Omer Asik and his NBA career

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Omer Asik and his NBA career

After Erden, Ulker looses another center. Asik is officially in Bulls.
    la piscine, j'adore la piscine! towels, sunscreens, bathing suits. diving boards and towels. those ladders, towels.

Originally posted by surfer View Post
    How is Asik's game?

I saw him a year ago when he played against Israel during Turkey's preparation for Eurobasket and he looked good, but that was against Israeli centers thus it probably doesn't say much.

Comment

In my opinion he's quick for his size and that's the biggest plus, however terrible shooter, he definitely needs to improve his free-throws. Sometimes he has problems with positioning under the basket and he dribbles too much in the paint and ends up in an uncomfortable situation to score. But after all I think he's a big threat on defence. He needs a little bit more playing time to improve unfortunately he couldn't get the time he needed in Ulker last season.
      la piscine, j'adore la piscine! towels, sunscreens, bathing suits. diving boards and towels. those ladders, towels.

Comment

It's really funny to see just "Ulker" instead of "Fenerbahce Ulker" from the guys who should really learn this name during the last 4 years...
        Blog

Comment

How is this official, if there's nothing on official web sites of Bulls or Fenerbahce?
          11th Commandment: You shall not say Maccabi is a mediocre team!

Comment

Originally posted by MarkoMilic View Post
            It's really funny to see just "Ulker" instead of "Fenerbahce Ulker" from the guys who should really learn this name during the last 4 years...
            Because it's Ulker. fenerbahçe today is known as a euroleague team only because they merged with Ulker. As a matter of fact, fenerbahçe would not be very different from bjk or gs today if it wasn't for Ulker. So it's Ulker.
            (and don't tell me fb played in Euroleague for "1" tiny season in 1998).

Comment

Thanks surfer

Comment

Because it's Ulker. fenerbahçe today is known as a euroleague team only because they merged with Ulker. As a matter of fact, fenerbahçe would not be very different from bjk or gs today if it wasn't for Ulker. So it's Ulker.
                (and don't tell me fb played in Euroleague for "1" tiny season in 1998).
                Im doing the devil's advocate here.. it wasn't FB that went bankrupt was it..?

So in other words, Ulker would be playing at the semi-pro divisions if it wasn't for FB..

ps. i believe i got the facts right but please do correct me if im wrong.

ps2. has anyone seen Alade Aminu play? how good is his mid-range shot? I havent seen him shoot much.. i would say he is a C in europe, right?
                https://t.me/pump_upp

Comment

Originally posted by kukulas View Post
                  Im doing the devil's advocate here.. it wasn't FB that went bankrupt was it..?

So in other words, Ulker would be playing at the semi-pro divisions if it wasn't for FB..

ps. i believe i got the facts right but please do correct me if im wrong.

ps2. has anyone seen Alade Aminu play? how good is his mid-range shot? I havent seen him shoot much.. i would say he is a C in europe, right?
                  I don't think Ulker went bankruptcy, yes it is true that they decided to decrease their budget before their last season, which they finished as the champions (strange). I also remember that Ulker promised to build an arena for fenerbahçe upon merging, I don't know how it ended though. That's not the kind of promise a bankrupted club would offer.

Comment

Originally posted by IAS View Post
                    How is Asik's game?

I saw him a year ago when he played against Israel during Turkey's preparation for Eurobasket and he looked good, but that was against Israeli centers thus it probably doesn't say much.
                    Of course I haven't seen as much of him as the Turkish friends,but I really believe Asik is one of the most amazing talents in Europe.His quickness for his size is a true wonder of nature!But unuckily on the other side he is one of the worst FT shooters I've ever seen,even more than Shaq,reminds me a lot of Sasha Houpman if you know what I mean...So sadly this makes him sometimes completely useless,at least in the last Eurobasket he had a fantastic 1st round but after that all the teams fouled him when he was on good position for basket and he shot terrible from the line so his coach had no other choice but to substitute him...

Comment

Omer is good. Very good, in my biased opinion . He's currently the 5th Turkish player in NBA, and interestingly all of them are tall players (>2.08m). Kanter will be another tall one probably.

Others who were shorter (Turkcan and Kutluay) came back without making any impact.
                      5 out 6 scientists say Russian roulette is safe.

Comment

Looking forward watching him next year in the Bulls. We can definitely use another tall body in the paint.
                        The Euroleague Organization and Mr Bertomeu are like the Bulgarian Government: corrupt, partially stupid, and a huge underestimator of people's intelligence.

Comment

Suppose it's ulker, Erden and Asik had been players for fenerbahce. Even before the merger.

But I feel for you. This is how it feels when your team wins nothing at all...nothing at all...
                          FENERBAHÇE 10/11 in Turkish League

Football...........................CHAMPIONS
                          Men's Basketball...............CHAMPIONS
                          Women's Baskeball...........CHAMPIONS
                          Men's Volleyball................CHAMPIONS
                          Women's Volleyball...........CHAMPIONS

Comment

He'll be benched most of the season, but will get some valuable NBA experience. After that he'll come back to Europe with a bigger contract at some Spanish, Greek or Russian Euroleague team and eventually after some years he might return to the NBA.

I've seen this scenario so many times, its boring.
                            PAO EUROPEAN CHAMPION 1996 - 2000 - 2002 - 2007 - 2009 - 2011

Comment

Originally posted by Victorious View Post
                              He'll be benched most of the season, but will get some valuable NBA experience. After that he'll come back to Europe with a bigger contract at some Spanish, Greek or Russian Euroleague team and eventually after some years he might return to the NBA.

I've seen this scenario so many times, its boring.
                              Omer Asik different from other players. You can say this things for Semih Erden, but Omer Asik is really different. He has potential for play in NBA and I think he will be successful.
                              Turkish National Team in 2016

PG : Kenan Sipahi - Dogus Balbay - Kartal Özmızrak
                              SG : Melih Mahmutoğlu - Furkan Korkmaz - Cedi Osman
                              SF : Metecan Birsen - Okben Ulubay
                              PF : Ersan Ilyasova - Ilkan Karaman - Furkan Aldemir
                              C : Omer Asik - Enes Kanter - Emircan Kosut

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information