Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 7th SEABA U18 Championship [July 5-9 YANGON, Myanmar]

Default 7th SEABA U18 Championship [July 5-9 YANGON, Myanmar]

Last edited by c_d; 07-11-2010 at 03:42 PM.

02/07/2010
    MYA – Myanmar all set to host first ever official competition

YANGON, Myanmar (7th SEABA U18 Championship): Myanmar, the largest country in the Indochina region of South East Asia is all set to create history, by becoming the latest in the list of the members of the FIBA Asia family to host an official competition.

Starting Monday, Yangon, the capital of Myanmar will play host to six teams representing nations belonging to the South East Asian Basketball Association (SEABA) in the 7th SEABA U18 Championship. The event will be played on a single pool round-robin format and conclude on July 9.

Philippines and Malaysia, two teams with collectively more experience in official competitions than the rest of the fray will take on Laos, Singapore, Thailand and hosts Myanmar in an effort to earn a qualification to represent SEABA in the 21st FIBA Asia U18 Championship to be held in Sana’a Yemen from Sept 22 – Oct 1.

The top two teams from Myanmar will qualify for the Yemen Championship.

Terming the hosting of event in Myanmar as historical SEABA Secretary General Dato’ Yeoh Choo Hock said: “The Myanmar Basketball Federation has taken every positive step to stage this championship in high notes. The government of Myanmar has provided all the support to that effect.”

“On behalf of SEABA, FIBA Asia and the basketball fraternity of Asia, I thank and congratulate the government of Myanmar for taking this positive and progressive step,” added Dato’ Yeoh, also the FIBA Asia Secretary General.

“The City of Yangon shall have the privilege to see young stars of South East Asia (SEA) nations performing in full sportsmanship. Myanmar has embarked on an elaborate program in the development of basketball and this occasion would enhance the standard of its basketball to greater heights,” he said.

SEABA president Eric Thohir said: “We are all looking forward to Myanmar hosting this event. This is an example for SEABA’s continuous efforts to spread the base for basketball. I am sure Yangon will rise to the occasion and provide us with a very good championship.”

“We have six very competitive teams who are all well prepared and ready to showcase their talent. These youngsters will form the nucleus of SEABA’s basketball future. I am excited at the talent and potential which will emerge out of Yangon.”

FIBA Asia president Sheikh Saud bin Ali Al-Thani expressed his pleasure that more countries are coming forward to host events.

“Playing and participating in an event is one thing. Willingness to host an event is a different cup of tea. The very fact that Myanmar have come forward to host an event shows their commitment to the development of the sport,” Sheikh Saud.

“This shows that more people are joining the basketball fraternity and are willing to work hard to spread the awareness about the sport wider,” he said.

“My heartfelt congratulations to MBF and SEABA for choosing to host this event in Yangon. I look forward to Myanmar making the best of this opportunity.”
    http://www.fibaasia.net/NewsDetails.aspx?id=110

ROSTERS

Myanmar
    Htet Lin Tun
    Yan Sein
    Khun Sai
    Ah Pu
    Soe Htoo Myat
    Nay Myo Min
    Sein Lyan
    Wai Lu
    Ah Kyan
    Kyi Htwe
    Sithu Hein

Thailand
    Pattanapong Yenarom
    Piyapong Wimonchailerk
    Sorot Suntonsiri
    Patcharaphum Phansura
    Punnaphot Pantaprateep
    Wuttipong Naknarin
    Narisaworn Kaewklinge
    Amon Iamlamai
    Komsan Dechsom
    Danusorn Chomwa
    Wisarut Boonruksa
    Autman Almabruk

Singapore
    Jun Wei Tan
    Mingrong , Jabez Su
    Zheng Yi , Peter Soo
    Zheng Jie , David Soo
    Zhao Feng Ng
    Wenqiang , Russel Low
    Weng Hon , Remus Low
    Hua Sen , Larry Liew
    Dawei Khoo
    Kok Chiang , Delvin Goh
    Jia Jun Fong

