Australia national team (Boomers)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by thespywhozaggedme View Post
    Just a heads up, Drmic is no longer at AIS, he's a freshman at Boise State and Greenwood is a freshman at New Mexico..
    Thanks. I haven't been informed as of late about Drmic. While Greenwood, I totally forgot that he is a freshman at NM. I'll update.
    Sacramento Kings
    HERE WE STAY UNTIL THE COWBELLS COME HOME

Comment

Assuming the Boomers Qualify for the London Olympics, here's an interesting read from The ROAR: How the Boomers 2012 squad should line up
      Sacramento Kings

Comment

Is Anthony Drmic Frank Drmic's brother?

Comment

Originally posted by each way View Post
          Is Anthony Drmic Frank Drmic's brother?
          Yes..

Comment

With the Boomers putting behind the Stankovic Continental Cup behind them, the Boomers will fly to London for the Invitational Tournament. The Boomers will take on China, France, Croatia, Great Britain and Serbia countries who are also preparing for their respective Olympic Qualifiers in the invitationals.

After that is a two game exhibition with the Spanish National Team.
            Sacramento Kings

Comment

2011 Australian Boomers Men’s Basketball Team: European Tour

David BARLOW, Murcia, Spain
              Aron BAYNES, EWE Basket Oldenburg, Germany

Peter CRAWFORD, Townsville Crocodiles
              Matthew DELLAVEDOVA, St Mary's College, USA
              Adam GIBSON, Gold Coast Blaze
              Joe INGLES, Regal FC Barcelona, Spain
              Daniel KICKERT, PGE Turow, Poland
              Aleks MARIC, Panathinaikos, Greece

Damian MARTIN, Perth Wildcats
              Patrick MILLS, Portland Trailblazers, USA
              Brad NEWLEY, Lietuvos, Rytas, Lithuania
              Matthew NIELSEN, BC Khimki, Russia
              AJ OGILVY, Valencia, Spain

Mark WORTHINGTON, Gold Coast Blaze

London International Basketball Invitational - Schedule
              16 Aug Olympic Test Event vs. China - London, England
              17 Aug Olympic Test Event vs. France - London, England
              18 Aug Olympic Test Event vs. Croatia - London, England
              20 Aug Olympic Test Event vs. Serbia - London, England
              21 Aug Olympic Test Event vs. Great Britain - London, England

One thing I have noticed is the larger number of Boomers players taking their talents abroad over to Europe or the USA which I believe is a great thing as our national league is not as strong as back in the 1990s and furthermore, the lads can be further exposed to international/ European style of play.
              "No hay poder en el mundo que pueda cambiar el destino"
              -El Padrino

Comment

Boomers Team Captain Matt Nielsen has announced that this Olympic qualifying tournament and possibly the London Olympics will be his last last tour of duty for the National Team.

Sacramento Kings

Comment

Andrew Bogut looking forward to the London Olympics
                  Sacramento Kings

Comment

Point guard Patrick Mills told the press that playing in the Chinese Basketball Association for the Xinjiang Flying Tigers is the best preparation for next year's London Olympics.

Mills: China best preparation for Olympics
                    Sacramento Kings

Comment

• Cleveland Cavaliers rookie Kyrie Irving wants to suit up for the Australian National Team in the coming 2012 London Olympics. But his eligibility will be decided by FIBA.

Kyrie Irving's Olympics aspirations are in hands of FIBA: Cleveland Cavaliers Insider
                      Sacramento Kings

Comment

• AUS - Dellavedova contends for spot with Boomers

PORTLAND (Olympics) - When it comes to staying mentally tough in basketball games, Australian guard Matthew Dellavedova has an advantage.

The 21-year-old, a player with the Saint Mary's Gaels in California, is majoring in psychology and has a very impressive 3.61 grade point average that has earned him a spot on the Academic All-America Division I Men's Basketball Team.

Dellavedova is the first Saint Mary's men's basketball player to claim first-team Academic All-America honors.

St Mary's fans, and all of those fans Down Under who are keeping tabs on the latest Aussie to hit it big in American college basketball, are mostly paying attention to Dellavedova's work on the basketball court.

He helped Australia win the 2011 Oceania Championship to book a place at the London Games and is firmly in contention for a place in the Boomers' Olympic squad.

Dellavedova had 12 points, nine assists, five rebounds and two steals on Thursday night in a 70-43 rout of Portland that clinched at least a share of first place of the West Coast Conference title for the Gaels.

The Maryborough native is averaging 15.5 points and 6.4 assists per game and is proving to be indispensible for Gaels coach Randy Bennett.

"Matthew is a tremendous leader and a great role model," Bennett said.

"He has an outstanding work ethic, both on and off the court, and simply expects to do the little things that set him apart from others.

"He makes a really positive impact on everyone around him."
                        Die Liebe wird eine Krankheit, wenn man sie als eine Heilung sieht
                        Artificial Nature

Comment

• Cleveland Cavaliers star Kyrie Irving will make a decision soon on whether or not to suit up for the Australian National Team in the coming London Olympics.

Olympics-NBA's Irving to make a decision on Australia or U.S. soon
                          Sacramento Kings

Comment

• Cleveland Cavaliers star Kyrie Irving has opted not to play for the Australian national team for the London Olympics.

Irving won't play for Australia in Olympics
                            Sacramento Kings

Comment

• Andrew Bogut is unsure of playing in the London Olympics.

Bogut May Sit Out Season, Olympics
                              Sacramento Kings

Comment

• Done for season, Andrew Bogut hopes to play in Olympics

Warriors fans are eager to see new center Andrew Bogut on the court. But now that he has ruled himself out for the rest of the season, they’d just as soon that performance come next fall in training camp rather than in the summer at the London Olympics.

Bogut, who broke his left ankle in January, had held out hope of returning for the playoffs in April or May. That was before the Milwaukee Bucks traded him to Golden State.

But with the Warriors hopelessly out of playoff contention, the big guy told reporters this week that, while his recovery is on schedule, he will not play again this season.

“The most important thing is to get the bone right,” Bogut told the San Francisco Chronicle on the eve of Saturday’s 111-108 home win over Sacramento. “If I come back at 99 percent, and the bone is unsettled, and something shards off, I’m in big trouble.

“It would be nice to play this season, but it’s not going to happen.”

Bogut, a veteran of the 2004 and ’08 Olympics, remains hopeful of completing the hat trick in London this July. On the surface, the Warriors couldn’t have been happy to hear that.

But the 7-foot, 260-pound Australian assured his new fans he’s not going to do anything to jeopardize his NBA career.

“I wanted to play this season, and following that up with missing the Olympics would be really tough,” he said. “It’s one of the greatest things you can be involved with in our sport, but I’ve got to think about this franchise and what they’ve invested in me.

“I’ve got to treat the Olympics with the respect it deserves and be fair to the fans in Australia. But if I’m not 110 percent, I’m not going to play.”
                                -SF Examiner
                                Sacramento Kings

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information