Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• only one berth for africa in the olympics?

anyway, congrats to tunisia for winning the afrobasket.

just wondering, how will east asian teams fare against teams from africa

Comment

• Originally posted by budz17 View Post
      only one berth for africa in the olympics?

anyway, congrats to tunisia for winning the afrobasket.

just wondering, how will east asian teams fare against teams from africa
      There is only 12 participants. So it is not only one, but perhaps one too many.

Angola and Nigeria will participate in Olympic qualifying tournament

But there will be 4 European teams (probably 4 of France, Germany, Lithuania, Russia, Serbia, Slovenia, Turkey), also probably Puerto Rico, Dominican Republic and New Zealand = zero chances for any African or Asian teams to finish in top 3 at that tournament.

Comment

• Originally posted by Silvio View Post

But there will be 4 European teams (probably 4 of France, Germany, Lithuania, Russia, Serbia, Slovenia, Turkey), also probably Puerto Rico, Dominican Republic and New Zealand = zero chances for any African or Asian teams to finish in top 3 at that tournament.
        whoa, very tough field. thanks.

Comment

• Congrats to Tunisia. They work hard, take preparations seriously and it payed off.

Angola domination is over. That's refreshing, but it did not happen the way I would like it. It is more than Angola is down a notch, down to level of runners-up from previous championships. This Tunisia team lost easily to my Croatia by 20 points last summer at world championship. And Croatia is middle-of-the-pack European team (= among worst European participants of WC). While this great Angola generation at it's peak (some 5 years ago) was equal to China (with Yao) and to weaker among European and American teams at big tournaments. Alas, Angola did not produced many young players at that level. Level of quality of other African top national teams did not improve, it is about equal as 5 or 10 years ago, they are just taking advantage of this golden Angola generation being on their way out of international basketball.

I like Tunisia is champion, but I would like more if Tunisia (or other African participants) would be able to put up fight against teams like Croatia (or PR or NZ, for example) and lose by 20 or 30 points only to USA and Spain. Until it happens, this is not progress, only change in placement.

Comment

• Originally posted by rikhardur View Post
            Angola had to lose someday, but this only gives reason to those who expressed doubts about Gomez's appointment. Also the disagreement with Cipriano that led to him being cut may be having a negative effect on the team.
            Don't think Gomez will stay much longer with the team. We'll see.
            Congrats to Tunisia
            Die Liebe wird eine Krankheit, wenn man sie als eine Heilung sieht
            Artificial Nature

Comment

• Originally posted by rikhardur View Post
              Don't think Gomez will stay much longer with the team. We'll see.
              Congrats to Tunisia
              Do not understand joke

Gomez is already fired, it happened before quarterfinals game

Comment

Do not understand joke

Gomez is already fired, it happened before quarterfinals game
                http://www.africabasket.com/Angola/b...?NewsID=239536
                Oh I see, it was no joke! I was away these days you see Thanks for the input.
                Die Liebe wird eine Krankheit, wenn man sie als eine Heilung sieht
                Artificial Nature

Comment

• Congrats to Tunisia...the best time won. We will work for take the cup in next CAN in Tunis

Comment

• Congrats to the Tunisian team and people. Your team deserved the Olympic slot and the African trophy much more than other teams. Work hard to get even better.

Comment

• Congrats to Tunisia on winning the 2011 Afrobasket!!

I'm really happy for them not only because they were able to dethrone Angola and provide us with a new winner since 1997 but also since I lived there for 3 years of my life

Comment

• To build the basketball infrastructure of Africa, national programs need better facilities and money. The NBA and FIBA are forced to make tough funding decisions as a result. Andrew Feinstein reports from Madagascar.

Nice read!

I from Wisconsin!
                        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ca6O8FR0rbQ

TO SYNTHESIZER WE ARE A BIG TEAM

Comment

• congrats to tunisia
                          www.nigeriabasketball.blogspot.com
                          www.nigeriabasket.blogspot.com
                          www.nigerianbasket.blogspot.com

Comment

man that is a tough one for the africa teams
                            www.nigeriabasketball.blogspot.com
                            www.nigeriabasket.blogspot.com
                            www.nigerianbasket.blogspot.com

Comment

• Out of Africa

Too bad Sudan and DR Congo were not able to take part in this tournament. These countries could have been competitive if only they were able to keep the citizenship of some of their prized players.

Imagine Sudan being led by Luol Deng, Duany Duany, Kueth Duany, Deng Gai and Longar Longar.

Congo, meanwhile, could have been led by DJ Mbenga and Serge Ibaka, who now play for Belgium and Spain, respectively.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cool_Enz View Post
                                Too bad Sudan and DR Congo were not able to take part in this tournament. These countries could have been competitive if only they were able to keep the citizenship of some of their prized players.

Imagine Sudan being led by Luol Deng, Duany Duany, Kueth Duany, Deng Gai and Longar Longar.

Congo, meanwhile, could have been led by DJ Mbenga and Serge Ibaka, who now play for Belgium and Spain, respectively.
                                Ibaka ist not from the DR of Congo, Mbenga is. So is Christian Eyenga.

I from Wisconsin!
                                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ca6O8FR0rbQ

TO SYNTHESIZER WE ARE A BIG TEAM

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information