Best Buzzer Beaters You've Seen...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by capitantiago View Post
    Bal David's long 3 vs. SMB that broke the beermen's hearts and of their fans. lol

Ronald Magtulis' shot that broke the Purefoods' hearts, including mine. lol
    Also add Bal David's buzzer beater against TNT that sent Asi Taulava to tears.

Comment

this one is history. 0.3 seconds left and it is LKL finals. Of course he didn't do it on time, it is impossible, but still that is great. It counted

Comment

^

Good mood today eh?

Comment

Originally posted by Test View Post

this one is history. 0.3 seconds left and it is LKL finals. Of course he didn't do it on time, it is impossible, but still that is great. It counted
          See, Test? i think we can have a civil relationship here in IBN (Along with every other Filipino poster here)--- after all, we all love basketball

(Suggestion to mods, rename this thread and move it to the apt forum so everybody can join in and post their thoughts about the topic!)
          If there is no basketball in heaven, i am NOT going.

SMALLBALL, bitches..

Comment

for la salle fans

Bader sinks game-winner as Manama topple Muharraq - Apr 16, 2010 (by Patrick Salomon)
            BADER Abdulla Malabes played hero once again for Manama Friday night in the Zain Bahrain Basketball League.

Bader hit the game-winning three-pointer with 1.8 seconds to play in a 75-72 dogfight against bitter rivals Muharraq, earning Manama the number one overall seed heading into the Golden Square semi-finals.

Bader buried the triple against the pressure defence of 12-year NBA veteran Lamond Murray. It was the second time this season that he had hit a game-clinching shot against Muharraq. Bader did the same during their regular season meeting in January. Then, he had buried a buzzer-beating three from the right corner to give his side a thrilling 79-78 victory.

Bader repeated his heroics yesterday, this time making the winning basket from the left wing. His shot capped a resounding Manama comeback from an 11-point deficit early in the second half.

Muharraq star Mohammed Hassan had a chance to tie it at the buzzer, but his half-court heave went off the glass and bounced off the front of the rim and out.

Bader finished with just eight points, but without a doubt had the games most important three.

Coach didnt call the play for me; he said to just look for the open man and fortunately, when I got the ball, I just confidently took the shot and I hit it, an elated Bader told the Gulf Daily News.

Added Manama head coach Abdulhameed Ebrahim: Thats Bader hes the kind of player who can take those shots and make them under pressure.

American import Calvin Warner finished with 25 points to pace the Manama attack. Warner also had 13 rebounds, five assists and three blocks.

Hassan Nairouz chipped in with 18, all of which he scored from beyond the arc, while Ahmed Abdulaziz added 10 and Mahmood Ghuloom seven.

Nairouz gave Manama their first lead of the second half, 69-66, after connecting from long range with four minutes to play. Muharraqs Mohammed Abdulmajeed then tied it once more with his own three-point basket, before Nairouz answered with another back-breaking triple to put Manama back ahead 72-69.

A pair of charity shots from Mohammed Hassan and one from Abdulmajeed then forged a 72-all deadlock with 8.4 seconds to play. Ebrahim then called a time-out for Manama, paving the way for Baders winner.

Murray led all scorers with 28 points while grabbing a game-high 22 rebounds. But he had missed a key fade-away jumper along the baseline with only a half-a-minute remaining which would have given Muharraq the lead and which could have altered the end-result. Hassan scored 17 and Abdulmajeed nine in defeat.

The win secured Manama the top seed in the leagues final four, where they will once again face off with Muharraq in a best-of-three series.

Coincidentally, both teams are also pitted against each other in the championship series of the Zain Bahrain Basketball Cup, which will also be a best-of-three affair. The Cup finals tip off next week, while the league semi-finals get underway next month. Manama are the reigning holders of the Cup.

This win is big for us, but it means nothing really because we need to start from zero all over again, Ebrahim added.

Defending league champions Al Ahli and Al Hala go head to head in the other semi-final series of the league.

OT: My deepest condolences to the Marata family
            To becomes Asia's Best, we need to compete against the World's Best..
            1 Big 4 small > 5 out offense.

Comment

@eindhow,

MJ 1998 Finals Game 6?
              This is not a buzzer beater. Jazz had enough time- enough time for John Stockton to launch a 3-point attempt.

perhaps you meant Game 1(or Game 2) of 1997 Finals? - MJ drained the buzzer beater to beat the Jazz at home.

How about:

1. Dante Gonzalgo's 3 -point shot to win the game for Ginebra by 1 point. SMB's Yves Dignadice intentionally (everyone was shocked he did this) missed his free throw. Dante hoisted the 3 on a fastbreak play.

