PBA Trivia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PBA Trivia

Before playing basketball, Alvin Patrimonio and Jun Limpot played volleyball and tennis respectively...

Three Racela brothers' nicknames was based on the day of their birth...Olsen on All-Saints Day, Nash (assistant coach of TNT) on National Heroes' Day and Wally, well no occasion...

Did you notice that Kerby Raymundo change his jersey from 21 to 5...That because his idol, Kevin Garnett wears number 5 (21 was retired in Boston)...

Freddie Abuda was the first player to go US for the treatment of his injury...Purefoods management took care of his medical bills...

Joey Mente (5'9''?) is the shortest player to win a Slam Dunk Contest....

The Crispa Redmanizers’ roster in the PBA’s inaugural season had five future Most Valuable Player awardees in Atoy Co, Bogs Adornado, Abet Guidaben, Philip Cezar and Freddie Hubalde.

Danny Florencio was also involved in the first ever player trade in the league, when he, along with Jimmy Otazu of U/Tex were traded for 7-Up’s Tino Reynoso and Ulysses Rodríguez in 1977.

The first white American import to play in the PBA was John Kazmer, who saw action for U/Tex in 1981.

Comment

joey mente? is he not the dude who just layed up the ball in the slam dunk competition?

Go USTe! Go USTe! Go USTe! GO! GO! GO! GO! Go USTe!!!

Comment

Originally posted by rspk View Post
        joey mente? is he not the dude who just layed up the ball in the slam dunk competition?
        may be the one who layed up in the dunk contest was leo bat-og in the MBA..LOL..

Joey Mente if I am right even competed in the ABC vs. PBA All Star Night Dunk Contest against the guy from Qatar I think..the Mubarak guy if I remember correctly..

Comment

Alaska Aces in present has five southpaws (left-handed) that creates also a playing quintet:

G-Willie Miller
          G/F-Mark Borboran
          F-Reynel Hugnatan
          F-Joe Devance
          C/F-John Ferriols

Comment

Which Basketball Professional League in the world who implements a Height Limit for an Import?
            Command me Confessor

Comment

Originally posted by Knoy View Post
              Did you notice that Kerby Raymundo change his jersey from 21 to 5...That because his idol, Kevin Garnett wears number 5 (21 was retired in Boston)...
              and he named his first born Kevin Garnett Raymundo.
              I'm back. Don't ask why. Just be glad.

Comment

4 father and son tandems, played for ginebra, the most by any pba team:

big j and dudut
                freddie & paolo hubalde
                romy & billy mamaril
                sonny & junjun cabatu

Comment

PBA is the first league that has a rule about "flopping"(which in my opinion makes the league more gayish)

Comment

Originally posted by ramzaruglia View Post
                    PBA is the first league that has a rule about "flopping"(which in my opinion makes the league more gayish)
                    and alaska got away with so many flops last night!

Comment

Originally posted by ramzaruglia View Post
                      Here's a link and a quote for you:

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/baske...lop-rule_N.htm

KISSIMMEE, Fla. (AP) — The NBA will begin fining players guilty of flopping beginning next season.

Although the exact amount of fines has not been determined, the clubs have been informed that a new rule is on the way.

"We have not finalized what the system's going to be and certainly we will before the beginning of next season," NBA vice president of basketball operations Stu Jackson said Friday.

In-game observers at the arenas and video reviewers will report theatrical flops as part of postgame reports, according to ESPN.com, which first reported the plan to penalize floppers.

"Our objective is to get the most egregious flops, the ones where the player's just flat taking a dive," Jackson said.

Whether suspensions could be a part of the punishments is not clear. The league has an escalating scale of punishments for technical fouls and could use something similar for flops.

Players who flop in international basketball get a technical foul.
                      i believe that article was written back in 2008. Do some research so you won't look like an as$ when you do your criticism.
                      If there is no basketball in heaven, i am NOT going.

SMALLBALL, bitches..

Comment

the 6'6 import height limit.

Call it stupid, pointless, or the term "sissifying". This is probably one of the most "unique" rules in the league.

Comment

Originally posted by TrueBluePinoy View Post
                          the 6'6 import height limit.

Call it stupid, pointless, or the term "sissifying". This is probably one of the most "unique" rules in the league.
                          It's one of the more unique features in ANY league; that said, IT IS stupid, pointless and sissfying indeed.
                          If there is no basketball in heaven, i am NOT going.

SMALLBALL, bitches..

Comment

Originally posted by Knoy View Post
                            Freddie Abuda was the first player to go US for the treatment of his injury...Purefoods management took care of his medical bills...

i believe solis and dignadice went to the us for treatment in 1994 or early 1995. so that means abuda went to the us for treatment back in 1993?and what about alvarez?

Comment

Originally posted by bestkept View Post
                              may be the one who layed up in the dunk contest was leo bat-og in the MBA..LOL..

Joey Mente if I am right even competed in the ABC vs. PBA All Star Night Dunk Contest against the guy from Qatar I think..the Mubarak guy if I remember correctly..
                              none are correct. the abc vs pba-all stars in 2000 was the worst ever dunk contest. the 2 indian cagers led by the 6'6 robinson (his partner was a gangling 7 footer) lose to don camaso who came up with unexciting dunks. i believe that the other pba representative was an import (shell or mobiline?).

mente then was still strolling his wares with the iloilo megavoltz and would soon become notorius in taiwan, not for his dunks, but for his wrestling and boxing prowess

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information