Philippines
    Cris Michael Tolomia
    Jeron Alvin Teng
    Roldan Sara
    Jeth Troy Rosario
    Isaac Kiefer Ravena
    Von Rolfe Pessumal
    Michael Anthony Pate
    Cederick Labing-Isa
    Kevin Ferrer
    Russel Escoto
    Raphael Banal
    Joshua Angelo Alolino

Malaysia
    Ivan Yeo
    Wen Keong Tong
    Teck Hoe Teh
    Wai Seng Tan
    Hui Kee Tan
    Prem Sangaralingam
    Kok Chun Ng
    Shee Weng Loh
    Chee Huei Liaw
    Kar Fatt Leong
    Wei Hong Choo
    Vui Hang Ang

Laos
    Sonesavanh Vongmeleuth
    Saysana Vinavong
    Souksomvang Thor
    Souliyo Sayyasinh
    Phimmasone Phannolath
    Phoutthasone Phangmanisay
    Vihanbandith Phaisouphanh
    Somboun Nadonhai
    Ammalin Inthavong
    Bounthavy Hiengphothichack
    Phetthasone Chaleunsouk
    Outtaka Ackkhasone

I thought Burma still bans online access? If so then there's no chance we could get livestreams.

Singapore would rely to Low scoring

but even not beneficial for RP it is the best thing for Laos and Myanmar to start their basketball programs they even beat indonesia in terms of a national team program(even undisputedly rank next to rp in mens basketball) Indonesia sends club teams/all star seletions in intl. tournament wasting the 300 million manpower they have

who would you be rooting for between Laos and Myanmar? let's see who's the better underdog in the 1st game.

I put my money on Laos on this one
    you know why I am happy

i'll go for the host nation of the said event ............. Myanmar

Talking Timing on seaba game

hi c-d any idea where can i view the latest result on seaba game & any live update on the match

Default To reamily

Singapore not only rely on Low, the effort is team work.
    There is few potential in Singapore team like Delvin, Larry & zhao feng.

that Philippine team is basically the same team that finished 4th behind China, South Korea, and Iran in last year's FIBA Asia U16. for their preparation, they've been playing college teams with a lot of 23-year old players.

Quote Originally Posted by goh1164 View Post
    hi c-d any idea where can i view the latest result on seaba game & any live update on the match
    http://www.sportingpulse.com/comp_in...ound=0&a=ROUND

philippine U18 NT is best u18 team in SEA~~

Thank you c_d for the information on seaba

No livestats, just super-delayed results. This sucks.

No live stream. No live stats. WTF!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Basketball is like war in that offensive weapons are developed first, and it always takes a while for the defense to catch up.

Default Miscellaneous

Just a couple of things:

1) This is a men's tournament so I don't know why they have a female player on the event poster.

2) Agree on Indo: 240 million people and they can't field a decent team. This country, where basketball is fairly developed (with a huge HS league and a new and improved pro league), should be 2nd best in SEA, or at the very least, fielding a team in these competitions.

I think Indo will wake up soon though. They have some internal issues and politicking (who doesn't?) but there are some up-and-coming people there that are looking to put the country back on the SEA basketball map.

Quote Originally Posted by YoJoe View Post
    Just a couple of things:

1) This is a men's tournament so I don't know why they have a female player on the event poster.

2) Agree on Indo: 240 million people and they can't field a decent team. This country, where basketball is fairly developed (with a huge HS league and a new and improved pro league), should be 2nd best in SEA, or at the very least, fielding a team in these competitions.

I think Indo will wake up soon though. They have some internal issues and politicking (who doesn't?) but there are some up-and-coming people there that are looking to put the country back on the SEA basketball map.
    yes i do agree with your sentiment, the event logo really sucks with or without the character it sucks big time.
    you know why I am happy

Anyone got any result for today seaba match please update,any wedsite can get live update?

Wedsite given by c_d, latest update is on 29 June. any better wedsite that have live update thank you
    Last edited by rikhardur; 07-05-2010 at 09:12 PM.

no updates from the other matches but we know that RP crushed Malaysia, 87-59.

Quote Originally Posted by b3lowzro View Post
    yes i do agree with your sentiment, the event logo really sucks with or without the character it sucks big time.
    Looks like they used WordStar for the lettering.
    Keep running, big boy.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast