Oklahoma Thunder thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oklahoma Thunder thread

with durant gets an extension for 5 years.. i can see the thunder as a force to reckon with in the following seasons, yes for the following seasons means as long as they have durant on its line up

current line up of thunder

nenad krstic C
    serge ibaka C
    nick collison F/C
    jeff green F
    cole aldrich F/C from hornets, this year's 11th pick
    kevin durant F future mvp
    mo peterson G/F from hornets
    james harden G
    deaquan cook G from heat
    thabo sefolosha G/F
    russell westbrook G
    eric maynor G

the thunder will rock the nba with thundering dunks and sweet shooting from the arc by durant!!!
    ""failure is not the end but just the beginning of a victorious journey..just keep on dreaming and we will be back on the olympics''''

The OKC Thunder's chemistry is at an all time high even at the summer league camp as Durant and Westbrook are there instead of chillaxing to support their teammates. Good things to come.
    Sacramento Kings
    HERE WE STAY UNTIL THE COWBELLS COME HOME

Comment

Originally posted by mayfel View Post
      with durant gets an extension for 5 years.. i can see the thunder as a force to reckon with in the following seasons, yes for the following seasons means as long as they have durant on its line up

current line up of thunder

nenad krstic C
      serge ibaka C
      nick collison F/C
      jeff green F
      cole aldrich F/C from hornets, this year's 11th pick
      kevin durant F future mvp
      mo peterson G/F from hornets
      james harden G
      deaquan cook G from heat
      thabo sefolosha G/F
      russell westbrook G
      eric maynor G

the thunder will rock the nba with thundering dunks and sweet shooting from the arc by durant!!!
      I Agree with u Br
      sigpicNEVER SAY DIE PILIPINAS!

Comment

thunder sign free agent royal ivey

""failure is not the end but just the beginning of a victorious journey..just keep on dreaming and we will be back on the olympics''''

Comment

Royal Ivey is my favorite crayon color.

I'm not a fan of the OKC Thunder. I'm also not a fan of Kevin Durant. But, I have to admit, the young man is the kind of player I would love to have on my team. He's got such a great attitude, as this article demonstrates:
          Durant Aims for Golden Moment at World Championships - by Marc J. Spears, Yahoo! Sports, July 21, 2010

....”Hopefully, everything works out,” Kevin Durant said, ”and I make the team.”

Three years into his NBA career, Durant still doesn’t lack for humility. Since his arrival as the No. 2 pick of the 2008 draft, he has insisted on being treated as just one of the guys. He has never yearned to play in a bigger market, instead signing a five-year, $87 million extension with the Oklahoma City Thunder this summer. True to form, he quietly announced the new contract on his Twitter account. Even after winning the NBA’s scoring title this past season, Durant chose to practice with the Thunder’s summer league team....

”It’s not one guy going out there and representing the U.S.,” Durant said on the first day of Team USA’s minicamp. ”That’s what I really like. Not one guy on that last team [was the face of the team]. Kobe Bryant wasn’t. LeBron James wasn’t. Everybody was equal.

Outside of the locker room, everyone says I’m the face, which is really untrue. But once we step in between these lines and in these team meetings, I think everyone is equal. That’s a great feeling to have and a lot of pressure off my back as well.”

Durant believes that, but at just 21 years old, he’s also now one of the five best players in the NBA...

”I’m not a champion like Lamar Odom or Chauncey Billups,” Durant said. ”I’m not a Finals MVP like Chauncey Billups. I haven’t played as many playoff games as some of the guys here. Those guys have one up on me. I just had the most points in the NBA. That’s all. It’s one year. That’s about it. I just want to learn from those guys and get better.

”Any day this can be taken away from me. I won’t take it for granted.”

Durant hasn’t forgotten that just two years ago, he was turned down for a spot on the Beijing roster.

”I always wanted to be on the Olympic team and I always wanted to be a part of something like this no matter what,” Durant said. ”If I was a free agent and I didn’t get my deal done or whatever, I’d still be here. I just want to play the game and wanted USA across my chest.

”It would have been cool to see a lot of veterans here just to help us out a little bit. But it’s a new team and we’re looking forward to moving on.” During the 2008 Olympics, Jason Kidd’s role was to help bring leadership to a team loaded with young talent. But with Bryant, James and Wade already USA Basketball veterans, Kidd never had to be extremely vocal. Kidd is attending this week’s minicamp as a consultant, and he thinks Durant will only benefit from this summer’s experience...
          Aren't those great quotes? I don't think that's just lip service, either. I think he really believes what he's saying. What a great guy. How can you not like him?
          "I really like the attitudes of eagles. They never give up. When they grab a fish or something else, they never let it go. It doesn't matter. In a book, they write they find a skeleton of [an] eagle and there is no fish. It means that the fish beat him and killed him, but he didn't let go." -- Donatas Motiejunas

Comment

Much respect to Durrant. I'm liking this guy, seriously.
            Die Liebe wird eine Krankheit, wenn man sie als eine Heilung sieht
            Artificial Nature

Comment

This is how Durant is on track to become the best player in the NBA.

His humility, continuous hard work, and professionalism are all major factors why this kid really deserves alot of respect for what he has been able to do so far in his young career.
              I mean choosing to practice with his teams' summer league team is something unheard for an NBA super star with such a caliber.
              And had I not read this article I wouldn't have even known that Durant signed a contract extension

Comment

I admire Kevin Durant he's willing to play for Team USA and follow the footsteps of his predecessors. The OKC Thunder is the tightest unit on the NBA.
                Sacramento Kings

Comment

I was actually wishing the Thunders win in the play offs.
                  Yup, they look pretty solid and should get back to the playoffs this season provided they are all healthy. Props to Durant for wanting to play for the US Team.
                  Keep The Faith | Where to Buy a Watch

Comment

The OKC Thunder are reportedly considering 3 players to be cut as to narrow down the lineup to 15.

Byron Mullens
                    DJ White
                    Kyle Weaver

My take: DJ White
                    Sacramento Kings

Comment

Oklahoma City Guard Russell Westbrook and teammate Kevin Durant are among the 15 man roster for the FIBA World Championships in Turkey.
                      Sacramento Kings

Comment

Originally posted by CKR13 View Post
                        Oklahoma City Guard Russell Westbrook and teammate Kevin Durant are among the 15 man roster for the FIBA World Championships in Turkey.
                        add to that list Jeff Green

Comment

Oklahoma City Thunder Scott Brooks confirmed that recently acquired guard Daequan Cook has a chance to crack the lineup of the final 12.

I think Cook will help the Thunder on his 3-point shooting. Cook is a catch-shoot guard and is most effective there.
                          Sacramento Kings

Comment

this is the line up of okc thunder

pg russell wetsbrook
                            pg royal ivey
                            pg eric maynor
                            g james harden
                            g thabo sefolosha
                            g kyle weaver
                            g daequan cook
                            f mo peterson
                            f kevin durant
                            f jeff green
                            f nick collison
                            f dj white
                            f cole aldrich
                            c nenad krstic
                            c serge ibaka
                            c bryon mullens

they need to unload 1 player and according to reports that it will be a toss up between white, mullens, and weaver..and they only need 12 active player per game..

Comment

Nice lineup. Cut DJ White and Kyle Weaver.
                              Sacramento Kings

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information