Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Big Sofo on the Australia game.

Default Big Sofo on the Australia game.

http://www.sportime.gr/basket_inside...ticle_id=27069

He is full of confidence. He was unstoppable against the Liths (the time he played) and seems ready to kick some ass.
    Last edited by Minotavros; 08-21-2006 at 12:36 PM.

Guy played 5 minutes, if youre assasment of him being unstoppable was corrent, coach would give him more PT.
    My blog about european hoops http://insidehoops.blog.com

Quote Originally Posted by Markoishvili
    Guy played 5 minutes, if youre assasment of him being unstoppable was corrent, coach would give him more PT.
    YEah he was unstoppable in 5 minutes.
    When you are a rookie in the greek NT, you don't get major minutes instantly. That's how greek basketball works.

Another pointless thread.
    Why dont we all just wait and see whether Sofo is even gonna play tomorrow?
    Sexuality when one reaches their 30s is either mainstream or sick, but no matter what, it isn't pure

Quote Originally Posted by wardjdim
    Another pointless thread.
    Why dont we all just wait and see whether Sofo is even gonna play tomorrow?

every kind of thread is welcomed.
    if someone doesnt like it just dont answer.
    noone is capable to judge if it is pointless or not
    2nd in EUROLEAGUE IBN PREDICTION GAME 2012-2013
    2nd in EUROLEAGUE IBN PREDICTION GAME 2010-2011
    3nd in EUROLEAGUE IBN PREDICTION GAME 2009-2010
    1st in EUROLEAGUE IBN PREDICTION GAME 2008-2009
    2nd in EUROLEAGUE IBN PREDICTION GAME 2007-2008

Bogut is NOT a good center. At least in this tournament. His every opponent shut him down. He disappeared against Ermal Kuqo both in offense and defense. Bogut was a disappointment in Brazil game, too.

so, he is not a good measure for Sofo, at all

Quote Originally Posted by sariss
    Bogut is NOT a good center. At least in this tournament. His every opponent shut him down. He disappeared against Ermal Kuqo both in offense and defense. Bogut was a disappointment in Brazil game, too.

so, he is not a good measure for Sofo, at all

just an overated center untill now.I agree

When I first read this thread I thought that if he said it, he'd better shut up and show it on the court. Now that I read the article I must say that he didn't exactly say it this way. Here's the part of what Sofo said about the Australia game:

Το ματς με την Αυστραλία έχει πολλές δυσκολίες. Τους ξέρουμε από το τουρνουά προετοιμασίας στην Κίνα και πρέπει να τους προσέξουμε. Ο Μπόγκουτ είναι ένας παίκτης τον οποίο σέβομαι, έχει αποδείξει ότι είναι σπουδαίος σέντερ, αλλά αν βρεθεί απέναντί μου, θα κάνω ό,τι περνάει από το χέρι μου για να τον κερδίσω
    This means: "The match with Australia has a lot of difficulties. We know them from the preparation tournament in China and we have to be careful. Bogut is a player whom I respect, he has shown that he's a good Center, but when I'll face him, I'll do whatever I can to beat him."

So on the one hand he has confidence, but he also shows respect - which is a good thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Trifilli
    When I first read this thread I thought that if he said it, he'd better shut up and show it on the court. Now that I read the article I must say that he didn't exactly say it this way. Here's the part of what Sofo said about the Australia game:

This means: "The match with Australia has a lot of difficulties. We know them from the preparation tournament in China and we have to be careful. Bogut is a player whom I respect, he has shown that he's a good Center, but when I'll face him, I'll do whatever I can to beat him."

So on the one hand he has confidence, but he also shows respect - which is a good thing.
    Yeah I agree, I think someone should change the title of this thread. There's no need to be provocative.
    Minotauros can you please stop posting these messages with misleading titles (I'm referring to the other one about Dikoudis and Papadopoulos too)?

Every thread is welcomed, as long as it is serious and not misleading..
    Sexuality when one reaches their 30s is either mainstream or sick, but no matter what, it isn't pure

Senior Member Juan Carlos Nadal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hagakure
    Yeah I agree, I think someone should change the title of this thread. There's no need to be provocative.
    Minotauros can you please stop posting these messages with misleading titles (I'm referring to the other one about Dikoudis and Papadopoulos too)?
    Totally agree. I am changing the title.

PS: Crazy Green: Who is this Lacovic guy you are referring to in your signature?
    The Euroleague Organization and Mr Bertomeu are like the Bulgarian Government: corrupt, partially stupid, and a huge underestimator of people's intelligence.

Quote Originally Posted by Juan Carlos Nadal
    Totally agree. I am changing the title.

