2010 3rd FIBA Asia "Borislav Stankovic" Cup [Aug 7-15 Lebanon]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gazara View Post
    if they choose Ghazir to host this tournament ,all the teams will suffer from trafic ... specially if Teams choose beirut hotels haha if the game was @ 5 they have to go from 2 to arrive to the stadium ... hahhaha
    in my opinion they have to choose Pierre Gemayel Close doors Stadium
    this stadiums is verry good and located in Beirut ...
    hope they change the decision and take a stadium from Beirut , we will have problems to arrive there specially with the traffic :S

this the official logo of Stankovic ...

i think that like waba u-18 the teams will be at madison hotel jounieh. they will train in fouad chehab 30 seconds walking from the hotel and 10 min by bus to ghazir stadium.
    ASIA 2011 CEDARS ARE COMING

Comment

Draw of Stankovic :

Group A :
      Iraq
      Iran
      Japan
      Taiwan
      Kazakhstan

Group B:
      Lebanon
      Qatar
      Philippines
      Syria
      Jordan

Coach Tab Baldwin chooses the group b bcz its tougher than Group A , the first game will be Lebanon vs Philippines
      Proud to be Lebanese
      www.arabasket.com

Comment

Originally posted by daniab View Post
        Draw of Stankovic :

Group A :
        Iraq
        Iran
        Japan
        Taiwan
        Kazakhstan

Group B:
        Lebanon
        Qatar
        Philippines
        Syria
        Jordan

Coach Tab Baldwin chooses the group b bcz its tougher than Group A , the first game will be Lebanon vs Philippines
        group B is the group of death.even the iranian team in group A is the "B" team!
        i think jordan is our only threat in this tournament the rest of the teams will be easy especially that we will be playing on our home court and with our fans.

Comment

Originally posted by lebanese NT View Post
          i think jordan is our only threat in this tournament the rest of the teams will be easy especially that we will be playing on our home court and with our fans.
          Is Jordan the wildcard team? I've read numerous sites and they all reported that the wildcard team is still to be determined.
          GILAS WISHLIST:
          6'8 Pingris

Comment

Originally posted by interxavierxxx View Post
            Is Jordan the wildcard team? I've read numerous sites and they all reported that the wildcard team is still to be determined.
            yea jordan is the wildcard team
            ASIA 2011 CEDARS ARE COMING

Comment

Syrian Federation is thinking to withdraw from the tournament

Comment

If Syria withdraws, who can replace them? Palestine? UAE?

Comment

Originally posted by c_d View Post
                  I guess no need to replace Syria , as the group will be of 4 teams + no time to call new teams

Comment

Originally posted by c_d View Post
                    If the Syrians withdraw, I would like to have South Korea be given the extra slot.

I hope the Syrians would stay.

Comment

Originally posted by daniab View Post
                      Draw of Stankovic :

Group A :
                      Iraq
                      Iran
                      Japan
                      Taiwan
                      Kazakhstan

Group B:
                      Lebanon
                      Qatar
                      Philippines
                      Syria
                      Jordan

extremely a nice group to work with as for lebanon side.. imagine 4 quality games that will help them in their bid in this year's worlds..as for smart gilas another chance to seize up the competition in next year's championships and we will play most pronbably without douthit.. we have two world championship bound team plus a bunch of african players in qatar hehe
                      ""failure is not the end but just the beginning of a victorious journey..just keep on dreaming and we will be back on the olympics''''

Comment

Originally posted by mayfel View Post
                        extremely a nice group to work with as for lebanon side.. imagine 4 quality games that will help them in their bid in this year's worlds..as for smart gilas another chance to seize up the competition in next year's championships and we will play most pronbably without douthit.. we have two world championship bound team plus a bunch of african players in qatar hehe
                        even if its the toughest group ever ( imagine it was like that in the ABC lol) i think its way better for phillipine to play against wc caliber teams then to face iran team B and kazakhestan. as for lebanon those teams are still way weaker then the ones we should be facing before the wc.

Comment

I don't like the draw. honestly I love your confidence!

aw cmon... we're facing the hosts first........

good luck Gilas.

Comment

even if its the toughest group ever ( imagine it was like that in the ABC lol) i think its way better for phillipine to play against wc caliber teams then to face iran team B and kazakhestan. as for lebanon those teams are still way weaker then the ones we should be facing before the wc.
                            yup not the same caliber of wc bound teams, still it is a nice exposures to the lebanese as well jordanian squad.. coach baldwin can use this tournament to gauge their strength and weaknesses..for joradan it is a welcome development after they canceled their original work plan before the worlds
                            ""failure is not the end but just the beginning of a victorious journey..just keep on dreaming and we will be back on the olympics''''

Comment

If Syria withdraws then the entire Group B will already qualified for the quarterfinals.

Comment

There's a possibility that we will withdraw in this tournament.
                                GILAS WISHLIST:
                                6'8 Pingris

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information