2. Willie Generalao's bank shot (from free throw line) to lead Tanduay against Great Taste.

3. Mike Hackett's lucky 2-bounce shot to send Game 4 (Ginebra-Manila Beer) to overtime. This broke Manila Beer's back as Ginebra won the game to take a 3-1 lead.

4. Ralph Sampson's alley-hoop shot from the perimeter to eliminate the Lakers (1985-86) in the Western Conf Finals.

5. Rex Chapman's out of bounds shot (playoff series - couldn't remember the teams)

6. Horry's 3 to lead Lakers against Sacramento (not sure if this is buzzer beater)

7. Duke's Laettner draining the game winning turnaround jumper (after a great fake following a great court-to-court pass from Grant Hill; following a clutch shot from the opponent). This was an elite 8 game I think.

8. Valparaiso's game winning 3 in the US NCAA.

1970s CINCINNATI REDS - THE ORIGINAL BIG RED MACHINE

Comment

Jerry West 1970

Mr. Clutch

LeBron James game winning shot vs Orlando

Comment

Originally posted by Test View Post
                  This reminds me of
                  aim low, score high

Comment

Lynn Greer - Carpisa Napoli vs Fortitudo Bologna 2005/2006

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
                    The best Basketball Manager Game in the world!
                    http://www.fantacanestro.net
                    -
                    http://www.youtube.com/user/singletoneldo

Comment

Originally posted by eindhow View Post
                      MJ 1998 Finals Game 6
                      yung last shot ni GOAT as a Bull? di yun buzzer beater. lol
                      I'm back. Don't ask why. Just be glad.

Comment

Originally posted by GoYankees View Post
                        @eindhow,

MJ 1998 Finals Game 6?
                        This is not a buzzer beater. Jazz had enough time- enough time for John Stockton to launch a 3-point attempt.

perhaps you meant Game 1(or Game 2) of 1997 Finals? - MJ drained the buzzer beater to beat the Jazz at home.

How about:

1. Dante Gonzalgo's 3 -point shot to win the game for Ginebra by 1 point. SMB's Yves Dignadice intentionally (everyone was shocked he did this) missed his free throw. Dante hoisted the 3 on a fastbreak play.

2. Willie Generalao's bank shot (from free throw line) to lead Tanduay against Great Taste.

3. Mike Hackett's lucky 2-bounce shot to send Game 4 (Ginebra-Manila Beer) to overtime. This broke Manila Beer's back as Ginebra won the game to take a 3-1 lead.

4. Ralph Sampson's alley-hoop shot from the perimeter to eliminate the Lakers (1985-86) in the Western Conf Finals.

With that, the Rockets eliminated the Lakers in 5 games.

5. Rex Chapman's out of bounds shot (playoff series - couldn't remember the teams)

It was versus the Sonics.

6. Horry's 3 to lead Lakers against Sacramento (not sure if this is buzzer beater)

Depende kung anong series. Baka yung tinapik ni Divac. Tapos napunta ke Horry. That was Game 4, 2002 WCF. That tied the series to 2 games apiece.

7. Duke's Laettner draining the game winning turnaround jumper (after a great fake following a great court-to-court pass from Grant Hill; following a clutch shot from the opponent). This was an elite 8 game I think.

8. Valparaiso's game winning 3 in the US NCAA.
                        one of the most memorable buzzer beaters was The Shot That Heard The World to send the Game 5 of the 1976 Finals into 3rd OT.

how about The Shot on Ehlo, Game 5, 1989 East first round?
                        I'm back. Don't ask why. Just be glad.

Comment

Sasha Djordjevic's 3-pointer against Badalona in one of European cup's final game back in early 90s.

Edit: Oh, it's not a buzzer beater... i thought it was... the last minute of this game was incredible anyway... thanks Rik.

Then my vote goes to Derek Fisher's jumper that he had to make in 0.4s.
                          Last edited by Levenspiel; 04-20-2010, 01:28 AM.
                          5 out 6 scientists say Russian roulette is safe.

Comment

Originally posted by Levenspiel View Post
                            Sasha Djordjevic's 3-pointer against Badalona in one of European cup's final game back in early 90s.
                            Die Liebe wird eine Krankheit, wenn man sie als eine Heilung sieht
                            Artificial Nature

Comment

Originally posted by capitantiago View Post
                              yung last shot ni GOAT as a Bull? di yun buzzer beater. lol
                              No translation?
                              aim low, score high

Comment

Lee Sang Min's 3point shot at the buzzer to beat Philippines and move on to the finals of the Asian Games in Busan.

How big was that 3 point shot? They won the championship gold over China in the finals. I was the last time a Chinese team with Yao Ming, Bateer Mengke, Liu Wei was beaten by an Asian team.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information