default

    I heard that President Benigno Aquino III had hosted an Acquaintance Dinner for the media during the impending entry of Tropical Storm (Local designation: Basyang) on Northern Luzon. On which P-Noy must know better that storms are generally unpredictable and often alters courses; in which P-Noy was complacent and had the false sense of security basing from PAGASA's storm pattern report that Typhoon Basyang will not cross the NCR's area.

    Instead of wooing the media, P-Noy should have coordinated with various agencies such as NDCC and National Defense Agencies (AFP, AFP) on the status of the storm. Luckily, Basyang had minimal damage compared to Ondoy and Rosing. Lesson learned.
    Last edited by CKR13; 08-11-2010 at 05:28 AM.
    Sacramento Kings
    HERE WE STAY UNTIL THE COWBELLS COME HOME

  13. #13
    Senior Member donmar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Ōtautahi, Aotearoa
    Posts
    3,416
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CKR13 View Post
    I heard that President Benigno Aquino III had been hosting an Acquaintance Dinner for the media during the impending entry of Tropical Storm (Local designation: Basyang) on Northern Luzon. On which P-Noy must know better that storms are generally unpredictable and often alters courses; in which P-Noy was complacent and had the false sense of security basing from PAGASA's storm pattern report that Typhoon Basyang will not cross the NCR's area.

    Instead of wooing the media, P-Noy should have coordinated with various agencies such as NDCC and National Defense Agencies (AFP, AFP) on the status of the storm. Luckily, Basyang had minimal damage compared to Ondoy and Rosing. Lesson learned.

    His biggest challenge right now is the Hacienda Luisita.. from the massacre to the land/farm rights... somehow, his opposition of a non-Aquino (himself) appointed Chief Justice of the Supreme Court paint some picture because he needs a "crony" to run the Supreme Court when the Hacienda Luisita issue comes up...

  14. #14
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    7-11 Quezon City, yo doon ako napadpad
    Posts
    4,977

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CKR13 View Post
    I heard that President Benigno Aquino III had hosted an Acquaintance Dinner for the media during the impending entry of Tropical Storm (Local designation: Basyang) on Northern Luzon. On which P-Noy must know better that storms are generally unpredictable and often alters courses; in which P-Noy was complacent and had the false sense of security basing from PAGASA's storm pattern report that Typhoon Basyang will not cross the NCR's area.

    Instead of wooing the media, P-Noy should have coordinated with various agencies such as NDCC and National Defense Agencies (AFP, AFP) on the status of the storm. Luckily, Basyang had minimal damage compared to Ondoy and Rosing. Lesson learned.
    I'd rather see P-Noy giving a larger budget to PAGASA (and all DOST agencies). One cannot expect better weather forecasting if the government does not upgrade PAGASA's equipment and give incentives for meteorologists to stay here. In fact, no university offers a meteorology course here.

    Science does not need to be tainted by politics.
    Believe!



    Emman Monfort says you may kiss his PBA draftee's ass

  15. #15
    Senior Member CKR13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Roanoke, VA
    Posts
    19,083
    Country: United States

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kerouac82 View Post
    I'd rather see P-Noy giving a larger budget to PAGASA (and all DOST agencies). One cannot expect better weather forecasting if the government does not upgrade PAGASA's equipment and give incentives for meteorologists to stay here. In fact, no university offers a meteorology course here.

    Science does not need to be tainted by politics.
    Well said. I hope our fiscal status would allow that. I'm worried about my relatives in Marikina. Ondoy caught us napping literally.
    Sacramento Kings
    HERE WE STAY UNTIL THE COWBELLS COME HOME

  16. #16
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    7-11 Quezon City, yo doon ako napadpad
    Posts
    4,977

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CKR13 View Post
    Well said. I hope our fiscal status would allow that. I'm worried about my relatives in Marikina. Ondoy caught us napping literally.
    One cannot blame PAGASA's woes on P-Noy alone. Among all the government departments, the DOST gets one of the lowest budget allocations yearly, and the budget is decided at the start of the fiscal year. And to think that PAGASA has to share DOST's meager budget with the likes of PCASTRRD, PSHS, PHIVOLCS, SEI, etc.

    Top-notch countries need top-notch scientists. At much as PSHS and the DOST-SEI churn out around a couple of thousand new scientists every year, the majority go to work in private R&D here or abroad. Or worse, end up in call centers, just because there are no takers locally. PAGASA is no exception. Anyone who's been to the Science Garden along Agham Road would agree that it has seen better days. PHIVOLCS is only marginally better off.

    I was actually expecting P-Noy to at least mention S&T in his speech. Alas, there was no mention of the topic. Sad, but it is only the continuation of a recurring trend, in which sci-tech is pushed to the sidelines over and over again.
    Believe!



    Emman Monfort says you may kiss his PBA draftee's ass

  17. #17
    Senior Member CKR13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Roanoke, VA
    Posts
    19,083
    Country: United States

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kerouac82 View Post
    One cannot blame PAGASA's woes on P-Noy alone. Among all the government departments, the DOST gets one of the lowest budget allocations yearly, and the budget is decided at the start of the fiscal year. And to think that PAGASA has to share DOST's meager budget with the likes of PCASTRRD, PSHS, PHIVOLCS, SEI, etc.

    Top-notch countries need top-notch scientists. At much as PSHS and the DOST-SEI churn out around a couple of thousand new scientists every year, the majority go to work in private R&D here or abroad. Or worse, end up in call centers, just because there are no takers locally. PAGASA is no exception. Anyone who's been to the Science Garden along Agham Road would agree that it has seen better days. PHIVOLCS is only marginally better off.

    I was actually expecting P-Noy to at least mention S&T in his speech. Alas, there was no mention of the topic. Sad, but it is only the continuation of a recurring trend, in which sci-tech is pushed to the sidelines over and over again.
    Now this is beyond my comprehension, but nonetheless must be lauded for the in depth coverage. I must ask you though, do you see a change of the circumstances or a new direction for the R&D Sciences under P-Noy's term?

    I'm hoping though, even for just a nudge.
    Sacramento Kings
    HERE WE STAY UNTIL THE COWBELLS COME HOME

  18. #18
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    7-11 Quezon City, yo doon ako napadpad
    Posts
    4,977

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CKR13 View Post
    Now this is beyond my comprehension, but nonetheless must be lauded for the in depth coverage. I must ask you though, do you see a change of the circumstances or a new direction for the R&D Sciences under P-Noy's term?

    I'm hoping though, even for just a nudge.
    I can't tell right now. But just because he personally handled the PAGASA situation, even if I disagree with what he did, I can see that he's very much a hands-on guy. Whether this is for the better, I can't say. This could lead to either of the following:

    • The science community starts becoming politicized, with scientists, groups, and agencies actively jostling for a share of the spoils (as far as I know, there is a party-list group for scientists (AGHAM) already in the lower House); or
    • The government realizes that it has a mutual-stakeholder relationship of sorts with the R&D community, thus leading to open dialogue and better funding.


    I was a DOST scholar in my first two years in college, and during our orientation, the director told us that the size of the stipend and assistance "depend[ed] on what PAGCOR would give us [DOST]". So it is more or less an isang kahig, isang tuka situation as far as funding is concerned. Hopefully, with the recent disasters, the administration and legislative branch will realize the importance of a thriving state R&D program. Our best scientists routinely go to other countries, but I assure you, if they had the opportunities here, they will not hesitate to go back and serve the people.
    Believe!



    Emman Monfort says you may kiss his PBA draftee's ass

  19. #19
    Senior Member dxjayrock2008's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Bonifacio Global City, Taguig
    Posts
    3,068
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CKR13 View Post
    Now this is beyond my comprehension, but nonetheless must be lauded for the in depth coverage. I must ask you though, do you see a change of the circumstances or a new direction for the R&D Sciences under P-Noy's term?

    I'm hoping though, even for just a nudge.

    PNoy doesn't have any plans regarding on R&D and other projects for the Philippines. He forgot to mention those things in his SONA.
    Follow my blogs and tweets. http://dxjayrocksnotes.blogspot.com/ and https://twitter.com/dxjayrock


    España, allá vamos! Copa Mundial de la FIBA 2014!

    Hipon! Hipon! Hipon!

  20. #20
    Senior Member CKR13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Roanoke, VA
    Posts
    19,083
    Country: United States

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kerouac82 View Post
    I can't tell right now. But just because he personally handled the PAGASA situation, even if I disagree with what he did, I can see that he's very much a hands-on guy. Whether this is for the better, I can't say. This could lead to either of the following:

    • The science community starts becoming politicized, with scientists, groups, and agencies actively jostling for a share of the spoils (as far as I know, there is a party-list group for scientists (AGHAM) already in the lower House); or
    • The government realizes that it has a mutual-stakeholder relationship of sorts with the R&D community, thus leading to open dialogue and better funding.


    I was a DOST scholar in my first two years in college, and during our orientation, the director told us that the size of the stipend and assistance "depend[ed] on what PAGCOR would give us [DOST]". So it is more or less an isang kahig, isang tuka situation as far as funding is concerned. Hopefully, with the recent disasters, the administration and legislative branch will realize the importance of a thriving state R&D program. Our best scientists routinely go to other countries, but I assure you, if they had the opportunities here, they will not hesitate to go back and serve the people.
    Many thanks for the answer. I understand the present conditions now though not all. Thanks again.
    Sacramento Kings
    HERE WE STAY UNTIL THE COWBELLS COME HOME

Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •