Omer Asik and his NBA career

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mvblair View Post
    I'm not really sure what this is about, but (according to HoopsHype) apparently Joakim Noah was talking about Asik and he said: "He doesn’t pay up on bets. He has no rookie duties. It's unbelievable. My rookie year, they gave me so much shit."

It's kind of a tradition that "freshman" or "first year" players have to do things like bring donuts to the veterans or carry their bags or something. I'm not sure of Asik is ignoring his duties or if he's not being assigned duties.
    I read that thing from the Sunday paper... a sports write up by K.C. Johnson of the Chicago Tribune, in full...

"It's unbelivable," Noah said, shaking his head, now smiling. "He doesn't pay up on bets. He has no rookies duties. My rookie year, they used to give me so much (crap). But for Omer, it's OK for some reason. At least he's playing well."

I've to add... I read from the same paper when they first brushed up on the subject of Omer’s rookie duties, he supposedly should have been buying donuts but instead he feigned a difficulty in language that restricted him from complying, LOL. Guy’s got humor….

Comment

Originally posted by Sam (a.k.a.) Tuwid View Post
      I've to add... I read from the same paper when they first brushed up on the subject of Omer’s rookie duties, he supposedly should have been buying donuts but instead he feigned a difficulty in language that restricted him from complying, LOL. Guy’s got humor….
      That's pretty funny. Good for him! Are you watching Chicago's games, Sam? How do you like Asik?
      "I really like the attitudes of eagles. They never give up. When they grab a fish or something else, they never let it go. It doesn't matter. In a book, they write they find a skeleton of [an] eagle and there is no fish. It means that the fish beat him and killed him, but he didn't let go." -- Donatas Motiejunas

Comment

I watched last 5 of 7 CHI games. Ömer played well imo, but Chicago consider him as totally offense-less player. He can play 8pts 8rebs 2blk in 20min. He was good at finishing.
        https://twitter.com/#!/_twilost_
        !Fenerbahçe! #12 Damir Mrsiç
        !Dallas Mavericks! #41 "The Best European"

Comment

That's pretty funny. Good for him! Are you watching Chicago's games, Sam? How do you like Asik?
          Yes, I do watch the Chicago BULLS games quite consistently. Been a fan since the days when we had the likes of Sam Vincent at point, Brad Sellers at small forward, Woolridge at power, and Dave Corzine as the man in the middle to complement his airness, Mr. 23, at two-guard.

As far as Omer's game is concerned, he's fine! Doin' a fine job unexpectedly better than what is to expect from a rook, and not to mention a foreigner at that.

To his merit, Omer understands the game immensely and this more than compensates for the awkwardness he displays ever so often as a greenhorn on the court. He is on the job training and learning the ropes in same time!

Playtime and minutes solves this in a big way, and since we are still twenty or so games away from "real time" or the playoffs, there is plenty of time. And with coach Thibs at the helm, just about the right mentor to address this weakness accurately, the adjustment is ready and in the offing.

I can see this "Asik weakness" as more of an easier fix than a nagging problen. His future is bright and Omer Asik is in the right place and the right time with the BULLS organization to do GOOD if he wills and contracts his mind into doing so.

Comment

Omer Asik had a double double game of 11 points and 16 rebounds to help the Chicago Bulls beat the New Jersey Nets 84-73.
            Sacramento Kings
            HERE WE STAY UNTIL THE COWBELLS COME HOME

Comment

Asik has been great this year for Chicago, he's definitely one my favourite players on the Bulls roster. He has improved as the season progressed and right now is an integral part of the Bulls' second unit and one of the reasons it's (Asik-Gibson-Deng-Brewer-Watson) is the best defensive 5-man unit in the league.

I hope next year he'll be a bit less nervous on offense because right now he sometimes has difficulty catching passes.

Comment

His new nicknames are "Asik and Destroy", "The Turkish Hammer"
                The Lighthouse in the Darkest Seas

Comment

Originally posted by Overthetop View Post
                  His new nicknames are "Asik and Destroy"
                  That's a good one if his name is pronounced "seek" (as in "to find"). How is his name pronounced?
                  "I really like the attitudes of eagles. They never give up. When they grab a fish or something else, they never let it go. It doesn't matter. In a book, they write they find a skeleton of [an] eagle and there is no fish. It means that the fish beat him and killed him, but he didn't let go." -- Donatas Motiejunas

Comment

That's a good one if his name is pronounced "seek" (as in "to find"). How is his name pronounced?
                    "Ö" like "Erwin".
                    "Mer" llike "meridian.

Aşık a bit harder.
                    "A" like in "Antonio".
                    "Ş" like "shame".
                    "I" like "harder".
                    "K" easiest one.

So if you connect all this sounds, it will be Ömer Aşık.

I hope it was understandable.
                    Republic of FENERBAHÇE

Comment

An Asik Fan in Australia

After seeing this Turkish Lad help the Bulls become the best team in the East, I've decided to jump on the Turkish Bandwagon (I'm kinda on the Turkish Bandwagon already, as I'm a HUGE fan of the Turkish Jordan - the one and only Point Forward of the Orlando Magic) in support of the Big Fella in Chicago.

The lad brings it every night just like Noah and his two handed flushes demonstrates that he's ready to mix it up with the Big Boyz of the League in the Paint. These are the type of players that all top teams in the league have as they do the small things on the hardwood that make their teams a top team or championship calibre squad.

Asik's toughness on the floor contributes to the decline of NBA fans viewing Euro Big Men as "Soft".
                      "No hay poder en el mundo que pueda cambiar el destino"
                      -El Padrino

Comment

Omer will be out for 6-8 weeks. Let's hope that He'll be ok for Eurobasket.
                        Yaşa Mustafa Kemal Paşa yaşa;
                        Adın yazılacak mücevher taşa.

Comment

omer really likes to play against wade

memories:

Omer Asik meets Dwyane Wade in midair for the block, leaving both bloodied. Visit http://www.nba.com/video for more highlights.

last night:

Check out this great block from Omer Asik on Dwyane Wade that leads to the two handed power slam from Taj Gibson as the Bulls would go on to outscore the Hea...

Comment

Omer Asik signs with the Houston Rockets.

Sources: Rockets, Omer Asik agree
                            Sacramento Kings

Comment

WOW, looks like Omer did a good job in the summer and improved his game.
                              Now he uses hooks, improved his footwork, improved his free throw shooting.
                              In the three preseason games (against OKC, NO and SAS) he averaged 9.3 PPG (0.59 FG%), 11 REB, 2.6 AST, 1.3 ST, 1 BLK, 68 FT% in 23.3 MPG.

But It's early to be excited, it's just the preseason.
                              Yaşa Mustafa Kemal Paşa yaşa;
                              Adın yazılacak mücevher taşa.

Comment

Beast of the Boards tonight: 19 rebounds against the Atlanta Hawks.
                                Sacramento Kings

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information