Sacramento Kings Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by CKR13 View Post
    Rumor has it that Russian forward Andrei Kirilenko shares a mutual interest in the Sacramento Kings.

NBA Rumors: Andrei Kirilenko Could Be Interested In Kings, According To Report
    Wow, that would be a BIG aquisition for us! With a tandem of Cousins and AK47, plus Reke (who seems to have worked on his stroke ) we could be another OKC story...
    sigpic

Comment

• It is reported that the Sacramento Kings have offered unrestricted free agent guard Jamal Crawford a 1 year contract worth $6.5 Million. It is reported that Crawford is weighing an offer from the Portland Trailblazers as well.

Personally, I would not endorse Crawford to the Kings. A roster featuring Evans, Thornton, Fredette and Thomas would surely have difficulties in sharing the ball. Adding another possession oriented offensive player towards the current crop of shoot-first personnel will have problems in sharing the basketball.
      Sacramento Kings
      HERE WE STAY UNTIL THE COWBELLS COME HOME

Comment

• The Sacramento Kings franchise are optimistic about the City Council will approve the Finance Plan for the new arena.

NBA's Kings owners 'optimistic' about arena financing
        Sacramento Kings

Comment

• A stress echo test conducted on Chuck Hayes have revealed abnormalities. Further testing will follow.
          Sacramento Kings

Comment

• Watch Live Now!!

Kings open Scrimmage day!

Comment

• Sacramento Mayor Kevin Johnson met with NBA Commissioner David Stern in New York and the meeting lasted about 90 minutes. Johnson said that the meeting was positive and Stern lauded the progress for the new arena.
              Sacramento Kings

Comment

• The Sacramento Kings will be hobbled going into Saturday's first pre-season game against the Golden State Warriors. First Chuck Hayes will be undergoing cardiology tests due to a recent discovery if abnormal stress on his heart. Veteran John Salmons will be out of the lineup as he is nursing a bruised right quad contusion. Tyreke Evans has a minor ankle sprain. Demarcus Cousins with a right ankle sprain and a sore left shoulder.

Head coach Paul Westphal confirmed that he will field a starting lineup consisting of:

C - Jason Thompson
                F - JJ Hickson
                F - Tyreke Evans
                G - Marcus Thornton
                G - Jimmer Fredette

A lineup based on speed and shooting as Evans will be playing small forward while the back-court is indeed trigger happy with Thornton and Fredette on sniping. Thompson and Hickson will provide the inside scoring and rebounding load. Evans will help rebound on loose ball possessions.
                Sacramento Kings

Comment

• I'm not so sure that I like that lineup... First of all, , why would he play Tyreke at the three? I know he has the size and all but small forward just doesn't fit him. Secondly, two guards who are shoot first? Jimmer did like good at the open practice, but I don't know. Maybe Paul Westphal will prove me wrong, after all, but I doubt that he will.
                  sigpic

Comment

• We face off against the Warriors tomorrow, in Oracle Arena. I expect all the guards to get a lot of playing time as I think Westphal will want to get their chemistry growin as early as possible, with the shortened season. I expect a decent margian of victory tomorrow, but anything can happen in a fierce rivalry game. Can't wait to see th Kings in action.
                    sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Bosnian 23 View Post
                      I'm not so sure that I like that lineup... First of all, , why would he play Tyreke at the three? I know he has the size and all but small forward just doesn't fit him. Secondly, two guards who are shoot first? Jimmer did like good at the open practice, but I don't know. Maybe Paul Westphal will prove me wrong, after all, but I doubt that he will.
                      Evans playing at small forward confounds me as well. I was expecting Evans at point guard while Thornton mans the shooting guard position. It seems Westphal is experimenting quite a bit where Fredette, Evans and Thornton will be all at the floor.

The Kings do not have a pass first point guard. A back-court of Evans and Thornton will not be different from a back-court consisting of Thornton / Fredette or Fredette / Evans.

For the trio of Evans, Thornton and Fredette, I am intrigued on how Fredette will alter his game given two potent scorers in the wings. In BYU, I do feel that Fredette's playmaking is somewhat overshadowed by the offense revolving around him solely.

There will be a number of times where Evans, Thornton and Fredette will be at the floor. At this point, Westphal has the luxury of experimenting with the back-court.

Originally posted by Bosnian 23 View Post
                      We face off against the Warriors tomorrow, in Oracle Arena. I expect all the guards to get a lot of playing time as I think Westphal will want to get their chemistry growin as early as possible, with the shortened season. I expect a decent margian of victory tomorrow, but anything can happen in a fierce rivalry game. Can't wait to see th Kings in action.
                      I will not put much emphasis on winning for my part. I want the Kings to get a decent tune-up on the personnel. I am not expecting Evans to play heavy minutes as he is still nursing a sore sprained ankle. Maybe Thornton and Fredette will get heavy minutes instead.

I would also watch if Westphal gives ample time to rookies Honeycutt and Thomas. Maybe Whiteside will make an appearance as Cousins is still questionable for the pre-season game against the Warriors.
                      Sacramento Kings

Comment

• It is true that we don't have a pass-first point guard, but of the three, Evans makes me feel that we'll see some assist and passing. He does tend to dribble a lot though, even for a point guard.

I was just wondering, do you think Evans is a point guard? Most non-Kings fans always say he's a shooting guard, but I don't believe so. His passing is underrated, I think, because he plays for the Kings and because of his flashy offensive moves. I would just like to get your opinion, though.
                        sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Bosnian 23 View Post
                          It is true that we don't have a pass-first point guard, but of the three, Evans makes me feel that we'll see some assist and passing. He does tend to dribble a lot though, even for a point guard.

I was just wondering, do you think Evans is a point guard? Most non-Kings fans always say he's a shooting guard, but I don't believe so. His passing is underrated, I think, because he plays for the Kings and because of his flashy offensive moves. I would just like to get your opinion, though.
                          For my part, Tyreke Evans is not a point guard. He is a ball-handling two guard that breaks down the defense with his dribble-drive. Evans is an underrated passer, but his assists are a thing of improvisation during when he is sealed in a defense or a broken attempt at the basket. Evans does not call plays or set the offense during his point guard role.

Evans more has 80% tunnel vision and 20% floor vision in which his aggressive ball plays are a determinant.

Then there's Evans Turnovers to Assists ratio on which he is not among the middle denizens in the league on that category. It's that his overall game is more of a two guard than a pure bred point guard. Worry not though, many hybrids of a two and one guard have prospered in the league.

All Evans needs to learn is shot selection and a better maturity in terms of decision making that will make him a better team player.
                          Sacramento Kings

Comment

• The Sacramento Kings have won the bid for the rights to Travis Outlaw, who was recently waived by the New Jersey Nets.
                            Sacramento Kings

Comment

• SAC 96 GSW 107

Jimmer Fredette and Marcus Thornton scored 21 points each to lead the team. Tyreke Evans scored 17 points alongside 7 assists but had five turnovers.

Demarcus Cousins, John Salmons and Chuck Hayes did not play.
                              Sacramento Kings

Comment

• Highlights from the first pre-season game.

Sacramento Kings

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information