PS: Crazy Green: Who is this Lacovic guy you are referring to in your signature?

i dont know what are you talking man

Big Sofo said that Bogut is a good center but he will do everything to beat him. (and he will if he gets playing time).

He pointed out Bogut personally. Because he wants to go up against the best in the WC. Sofo is hungry. Sofo wants to play. I say let him play

Quote Originally Posted by Minotavros
    Big Sofo said that Bogut is a good center but he will do everything to beat him. (and he will if he gets playing time).

He pointed out Bogut personally. Because he wants to go up against the best in the WC. Sofo is hungry. Sofo wants to play. I say let him play
    Bogut is ok, but he's really not that great yet. Sofoklis and him have played against each other for the U-21 and U-19 teams of Greece and Australia so maybe Giannakis will give him the chance to prove who is the better player.

Bogut is ok, but he's really not that great yet. Sofoklis and him have played against each other for the U-21 and U-19 teams of Greece and Australia so maybe Giannakis will give him the chance to prove who is the better player.
    Back then Bogut kicked everyone's ass.
    He was too good.
    It's too bad that he isn't living up to the expectations.
    "No hay poder en el mundo que pueda cambiar el destino"
    -El Padrino

Quote Originally Posted by Saskibaloia
    Back then Bogut kicked everyone's ass.
    He was too good.
    It's too bad that he isn't living up to the expectations.
    I know he did, but so did Schortsanitis. Why do you think Schortsanitis was drafted by the NBA when he was hardly 18 years old?
    I think you're harsh on Bogut by saying that he hasn't lived up to expectations. I think his development so far has been normal, if not better than expected. People shouldn't have crazy expectations out of young players.

I know he did, but so did Schortsanitis. Why do you think Schortsanitis was drafted by the NBA when he was hardly 18 years old?
    I think you're harsh on Bogut by saying that he hasn't lived up to expectations. I think his development so far has been normal, if not better than expected. People shouldn't have crazy expectations out of young players.
    Mate, I can see where you're coming from but the expectations I had of Bogut coming into this World Championships is that he would be the total focal point of the team.
    Game 1: 9pts 9rbs
    Game 2: 8pts 4rbs
    I'm expected more like:
    17ppg & 12rpg.
    However, I must admit the post defense of the opposition has been very tough on him.
    I'm still going for my country but I expect more from Bogut.
    "No hay poder en el mundo que pueda cambiar el destino"
    -El Padrino

Quote Originally Posted by Saskibaloia
    Mate, I can see where you're coming from but the expectations I had of Bogut coming into this World Championships is that he would be the total focal point of the team.
    Game 1: 9pts 9rbs
    Game 2: 8pts 4rbs
    I'm expected more like:
    17ppg & 12rpg.
    However, I must admit the post defense of the opposition has been very tough on him.
    I'm still going for my country but I expect more from Bogut.
    Well he's only a kid, so I guess it might take him some time. When you said that you were disappointed with him I wasn't sure if you meant that you were disappinted with how he's playing in Japan or with his development as a player in general the last couple of years (I believed you meant the latter but obviously I was wrong).
    He will be a good player, but just because he plays in the NBA doesn't mean that he will be more dominant than anyone else.

One thing I can say is that whoever has underrated Bogut, has definitely paid the consequences...

Sofoklis gave an interview to a brazilian newspaper:

http://www.sportime.gr/basket_inside...ticle_id=27227

When do you intend to play in the NBA?
    I was very close this year but I am intending to make that step later, when I am ready to be a contributor. I need more experiences, which is what Olympiakos gives me and I can continue to improve. I might go next year or in two years.
    What do the Clippers say about your decision?
    They told me that the decision is mine alone. They told me to join them when I'm ready.
    Do you like the nickname Baby Shaq?
    No I don't like it at all but everyone insists on calling me that. I am different than Shaquille O'Neal. What I want is through work to get my own nickname and not one that refers to another player. And besides, my style is totally different.
    What are your differences with Shaquille?
    Shaquille is dominant in the paint in a bigger degree than me. He plays close to the basket and gets all the rebounds. I am more mobile and explosive. My first step is better than his, but it's clear that I'm nowhere near his level yet.
    What do you need to improve?
    I need to improve my moves around the basket, my speed and explosiveness. These are my "weapons".
    Do you intend to lose more weight?
    Yes, of course. I am 145 kilos now, but I need to lose 10-15 more to become more agile and be ready for the NBA.
    If you had to choose between success in the NBA or with the NT of Greece?
    My job is to improve all the time. Every day I do what I can to become a complete player. We'll see how far I can go.
    What do you know about Brazil?
    Not much. I know that they have NBA players and that they play fast, an american style game. It will be a difficult game and I expect us to have difficulties considering how Brazil plays.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast